Rochdale Scramble?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

But the club doesn’t lose out. 

12 x 24 is £288.

What was a season ticket- £270

They actually gain by fans paying on the day if you do half the games. 

Season ticket money helps in close season, and when that runs out- they rely on potd. 

They’re equally as important. 

I only attend half because of my ST, so it's pissing down on a Tuesday or freezing on a Saturday, do I rock up and pay on the day, most probably not. So the 10 or 11 games become 7 or 8. Last season under Unsworth I would have done about half a dozen. Whatever way you look at it the club have dropped a bollock here. Im not saying it was done consciously but they do need to review it. 

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Problem for me is we can't buy online as I'm a carer for my brother and have to buy from the ground but weren't aware of the ticket open release until it was too late.

However, we only get to a couple of away games due to circumstances so although we've been season ticket holders for donkeys years we couldn't claim priority over other members, but the decision to sell them on open sale is our first own goal of the season.

I am also a carer and so have same problem as yourself with having to go to ticket office.I went today about 2pm and there was a few left maybe go down in the morning you may get lucky.

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Correct - I know this won't be popular in some quarters but here's what I posted in May :-

From a financial perspective (and IF cash-flow isn't seen as an absolute necessity in the "close season") then season tickets (and early bird offers particularly) are not actually very good business. To illustrate, let's take a stable "home" attendance every game of 6,000 fans and let's split the fanbase 30%, 20%, 25% and 25% across the various ages/price bands.

If all 6,000 fans had an early bird season ticket, then the equivalent matchday turnstile income from home attendance would be £38,031, which extrapolates to £874,713 per season.

If all 6,000 fans turned up and paid on the day, matchday turnstile income more than doubles to £77,100, which extrapolates to £1,773,300 per season. Even accepting higher overheads for handling some cash etc, it's a massive difference and would provide much more room for better wages/players etc.

So, all things being equal, there is a strong argument to be made that the best way to financially support your club is to attend every game and pay on the day. That's the most beneficial support of all in financial terms.

It's a difficult one, the Rochdale away, as everyone wants to go. I didn't buy a season ticket but will now (i.e. under new management) probably go to the majority of away games (including the distant ones). Should I be deprived of a Rochdale ticket behind a ST holder who rarely goes away but wants to do Rochdale? Simple fact is we need more tickets, there will be plenty of room at the ground, so Dale should sort it out.

What did surprise me was how little notice there was of the tickets going on sale. It was only thanks to my good mate Monty's post that I even realised they were on sale. A promise too - if I can't go for any reason I`ll give my 2 tickets away to a deserving person/s for nothing in return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I only attend half because of my ST, so it's pissing down on a Tuesday or freezing on a Saturday, do I rock up and pay on the day, most probably not. So the 10 or 11 games become 7 or 8. Last season under Unsworth I would have done about half a dozen. Whatever way you look at it the club have dropped a bollock here. Im not saying it was done consciously but they do need to review it. 

Review what? 

You’re paying £11/12 a game. 

I’m paying £24 a game. 

You’ve already had the better deal.

I wouldn’t mind if the club said ST holders get first dibs, but to say they’ve dropped a bollock is way over the top. They don’t owe you more because you took advantage of a great deal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Should I be deprived of a Rochdale ticket behind a ST holder who rarely goes away but wants to do Rochdale? Simple fact is we need more tickets, there will be plenty of room at the ground, so Dale should sort it out.

Agreed, we can all make a case for the circumstances we’re in. The simple fact is, 7000 doesn’t go into 3000. 

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

What did surprise me was how little notice there was of the tickets going on sale.

Yep, and I don’t think people would have felt as aggrieved if they had been given ‘fair warning’ for the biggest away demand of the season. 

• Like 1

It makes me laugh when people who don't buy a season ticket come on here and somehow think they're doing the club a favour by turning up when they feel like it and forking out a few quid extra.

Same as a few years back when I was arguing with someone who only went to away games and insisting that  they were putting something into the club.

Buy a season ticket and commit to the club !!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Review what? 

You’re paying £11/12 a game. 

I’m paying £24 a game. 

You’ve already had the better deal.

I wouldn’t mind if the club said ST holders get first dibs, but to say they’ve dropped a bollock is way over the top. They don’t owe you more because you took advantage of a great deal. 

Review there decision to put them straight on open sale. 

It doesn't matter one bit to me I am away when the Dale game is played, but season ticket holders in my eyes should get 1st dibs, there is a reason that season tickets are cheaper it brings the money in so the club can plan there budget. If they just replied on pod's it would be an even bigger lottery financially for the lower level clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It makes me laugh when people who don't buy a season ticket come on here and somehow think they're doing the club a favour by turning up when they feel like it and forking out a few quid extra.

Same as a few years back when I was arguing with someone who only went to away games and insisting that  they were putting something into the club.

😂😂😂

It makes me laugh when people who buy season tickets come on here and don’t understand that I’m paying more than them over the season to watch our team. But still gloat that they’re committing more. 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

there is a reason that season tickets are cheaper it brings the money in so the club can plan there budget.

. . . and so fans can take advantage of a great deal. 

I think giving ST holders first dibs is ok if the club wants to,  it’s the entitlement to it I’m challenging.

‘I took advantage of a great deal, which gives me very cheap football-  now where is my extra!? ’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

12 x 24 is £288.

What was a season ticket- £270

They actually gain by fans paying on the day if you do half the games. 

Season ticket money helps in close season, and when that runs out- they rely on potd. 

They’re equally as important. 

Just had a look for a point of clarity, my ST cost me 286, not even a pie in the difference. 

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Jeez - decades of support - and Lord knows how much money spent (and during one period went to every game home and away for nigh on 10 years running). I`ve never bothered much with season tickets - but I've not been committed to the club? There's only one reason why people buy "early bird" season tickets - and that's to save themselves a pile of dosh, Bob.

• Like 3

Just now, League one forever said:

. . . and so fans can take advantage of a great deal. 

I think giving ST holders first dibs is ok if the club wants to,  it’s the entitlement to it I’m challenging.

‘I took advantage of a great deal, which gives me very cheap football-  now where is my extra!? ’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

If it wasn't beneficial for the club they wouldn't offer these discounts on Season tickets. And to talk of entitlement you sound like Eyresy. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

It makes me laugh when people who buy season tickets come on here and don’t understand that I'm paying more than them over the season to watch our team. But still gloat that they’re committing more. 🤦🏻‍♂️

That's assuming you've turned up to the number of games you say you have and not changed your mind because "it looks like rain" !

Just buy a season ticket and donate the difference to the club.

• Like 1

Selfishly, as a non ST holder, pleased that I managed to get one fairly easily.

Releasing ticket news the night before means some ST holders may not have even realised they were on sale, never mind managed to get online and get one.

Not limiting sales per person was worse than not giving ST holders first dibs. People posting pics buying 10 at once for their day tripper mates..

Wonder whether it was an oversight or intentional for some reason? Or whether the ticket site is even capable of doing it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Jeez - decades of support - and Lord knows how much money spent (and during one period went to every game home and away for nigh on 10 years running). I`ve never bothered much with season tickets - but I've not been committed to the club? There's only one reason why people buy "early bird" season tickets - and that's to save themselves a pile of dosh, Bob.

There isn't only 1 reason why people buy ST's, some buy for the chance to get 1st shot a high profile away tickets. If this is being stopped the club should say so. Next season would show a large reduction in ST sales. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It begs the question why haven't you took advantage of a season ticket ?

I'm not comparing people's level of support more, as I said most of my away days are over, but posters claiming to having put more money into the club by not buying season tickets is.

However we discuss the merits of buying or not buying I think the regime has cocked this bit of their tenure up. ☹️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Love how we manage to get so highly outraged by something that matters so little in the grand scheme of things. Always good to see @wiseowl showing he's better than everyone else.

The club have done so many good things since the Rothwells took over, doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise when they get it wrong. 

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If it wasn't beneficial for the club they wouldn't offer these discounts on Season tickets. And to talk of entitlement you sound like Eyresy. 

Of course it’s beneficial to the club - I haven’t said otherwise. The club need some money in the close season, and they went to great lengths to keep it affordable/a great deal and said as much in the press. 

It win win. 

The club gets some money over the close season. 

You’ve had a great deal- have you not?? 

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

There isn't only 1 reason why people buy ST's, some buy for the chance to get 1st shot a high profile away tickets. If this is being stopped the club should say so. Next season would show a large reduction in ST sales. 

Out of interest- when you bought yours did it say anything about getting first dibs on season tickets, or did you just assume? (Not having a dig) I don’t think it would have a great affect either way. The fans that ‘will only buy a ST if you guarantee me first dibs away’ is very small IMO. 

When I had season tickets for myself and my daughters, the main aim was to get into home matches for less than POTD, which we had done previously and it made complete financial sense to purchase the season tickets. Priority for away days never even entered the equation, although we did go to a few choice games.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course it’s beneficial to the club - I haven’t said otherwise. The club need some money in the close season, and they went to great lengths to keep it affordable/a great deal and said as much in the press. 

It win win. 

The club gets some money over the close season. 

You’ve had a great deal- have you not?? 

Out of interest- when you bought yours did it say anything about getting first dibs on season tickets, or did you just assume? (Not having a dig) I don’t think it would have a great affect either way. The fans that ‘will only buy a ST if you guarantee me first dibs away’ is very small IMO. 

Of course it didn't say we would get 1st look in at away games, but custom and practice it was ever thus. If things have changed that's fine, but I would expect the club to let us know via their media channels that this is the case now. We criticised the last regime for lack of communication, it would be foolish for us to fall back into this trap. 

• Like 1