Rochdale Scramble?

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

but posters claiming to having put more money into the club by not buying season tickets is.

Bob- you’re making that up. 

I am saying the complete opposite- we’re all equal. 

However you pay, however many you want or can attend, you, I or anybody else is no more entitled to tickets than the next person. 

But that isn’t happening. 

ST holders are saying- I’ve paid for my season ticket and that should entitle me to first dibs on away games. 

Why should it be a guarantee? 

ST have already had a great deal. 

The only thing the club could have done a bit better is given more notice of a high demand game. 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Of course it didn't say we would get 1st look in at away games, but custom and practice it was ever thus. If things have changed that's fine, but I would expect the club to let us know via their media channels that this is the case now. We criticised the last regime for lack of communication, it would be foolish for us to fall back into this trap. 

It has been common practice in the past to be fair, and yes- if that has changed then the club should have said so in the summer. 

But even if that is the new norm-  I still think ST are a great deal if you go to most of the games. 

I have the feeling the club just aren’t that interested in away support..no money in it so the entire commercial focus is on home matches.

There is little or no promotion or buzz around away games, no coaches (even when there are rail strikes happening like this weekend) and the tickets # is rarely updated.

The Rochdale situation is symptomatic of this approach with no thought given to the (surely obvious) potential outcome.

All in all it just doesn’t seem important which is a shame because 3 points are on offer just the same as home games!

Come on Darren, you and the team are doing a fantastic job on almost everything else!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Correct - I know this won't be popular in some quarters but here's what I posted in May :-

From a financial perspective (and IF cash-flow isn't seen as an absolute necessity in the "close season") then season tickets (and early bird offers particularly) are not actually very good business. To illustrate, let's take a stable "home" attendance every game of 6,000 fans and let's split the fanbase 30%, 20%, 25% and 25% across the various ages/price bands.

If all 6,000 fans had an early bird season ticket, then the equivalent matchday turnstile income from home attendance would be £38,031, which extrapolates to £874,713 per season.

If all 6,000 fans turned up and paid on the day, matchday turnstile income more than doubles to £77,100, which extrapolates to £1,773,300 per season. Even accepting higher overheads for handling some cash etc, it's a massive difference and would provide much more room for better wages/players etc.

So, all things being equal, there is a strong argument to be made that the best way to financially support your club is to attend every game and pay on the day. That's the most beneficial support of all in financial terms.

It's a difficult one, the Rochdale away, as everyone wants to go. I didn't buy a season ticket but will now (i.e. under new management) probably go to the majority of away games (including the distant ones). Should I be deprived of a Rochdale ticket behind a ST holder who rarely goes away but wants to do Rochdale? Simple fact is we need more tickets, there will be plenty of room at the ground, so Dale should sort it out.

What did surprise me was how little notice there was of the tickets going on sale. It was only thanks to my good mate Monty's post that I even realised they were on sale. A promise too - if I can't go for any reason I`ll give my 2 tickets away to a deserving person/s for nothing in return.

The cash flow from season tickets will be seen as a necessity. For 3 months we don't have any fixtures this is where season ticket sales becomes critcical to get clubs through the summer as during that time we have no matchday income but will still have a full squad to pay for aswell as all the other overheads.

Secondly and this has already been mentioned but you are making the assumption somewhat falsely that if we stopped season tickets every season ticket holder would switch to just being a pay on the dayer and will turn up every day without any fuss. this simply isn't correct attendances will fall and fans will drift away. Its better to incentivise people with season tickets at discounted prices and get them through the door it keeps the fans onside.

The season ticket holders are the most important fans period. They put the most money into the club.

As someone who helps run a sports club in his spare time getting them through the off season is hugely challenging I can tell you.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It has been common practice in the past to be fair, and yes- if that has changed then the club should have said so in the summer. 

But even if that is the new norm-  I still think ST are a great deal if you go to most of the games. 

Yes it is a great deal for those attending most games, I'm not one of those. Anyway I'm done to death with this now, it isn't an issue if you don't mind sitting in the home ends(again I'm quite happy to do this) and it is not normally a problem getting tickets to do this. Enjoy the Rochdale game I shall be keeping an ear on the score. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Yes it is a great deal for those attending most games, I'm not one of those. Anyway I'm done to death with this now, it isn't an issue if you don't mind sitting in the home ends(again I'm quite happy to do this) and it is not normally a problem getting tickets to do this. Enjoy the Rochdale game I shall be keeping an ear on the score. 

👍🏻

31 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I have the feeling the club just aren’t that interested in away support..no money in it so the entire commercial focus is on home matches.

There is little or no promotion or buzz around away games, no coaches (even when there are rail strikes happening like this weekend) and the tickets # is rarely updated.

The Rochdale situation is symptomatic of this approach with no thought given to the (surely obvious) potential outcome.

All in all it just doesn’t seem important which is a shame because 3 points are on offer just the same as home games!

Come on Darren, you and the team are doing a fantastic job on almost everything else!

I can see why away games are seen as less of a priority to "sell" effectively but In this instance, it wouldn't have taken alot of thought to have given season ticket holders priority for this game of say a week.

The clubs made a mistake here. Due to segregation issues and after the over the top scenes we saw at Chesterfield I doubt the plod will give us more tickets.

Edited by GlossopLatic

12 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Dale are already selling home tickets for the other 3 sides so presumably no chance of  any further tickets….unless they open up the last block of 450 or so next to Sandy Lane end

We’ll it does seem a little pointless to have segregation at one end of the stand and not the other!

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Bob- you’re making that up. 

I am saying the complete opposite- we’re all equal. 

However you pay, however many you want or can attend, you, I or anybody else is no more entitled to tickets than the next person. 

But that isn’t happening. 

ST holders are saying- I’ve paid for my season ticket and that should entitle me to first dibs on away games. 

Why should it be a guarantee? 

ST have already had a great deal. 

The only thing the club could have done a bit better is given more notice of a high demand game. 

Excellent post and should be the last word on the matter. Lock the thread and let’s move on.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No they aren’t. 

No they don’t. 

Of course they are….how would a struggling club get through the summer without any income at all. ST sales are absolutely essential for cash flow and survival.

Financially I don’t think there will be much difference between 4000 ST holders @ say avg £11 a game and 2500 POTD @ say avg £17 a game

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

So I've got a season ticket, I'm off to Wealdstone with the other 200 who have bought a ticket for Saturday but I can't go to Dale now because by the time I've finished work they've all gone, what a complete and utter fucking shambles given our end will be full of United, City, Frankfurt, Hibs daytrippers because a decision has been made to allow casual supporters to hoover up the tickets. They better be pushing for a further allocation given the monumental fucking cock up they've created.

agree with the sentiment and yes there'll be a neutral or two on the piss but its Latics bought all them mate l obvs dont know 3000 people but lno alot of non ST Latics hopin for two per ST so a mate could sort em, but then they anounced that word flew about, knobheads started threads and instead all it was was get ur mate who works in an office to do it!!!

our group normally provides a minimum of four people per match on a rotating basis but about 70% of us had arranged to have tickets by 10:01. all Latics 12 of us at least. and reports of similar from other groups.

its gona be an intimidating crowd, lets put it that way.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

The club have done so many good things since the Rothwells took over, doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise when they get it wrong. 

I'm not sure they have. Clear from just here not everyone agrees it's "wrong"

40 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

??? lol 

You really do have a strange fixation don't you? Give it a bloody rest please.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

A promise too - if I can't go for any reason I`ll give my 2 tickets away to a deserving person/s for nothing in return.

That last comment. Just weird. Attention seeking behaviour. Bet you film yourself giving chips to tramps and post it online

14 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Do agree season ticket holders should get 48 hours of priority. But it does make me laugh when this happens, how quick after they sell out people are to complain and talk about going in the home end. Can’t spare 60 seconds during the day to go onto the internet and buy a ticket, but can spare several hours on the internet to moan about not getting one on twitter or here. Moaning for moanings sake…. The only people I feel sorry for is those who don’t have internet which is probably less than 1% of Latics fans.

nobody has done that tho

14 hours ago, jsslatic said:

They put tickets on sale during the working day and they sold out in 4 hours. It's not simply a case of having access to the internet.

he got me too 🙄

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Moaning for moaning sake, fucking hell sorry mate I've been at work since 10am and unable to access the ticketing site, how the fuck was I supposed to buy one then, it's not like I've had a couple of days they literally went in 3 or 4 hours and effectively went in a free for all. By the time I logged on to buy they had gone.

he got me too 🙄

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Correct - I know this won't be popular in some quarters but here's what I posted in May :-

From a financial perspective (and IF cash-flow isn't seen as an absolute necessity in the "close season") then season tickets (and early bird offers particularly) are not actually very good business. To illustrate, let's take a stable "home" attendance every game of 6,000 fans and let's split the fanbase 30%, 20%, 25% and 25% across the various ages/price bands.

If all 6,000 fans had an early bird season ticket, then the equivalent matchday turnstile income from home attendance would be £38,031, which extrapolates to £874,713 per season.

If all 6,000 fans turned up and paid on the day, matchday turnstile income more than doubles to £77,100, which extrapolates to £1,773,300 per season. Even accepting higher overheads for handling some cash etc, it's a massive difference and would provide much more room for better wages/players etc.

So, all things being equal, there is a strong argument to be made that the best way to financially support your club is to attend every game and pay on the day. That's the most beneficial support of all in financial terms.

It's a difficult one, the Rochdale away, as everyone wants to go. I didn't buy a season ticket but will now (i.e. under new management) probably go to the majority of away games (including the distant ones). Should I be deprived of a Rochdale ticket behind a ST holder who rarely goes away but wants to do Rochdale? Simple fact is we need more tickets, there will be plenty of room at the ground, so Dale should sort it out.

What did surprise me was how little notice there was of the tickets going on sale. It was only thanks to my good mate Monty's post that I even realised they were on sale. A promise too - if I can't go for any reason I`ll give my 2 tickets away to a deserving person/s for nothing in return.

l made it to the end and saw that even tho you were goin 'look look l said this..'

was it a test to see if l actually do read everything !!! 

(l do 🙄)

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Love how we manage to get so highly outraged by something that matters so little in the grand scheme of things. Always good to see @wiseowl showing he's better than everyone else.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 cant help it can he fuckin brilliant read him in AlannPartrige's voice

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

That last comment. Just weird. Attention seeking behaviour. Bet you film yourself giving chips to tramps and post it online

Ah right - was just an honest offer if I fall ill or something, seeing as so many haven't got a ticket. I don't do anything online (other than this) so sorry to disappoint. As for weird, take a long, hard look in the mirror mcfluff. You're a poisonous individual.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

please explain how our away support doesnt already pick up points 

they could easy segregate half of either end that will be empty anyway with a line of coppers line of steward three seat(or 10t in the standing) gap line of steward line of coppers. but l cant see them doin it and would need to  be cost effective.

🗣biggest attention seeker online.

reputation is in tatters. imagine if we had downvoting😳

24 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Ah right - was just an honest offer if I fall ill or something, seeing as so many haven't got a ticket. I don't do anything online (other than this) so sorry to disappoint. As for weird, take a long, hard look in the mirror mcfluff. You're a poisonous individual.

Honest offer? Well if it happens, just do it. Why announce something that's so unlikely to happen unless it's for attention?

Spare will emerge. I would not fear.

I feel naturally, people saw the tickets going quickly, and bought more than they actually needed at the time. Maybe with the thought of inviting a friend, or reserving one for a friend who hadn’t messaged them.

When on earth was the last time we shifted 3,100 in 4 hours?

For example, I bought one for me and my dad without even asking him. He’s confirmed he wants to go, but I imagine there will be a strong amount of spares from people who’ve had tickets bought for them, who can’t make it.

I really would not panic, spares will emerge!