MATCH: AFC Fylde (A) 24/10/23

48 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lm starting to love the total randomness goin down atm!!!

surely its only small theres gota be a wall or a gate you can jib

Go through the main entrance, tell them you’re friends of the sponsor and help yourself to hospitality - just like someone did on Saturday.

• Like 2

Apparently the extra 140 sold out in 6 minutes, they've also cancelled plenty of tickets bought for the home ends as well, their website is about as clear as mud to be fair and it isn't clear what section Oldham fans should be buying them from, given they struggle to get a 1000 home fans through the door it is another inevitable shitshow, why dont they just give us the stand down the side as well given they'll have about 150 in it. These clubs mustn't need the money.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I just want to get in the play offs and stay in that position for a while. We have only been in the playoffs for a brief moment when beating D&R, still work to do yet. 

Definitely,  small steps before leaps. Lots of issues to iron out.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Can you get a beer behind the goal or is it another dry ground?

Bradley's Sports Bar at the ground normally serves away fans .If not Lane End pub 10 mins walk down Weeton Road.

The ground is in the middle of no where with one big atand

There’s a sports bar in the main stand of the ground. However it was designated for home supporters only when Chesterfield played there so a decent comparison for tomorrow.

there’s a couple of pubs and a chippy in Wesham village which is 15 min walk away. Might be the prudent place to park and drink first.

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There’s a sports bar in the main stand of the ground. However it was designated for home supporters only when Chesterfield played there so a decent comparison for tomorrow.

there’s a couple of pubs and a chippy in Wesham village which is 15 min walk away. Might be the prudent place to park and drink first.

Sounds like a plan

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I just want to get in the play offs and stay in that position for a while. We have only been in the playoffs for a brief moment when beating D&R, still work to do yet. 

Yeah, same- and it’s not a reaction to one game. I just think Unsy going, the unbeaten run, Mellon’s obvious credibility and when you look at the table I really feel that should be the target now, because it’s one home game and then Wembley. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, same- and it’s not a reaction to one game. I just think Unsy going, the unbeaten run, Mellon’s obvious credibility and when you look at the table I really feel that should be the target now, because it’s one home game and then Wembley. 

An away trip to some shithole in the playoffs could be tasty though.

15 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Go through the main entrance, tell them you’re friends of the sponsor and help yourself to hospitality - just like someone did on Saturday.

can u take this down pls some of us have got jobs to do!!

not that lve done one for a bit!!

some people have got jobs to do.

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Can you get a beer behind the goal or is it another dry ground?

do they need the money? they could easy allow it with the segregation and police theyre payin for? lettin us drink would get it back and then some (whatever you let us have we'll drink it guaranteed) but it may also make their job 1% easier. lm on halfway line in the main stand so l look forward to watching you and they'll have no idea lm an Oldham fan unless lm random chattin to somebody and l telll them. but if l do shes likely to be female and doesnt want to be there, ooh she will think l'm dangerous 🤣😳

Edited by Monty Burns
l mean harder and thems/theys but l cba

13 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Bradley's Sports Bar at the ground normally serves away fans .If not Lane End pub 10 mins walk down Weeton Road.

The ground is in the middle of no where with one big atand

It is.  On an A road.  Not equipped for big crowds.  Nothing but fields to the coast on one side, so might be an idea to wrap up.

There is a petrol station with a Greggs next to it though and a mini mart (scaled down supermarket, fits inside a petrol station.  Nice selection of sweets.  I don't want one.  Just making small talk.  Fancy a pint later?  No neither do I....)

• Like 7

Staying 10 mins down the road so I'm on the Stella before I set off in a taxi.

Not only am I getting to watch latics tonight, I'm also getting out of the kids disco, so it's most definitely a double win!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc