MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

Has Gardner touched the ball in the last 20 minutes? He played about half a dozen balls forward in the first 20…one of which found a Latics player. He’s attempted one tackle…resulted in a yellow card. Doesn’t get anywhere near the opposition. Hiding. 

Thought we looked OK for first twenty minutes, without creating anything clear cut. However that sending off has thrown any prospect of positive attacking play so we'll be playing on the counter all second half. Prob with Norwood and Green on for Reid and Willoughby.

The ref's ruined the match here. Obviously the first booking from Fondop was correct as per the laws. But he's been fussy and far too keen to show a yellow rather than have a word first.

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Boggles my mind that Nuttall gets dogs abuse yet Fondop is a fan favourite. One is much more talented than the other and isn't a total liability. 

I'm fuming at that. Not the first time he's done it either

Just been taken off Unsworths Christmas card list

Both sides with half chances but we’ve missed 2 absolute sitters. Should have been 2 up before Fondop’s brain fart. 

They’ve twigged what kind of ref this guy is and are rolling around at every opportunity. We need to do the same. 

And finally, can we have a whip round to buy a camera with a fucking zoom out function?

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Everyone knew Fondop was as a walking red card after that 1st min incident. Fondop is an absolute clown and wouldn’t play for me again. Unsy has to take some responsibility for it also. I would have hooked him straight after the first incident. 

Be surprised if he starts another game. Benched for the season with only 20 minute impact camoes now.

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Boggles my mind that Nuttall gets dogs abuse yet Fondop is a fan favourite. One is much more talented than the other and isn't a total liability. 

I'm fuming at that. Not the first time he's done it either

Some could argue Nuttall is a liability as well with his red card in preseason and also when we signed him he was still serving a suspension for being sent off.  Personally I would prefer to bin the pair of them off but we need a big target man so not going to happen. 

The only person who couldn’t see Fondop was a walking red card is our Unsy.

We could have scored 2 - one an absolute shocker from their keeper. However they could also have a couple - blatant penalty for them not given.

Were still content with getting men behind the ball. Reid and Willoughby being told to play like wide midfielders than wide forwards.

Just shit. Again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Everyone knew Fondop was as a walking red card after that 1st min incident. Fondop is an absolute clown and wouldn’t play for me again. Unsy has to take some responsibility for it also. I would have hooked him straight after the first incident. 

Be serious. Hooking a player after 1 minute? And how the hell is it Unsworth's fault if the player can't stay on the right side of the laws of the game?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andyt84 said:

Some could argue Nuttall is a liability as well with his red card in preseason and also when we signed him he was still serving a suspension for being sent off.  Personally I would prefer to bin the pair of them off but we need a big target man so not going to happen. 

Some could argue that. But it’s a tricky argument to make when he’s not been sent off for us in a competitive fixture. 

• Like 1