The Next Oldham Manager

41 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Talbot was another one - it went downhill quickly for him, but he actually wasn't that bad for us.  Kept us up after administration, beat City.

That six weeks or so, after City, we were utterly hopeless. I remember a 1-0 win at Peterborough which, even though we won, was complete turgid. It seemed such a flip from really good (we were transformed once we brought in Kilkenny and Hughes) to complete dogshit in the blink of an eye.

17 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

That six weeks or so, after City, we were utterly hopeless. I remember a 1-0 win at Peterborough which, even though we won, was complete turgid. It seemed such a flip from really good (we were transformed once we brought in Kilkenny and Hughes) to complete dogshit in the blink of an eye.

I went to that one.  I'm going to have to show my Laticsmind credentials here and say we won 2-1, I think.  Mark Arber playing for Posh got pelters from our lot.

I don't remember it being that bad, but I was drinking heavily at the time...

Edited by JoeP

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I went to that one.  I'm going to have to show my Laticsmind credentials here and say we won 2-1, I think.  Mark Arber playing for Posh got pelters from our lot.

I don't remember it being that bad, but I was drinking heavily at the time...

That Bovril must have been strong Joe :) oh you mean before the game 🤪

5 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

We've still got a Billy Big Bollox attitude to this league, certainly on the terraces. We need a bit of humility until we earn cock of the walk status. It's 11 v. 11 on grass (or 4G), history and size of the club does not matter one jot, it's those 22 players at 3pm on Saturday afternoon that determine the result [ps I'm not suggesting you have that attitude FMS, rather building on your point]. 

l refuse to drop the big bollocks attitude. it is our ticket out of here if utilised correctly, seeing that we actually do have massive bollocks. we just need to stop dropping them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l refuse to drop the big bollocks attitude. it is our ticket out of here if utilised correctly, seeing that we actually do have massive bollocks. we just need to stop dropping them.

Or maybe one big bollock and one little bollock and that's why we have been running round in circles under Unsworth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Just imagine some of our lot being apoplectic.

"Stop pi**ing about, gerrit up t'other end"

The more I think about it the more I want a manager who will come not give a crap about what other people think and be brave an impose himself on the club and on the way we play.

The worst thing David Unsworth said was that interview on the pod where he said about putting 2 upfront because the people sat in the main stand paddock. Fuck what they think do what you think.

I've just listened to Marc White on the undr cosh podcast I think what people like about him is his authenticity, he doesn't give a fuck what people think that's what we need from the next manager.

All any manager needs to know about the fans is that they will back a winning team that's it. Just be courageous and get your team to be courageous don't worry about the crowd or the opposition or anythingelse because that will be rewarded if you do.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I want a manager who plays attacking, winning football that the players want to play for, primarily.

Someone who comes across well and is relatable secondly.

When the chips are down, I want to want the manager to turn it around.  With Unsworth, I wasn't that fussed...

53 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I want a manager who plays attacking, winning football that the players want to play for, primarily.

Someone who comes across well and is relatable secondly.

When the chips are down, I want to want the manager to turn it around.  With Unsworth, I wasn't that fussed...

You don’t want much do you ? 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

The more I think about it the more I want a manager who will come not give a crap about what other people think and be brave an impose himself on the club and on the way we play.

The worst thing David Unsworth said was that interview on the pod where he said about putting 2 upfront because the people sat in the main stand paddock. Fuck what they think do what you think.

I've just listened to Marc White on the undr cosh podcast I think what people like about him is his authenticity, he doesn't give a fuck what people think that's what we need from the next manager.

All any manager needs to know about the fans is that they will back a winning team that's it. Just be courageous and get your team to be courageous don't worry about the crowd or the opposition or anythingelse because that will be rewarded if you do.

On the other hand Unsworth didn't give a fuck what people thought and still played turgid football, based on defence without any decent defensive positioning.