Rochdale Scramble?

If the club is going to go down this route for the "higher profile" games, then it takes away any incentive for me to buy a season ticket. I normally only attend about 50 per cent of the home games as football comes down my list of priorities. So to pay on the day would make financial sense which would mean the club losing out on my season ticket money. I just don't think they have thought this through properly. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree the club could have given more or bigger notice of the fixture as they know demand will be massive. 

However, are you more deserving/more of fan because you’re going to Wealdstone and have a season ticket??? Similarly I don’t believe for one second there will be any day trippers there, seeing as the absolute hard core is 3k then add in Frank arrivals and you have circa 7000 people wanting 3000 tickets. 

I think you are missing my point, I know there are daytrippers because I know fans who've bought multiple tickets for mates as well as some who don't even support Oldham, despite being a season ticket holder I didn't have any window of opportunity to buy them which is pisspoor when other fans are buying multiple tickets. Why not 1 per ST for 2 days then on open sale, hardly fucking rocket science is it.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree the club could have given more or bigger notice of the fixture as they know demand will be massive. 

However, are you more deserving/more of fan because you’re going to Wealdstone and have a season ticket??? Similarly I don’t believe for one second there will be any day trippers there, seeing as the absolute hard core is 3k then add in Frank arrivals and you have circa 7000 people wanting 3000 tickets. 

I’ve got to be honest here, but my opinion is yes in this instance you are more deserving of a ticket for the higher profile games if you have a ST. I’m not saying i’d class them as more of a fan no, as everyone has different circumstances as to why they wouldn’t be able to go to the far away games or pay up front for a ST, but it’s always been a perk of buying a ST in the 23 years i’ve been going, and rightly so. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daniel said:

I’ve got to be honest here, but my opinion is yes in this instance you are more deserving of a ticket for the higher profile games if you have a ST. I’m not saying i’d class them as more of a fan no, as everyone has different circumstances as to why they wouldn’t be able to go to the far away games or pay up front for a ST, but it’s always been a perk of buying a ST in the 23 years i’ve been going, and rightly so. 

I hear you Dan. 

Im probably rolling two points into one. 

Should there be perk for away tickets when buying a season ticket- yeah probably. 

I was reacting to the ‘whose the more deserving’ 

I work Tuesday evenings and some Saturdays, so I never feel I can justify the upfront cost. Having said that, I’d say I get to ten games at full potd price, so I’m contributing £240 which isn’t far off a season ticket anyway. (Maybe I need to rethink my rational on that😂

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I hear you Dan. 

Im probably rolling two points into one. 

Should there be perk for away tickets when buying a season ticket- yeah probably. 

I was reacting to the ‘whose the more deserving’ 

I work Tuesday evenings and some Saturdays, so I never feel I can justify the upfront cost. Having said that, I’d say I get to ten games at full potd price, so I’m contributing £240 which isn’t far off a season ticket anyway. (Maybe I need to rethink my rational on that😂

It’s a fine line and see both sides of the argument in fairness, thats why I would never say i’m more of a fan than anyone else, as i’m lucky I can make Sat and Tues games, both home and away, but then in your instance you actually spend more money over a season going to 10-15 home games and paying on the gate etc. 

ST holders should have priority, end of.  We part with our money to support the club irrespective of the shit Unsworth served up and whether the next manager gets it right or not and this is how we're treated.  Pissed me right off. 

The only positive I can take out of it is the tickets were released very early which makes me think it'll give GMP and both clubs enough time to sort out releasing more tickets to Oldham fans, hopefully with ST holders gettin the priority this time 👊

• Like 1

Do agree season ticket holders should get 48 hours of priority. But it does make me laugh when this happens, how quick after they sell out people are to complain and talk about going in the home end. Can’t spare 60 seconds during the day to go onto the internet and buy a ticket, but can spare several hours on the internet to moan about not getting one on twitter or here. Moaning for moanings sake…. The only people I feel sorry for is those who don’t have internet which is probably less than 1% of Latics fans.

13 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Do agree season ticket holders should get 48 hours of priority. But it does make me laugh when this happens, how quick after they sell out people are to complain and talk about going in the home end. Can’t spare 60 seconds during the day to go onto the internet and buy a ticket, but can spare several hours on the internet to moan about not getting one on twitter or here. Moaning for moanings sake…. The only people I feel sorry for is those who don’t have internet which is probably less than 1% of Latics fans.

They put tickets on sale during the working day and they sold out in 4 hours. It's not simply a case of having access to the internet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Problem for me is we can't buy online as I'm a carer for my brother and have to buy from the ground but weren't aware of the ticket open release until it was too late.

However, we only get to a couple of away games due to circumstances so although we've been season ticket holders for donkeys years we couldn't claim priority over other members, but the decision to sell them on open sale is our first own goal of the season.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

So to pay on the day would make financial sense which would mean the club losing out on my season ticket money. I just don't think they have thought this through properly. 

But the club doesn’t lose out. 

12 x 24 is £288.

What was a season ticket- £270

They actually gain by fans paying on the day if you do half the games. 

Season ticket money helps in close season, and when that runs out- they rely on potd. 

They’re equally as important. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Moaning for moaning sake, fucking hell sorry mate I've been at work since 10am and unable to access the ticketing site, how the fuck was I supposed to buy one then, it's not like I've had a couple of days they literally went in 3 or 4 hours and effectively went in a free for all. By the time I logged on to buy they had gone.

• Like 1