MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 28/08/23

1 minute ago, basilrobbie said:

You might not like the manager, but that really is plumbing the depths.

I don't dislike anybody, I dislike seeing what he's not doing correctly week after week

Anyway, I won't have to worry about it much longer and then I can look forward instead of this constant backwards trip we've had to endure for what seems an age

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Be surprised if he starts another game. Benched for the season with only 20 minute impact camoes now.

Which is his best role sadly.

Although we should have enough decent strikers to allow for this, it would be nice if they were able to show it.

I feel like I've watched that game several times a season for the last 20 years. Miss sitters. Someone sent off stupidly. Carved open once and concede. Give it a go. Miss another sitter. Concede another on the break. Boos. Calls to change the manager.

It's like being stuck in some sort of depressing groundhog season.

• Like 1

A poor result, tough one on Unsy as the red has killed it but again we don’t look solid and I do t think it’s asking too much for us to shut them out even a player light at home. Overall I could cope with us being where we are with the results if we looked like a good side and had been unlucky, but we haven’t. We don’t score that many, we can’t keep clean sheets, the footy is rank and there is very little improvement. Hopefully the board act this week 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Attendance down 10% on the Aldershot game (ignoring Halifax as they probably brought quite a few). The board must have noticed.

Bank Holiday Monday as well with no other local game, we don't need the money so stop worrying. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

I feel like I've watched that game several times a season for the last 20 years. Miss sitters. Someone sent off stupidly. Carved open once and concede. Give it a go. Miss another sitter. Concede another on the break. Boos. Calls to change the manager.

From shitshow to shitshow

Our wait goes on

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Attendance down 10% on the Aldershot game (ignoring Halifax as they probably brought quite a few). The board must have noticed.

You would have thought the board would have noticed Unsworth is no good at his job too but it seems not to be the case.

• Like 1

Nevermind the ref that was abject again. No quality or impetus whatsoever even with 11 men - the frustration of which has probably led to Fondop's inevitable 2nd card. He still wants stringing up though, I've always backed Fondop but I expect him fined and out of the fold for the foreseeable.

How we've had 2 sitters first half I don't really know but obviously they're both missed because Reid has no composure whatsoever and Shelton is as bad with the ball as Sheron. 

Osborne and Beck the best players on the pitch by a country mile and look where their careers have been spent. 

Rapidly reaching the conclusion we're pissing into the wind with Unsworth who is surely getting an ultimatum for September if not the bullet tonight.

😡

• Like 1

I make that 18 yellows and 2 red cards from 6 league games. I know refs are under orders to crack down on time wasting, dissent etc. and I've no great faith in their ability or common sense at NL level. But I'm starting to wonder if what on paper looks like a pretty poor disciplinary record is a sign of a deeper malaise within the squad. I certainly don't blame Unsworth for either of the red cards, but it's one more indication that all is far from well.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Be serious. Hooking a player after 1 minute? And how the hell is it Unsworth's fault if the player can't stay on the right side of the laws of the game?

Making decisive decisions is all part of management. If he had took him off, we wouldn’t have been a player down. I would have taken him off and mate I go with turned around to me straight after the event and said take him off. 

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

A poor result, tough one on Unsy as the red has killed it but again we don’t look solid and I do t think it’s asking too much for us to shut them out even a player light at home. Overall I could cope with us being where we are with the results if we looked like a good side and had been unlucky, but we haven’t. We don’t score that many, we can’t keep clean sheets, the footy is rank and there is very little improvement. Hopefully the board act this week 

Spot on.

For 1000th time.

Rhinoball- you have to win, because when you don’t the performance offers no hope or encouragement of improvement. 

It’s genuinely not an exaggeration to say that we’ve had one and half games of decent football under him. Wrexham first half at home last season, and Aldershot at home this season. One we lost one we won, but the performance was very good. In other 40+ games it goes between pragmatic/average/passive/lacking intent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Just punch Ned Ryerson in the face for me.

• Like 2