Rochdale Scramble?

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

are rochdale emailing people to say the ticket is cancelled non refunded?

if it wasnt for ticking here to agreeing to terms and conditions ld be convinced theres got to have been a GDPR breach or ten thousand gone down to achieve that.

it should about halve the number of Latics in the home sections to around 6-700ish!!

If the police want access to both Oldhams and Rochdales databases for security reasons then they will be able to get hold of them as GDPR allows access on those grounds. All they have to do is compare if you are on both Oldham's and Rochdales systems and you've bought tickets in the Rochdale end then you could well be screwed.

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If the police want access to both Oldhams and Rochdales databases for security reasons then they will be able to get hold of them as GDPR allows access on those grounds. All they have to do is compare if you are on both Oldham's and Rochdales systems and you've bought tickets in the Rochdale end then you could well be screwed.

Fucking hell. It's 2023, surely it's possible to watch a game of football together without the old bill getting their knickers in a twist

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Latics n dale issued a joint statement so l just imagined there was a database exchange done and anybody who has ever purchased a ticket from us gets their home section ticket cancelled. which will no doubt have a few unfair outcomes. unusually for me l'm sat with our lot for this one so l wont get my usual treat of watching us!

nephews first away match. he's city really but it's not his fault and he's been after coming for a while.

48 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Fucking hell. It's 2023, surely it's possible to watch a game of football together without the old bill getting their knickers in a twist

the build up this ones been gettin lm expectin all the Latics fans to be yanited fans on a day out, 60% of the home sections to be Latics and the match to still be going at nearly 6PM largely thanks to a white horse 

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

Tickets seem like gold dust. I’m after one under 16’s and not seen any spares anywhere. Hoping some will pop up as the game approaches.

Sorry read it wrong

Edited by Lags

On 10/7/2023 at 8:19 AM, Ritchierich said:

Why are football clubs uniquely incapable of planning ahead for these fixtures and ensuring everyone who wants a ticket can get one? It’s staggering really, the ground won’t be anywhere near full and yet hundreds of Oldham fans will be denied entry or subject to police threats.

Its not like lower league football doesn’t need the money, apart from anything else!

Pathetic but standard these days sadly

I wouldn't say uniquely the train companies struggle too. As anyone who went to Halifax on the train last season and got the first train back to Dale / Manchester will attest. The same thing happened when we played Wigan away at Easter a few years ago.

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I wouldn't say uniquely the train companies struggle too. As anyone who went to Halifax on the train last season and got the first train back to Dale / Manchester will attest. The same thing happened when we played Wigan away at Easter a few years ago.

Not really comparable. Train companies have the added complexity of the rolling stock needing to be in a particular place for subsequent services (including the next day)

A football club has no such excuse 

Ref on Saturday is James Westgate from Sunderland who is taking only his 4th game at this level after being promoted. In his previous 3 games he's booked 15 players.

Surely they could have found a more experienced official for a local derby or did they want a repeat of last year's horrendous performance from a rookie versus Halifax. 👎

24 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Ref on Saturday is James Westgate from Sunderland who is taking only his 4th game at this level after being promoted. In his previous 3 games he's booked 15 players.

Surely they could have found a more experienced official for a local derby or did they want a repeat of last year's horrendous performance from a rookie versus Halifax. 👎

Bodes well.

I'm sure he won't try to make it all about him, lose his head, and ruin the game...

tickets came on saturday. they sent them to the cardholder (if the card still exists, l just know the numbers!!) when l specifically asked for them sent to me. but in these days of fraud, excessive demand, dodgy addresses and cancelled tickets lm not actually arsed. probably technically broke the law ordering them but whats the point in having a near photosimilie memory recorder if l cant use it every now n then.

this week on LaticsMind the rather damaged card reader cobbled together one!!(Ritchie)

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Apparently it is his 6th game at this level.

Given quite a few good refs only spend a year at this level I'm less worried about experience in referees than I used to be. 

For those thinking of going incognito - Game is all ticket. Online sales stop at 3pm Friday and in person sales stop at 5pm. Anyone going in person will probably need to give their address and it may be wise to brush up on your Rochdale trivia, especially recent games. 

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/october/athome_oldhamathletic_211023/ 

I’ve just spoken to the Dale ticket office.

Anyone who hasn’t bought a ticket  through Rochdale before will have their details sent to Oldham for confirmation.

it’s a bit crap this, I actually live in Rochdale and would sit or stand in peace at the game and keep my head down.

I don’t know what details they want from Latics?.

14 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Anyone who hasn’t bought a ticket  through Rochdale before will have their details sent to Oldham for confirmation.

it’s a bit crap this, I actually live in Rochdale and would sit or stand in peace at the game and keep my head down.

Might be worth using a family members/friends/neighbours details who never goes football and has likely never been Latics? Should be easy to navigate if thats the extent of the checks.

28 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Surely OAFC providing presumably personal details to Rochdale is a GDPR breach and not allowed ? 

I actually spoke to someone about this last week who was of the same opinion. They should be careful. 

31 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Surely OAFC providing presumably personal details to Rochdale is a GDPR breach and not allowed ? 

I actually spoke to someone about this last week who was of the same opinion. They should be careful. 

They were wrong.  There are circumstances in which data can be shared and  this is one of them.

• Like 1