The Next Oldham Manager

19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Such a difficult one for the board to judge. The supporters are so split about sticking with ST and bringing a new manager in. You can see a clear argument for both.

The only time you’re going to know is by going for one or the other, no right or wrong answer. Personally ST and NR makes sense as things stand currently. Know the squad, know what’s needed

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't see a split I see the majority saying the same thing.

I thought your recent post was spot on but there’s no evidence of how the overall supporter body feeling one way or another. OWTB is a bubble and it would be wrong to project on to others.

But keep posting sense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Think the Bunn rumours were started by the Barry/Fake Barry twitter account.

Can't find the account now but I'm sure he tweeted last night that player power had won the day and that Bunn now won't be appointed (which hints that Thompson will be appointed based on his previous)

This may, or may not, be Barry Owen's Twitter account @Gaz_Oafc

He (Owen?) seems to have started a rumour one day and the next day he says it's not happening!

However, this account is constantly criticising the board, OASF, and the administration of the club - suggesting splits in the hierarchy as well. It reads that he prefers the previous ownership!!

7 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

He (Owen?) seems to have started a rumour one day and the next day he says it's not happening!

However, this account is constantly criticising the board, OASF, and the administration of the club - suggesting splits in the hierarchy as well. It reads that he prefers the previous ownership!!

Just the last bit re them preferring the previous ownership tells all I need to know 

8 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

The account is so messed up that I am inclined to think it is actually Barry Owen. 

Honestly, he was at the Kidderminster game and a few chants was directed at him, but overall he got off pretty lightly. 

He shouldn’t be allowed near the club imo. 

46 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I thought your recent post was spot on but there’s no evidence of how the overall supporter body feeling one way or another. OWTB is a bubble and it would be wrong to project on to others.

But keep posting sense. 

Fair comment, maybe I should have added the ones I attend games with seem happy enough, lots more bubbles with differing opinions I suspect. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Do you?  Can't say I'm seeing a consensus.  For what it's worth (not a lot really) I think we need someone fresher and younger

I did see a poll of about 200 fans asking for their thoughts on Frankie Bunn, 80% said No which tells me if he was a serious contender then the board are way out of touch with the fan base.

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be disappointed if Thompson got it. Would be a very unambitious move. I'd be happy for him to stay on as assistant, but we need fresh ideas from outside the club. Tell Redfearn "thanks, but no thanks..."

You not heard anything? 

I reckon Thompson's got it. There's been a few quid put on him in the last couple of hours...

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Barry Owen could ofcourse of made things up. He's good at that.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be disappointed if Thompson got it. Would be a very unambitious move. I'd be happy for him to stay on as assistant, but we need fresh ideas from outside the club. Tell Redfearn "thanks, but no thanks..."

Agree with this. Seems a sound bloke and I’m right behind him if he does but he hasn’t really inspired me and I’d rather us show some ambition and go out and get someone on the up. 
I suppose it may come down to how much is left in the pot after paying Unsworth and Ebrell off though

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not like you this post.So wrong.Thompson is so much better than D.U and deserves a chance till the end of the season with some support.

• Like 2

I’d rather go for a manager who’s been there and done it, but if keeping Tommo in charge on presumably a lesser wage, and it means we have more money available to bring in the 4 players we need, I can get on board with it.

Either way, the football needs to improve rapidly.

• Like 1