Can we afford it?

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not advocating a change in the CEO, we have much to be thankful for with regards to Darren's involvement, I still don't feel he should be free from scrutiny though and some important lessons have hopefully been learnt along the way.

Anyone agitating for a change  in CEO, advocating it or even mentioning it in passing at this stage of the game has lost the plot.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You applying ?  😄

When I win the £181m Euromillions I dreamt recently, it will all change. No promises of fast dynamic football, it will happen from day 1. I'll sign the players myself.🙂

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

100% agree.

Parts of our fan base are absolutely bonkers.

This is what happens on here, you ask a simple question and some people turn it into an attack.

They can't resist digs yet don't even watch the team play.

They'd cause an argument in a Monestary.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Hasn't been much evidence of his talent so far, seems to do a lot of pointing and that's it, maybe his teammates are seeing what he is earning and asking what they are getting from him in return?

To be fair he's had little or no service in most matches.

What a natural goal scorer needs is the ball being played to him early to take advantage of his skills. We haven't shown the ability as yet to provide him with that service as the only fit midfielders are defensively orientated.

He showed at Chesterfield and Gateshead that he's on his toes following up on deflections and goalkeeper's errors but our attackers don't shoot enough to offer these sort of chances.

If we played the ball in earlier and shot a bit more often his goals would follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

When I win the £181m Euromillions I dreamt recently, it will all change. No promises of fast dynamic football, it will happen from day 1. I'll sign the players myself.🙂

I hope and pray you win

Because I know promotion would be a mere formality.

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If we played the ball in earlier and shot a bit more often his goals would follow.

This is the kind of crazy talk that could seriously harm the brilliant long term strategic master plan that DU is implementing 

Last season we finished a magnificent 12th and David has steered us to within 3 points of that incredible achievement…yes folks, just 1 win separates us from 2 consecutive top half finishes

It could come this weekend or it could come in April (at BP in front of 4k) but I truly believe David will deliver this miracle (although FR may have to back him with half a dozen new players, especially strikers)

The original post about paying him off etc. The likelihood is, if we can't agree a cut price deal, is he goes on garden leave.

Bayern have their last manager on garden leave, Nagglewhateverhisname. Germany may take him, and if goes the contract is broken.

If Ebrell or anyone walk when Unsworth goes they won't be paid off.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Hasn't been much evidence of his talent so far, seems to do a lot of pointing and that's it, maybe his teammates are seeing what he is earning and asking what they are getting from him in return?

Not their business what he is earning, but if they're after similar they'll need to get a move to a high flying League 1 club and cement themselves in the 1st team 👍🏼 

19 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I bet they didn't budget on what they got and on what they've had to lay out

to get to where we are after 12 month's, nowhere!

You've no idea what they have or haven't budgeted for 

11 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Shez had valuable experience of managing this club at a higher level, something I don't think is ever going to happen for Mr Unsworth,

But the fans want someone who knows the conference, shez doesn't 

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Some companies change the CEO if results decline, or is it different in football?

Ridiculous 

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Anyone agitating for a change  in CEO, advocating it or even mentioning it in passing at this stage of the game has lost the plot.

Personal attack 🤣

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

This is what happens on here, you ask a simple question and some people turn it into an attack.

They can't resist digs yet don't even watch the team play.

They'd cause an argument in a Monestary.

Jesus H

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

New secured loan with HSBC taken out and registered on Companies House. 

Funds to sack Unsy ?

Only joking will be for the little Wembley development, but can’t wait for the piss boil about this loan. 

Can't wait for @PeteG take on it

Funds to sack Unsy ?

Only joking will be for the little Wembley development, but can’t wait for the piss boil about this loan. 

Yes there'll be a post about this shortly from you know who!

Funds to sack Unsy ?

As far as can see it's a business venture. Hiring it out after training is done with it. 

Hopefully it makes surplus money after the loan repayments.

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You've no idea what they have or haven't budgeted for 

But the fans want someone who knows the conference, shez doesn't 

Ridiculous 

Personal attack 🤣

Jesus H

Can't wait for @PeteG take on it

You poisonous snake, be gone with you!

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Funds to sack Unsy ?

So it's true we don't have a bottomless pot of money that we can piss away on bad business decisions, we may even feel the pinch when crowds go down a couple of thousand less than expected. 

Put all other aspects of this aside for a moment.

The 1000 fans who have recently stopped attending, (and lots more who will soon join them,) are doing so because the football is bloody awful, There has been no difference in this seasons performances than last. So attendances will continue to slide. Unsworth needs to change his attitude, and his teams style of play. And win some games in style. Failing to do so, will soon be following by 12 month's of off pitch improvements, and positivity being thrown away.

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I think it's quite funny, this pointing thing which lots of players do. I can never figure out what they are pointing at and nobody seems to taking any notice anyway. :D 

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

we may even feel the pinch when crowds go down a couple of thousand less than expected. 

Not sure they will. They can't have expected 7000 a week. We've sold that many STs that the crowds shouldn't be a massive financial issue unless we have been very silly.

Crowd numbers won't affect the managers job imo, but behaviour and atmosphere may well......

Average attendance last season was 6600 in a division where we had Wrexham and Notts County. They can't have budgeted for it to be even the same never mind higher than that surely. The BBC have the Dorking game at 6291.

Edited by Shrek

15 hours ago, Wardie said:

I think it's quite funny, this pointing thing which lots of players do. I can never figure out what they are pointing at and nobody seems to taking any notice anyway. :D 

On a similar vein- the cupping of the hand over the mouth always makes me smile. As if everything everyone says must not be picked up by Camera. 

• Like 1