MATCH: Ebbsfleet United (H) 25/11/23

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

The win at Barnet means fuck all now.

If you don't possess the mentality to step up and sweep aside Ebbsfleet fckn United then we really are fucked. 

We're stuck at this level for a very, VERY long time. Permanent losers who can't play in front of a crowd.

It means 3 points. One game at a time. 

Your childish “if we can’t beat…” mantra is becoming really fucking boring. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

I'm sorry but they haven't won in 10. They just recently got pumped by Oxford Utd. 

We have a serious mentality issue.

Just now, kowenicki said:

He reckoned we were getting relegated a couple of weeks ago 😄

This is a poor result though. Has felt a bit like under Kewell this week, brilliant away performances then home defeats to poor teams

It is what it is. We can do well on the break, but can’t create enough chances when we are meant to be favourites. No killer ball. The quality of crossing is so bad at times. Even so, Willoughby put a couple of nice balls in a no one was there to meet them. 
We were on top at points, but we really do not have the quality to open a team up. 

We all got carried away last week, me included . I still think most of this lot aren’t earning their money and haven’t got a promotion push left in them. A large amount of money has been splashed on a bunch of mid table coasters. Keep telling myself be positive and Wednesday I thought we looked different but we aren’t. Please give Mellon some money to at least try and get a few in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ritchierich said:

Anyone talking about promotion with this squad is delusional 

This season is about MM figuring out who to keep for next season and who to get rid of (the majority hopefully)

What an absolute waste of time and money then.

Unsworth should have been removed from post no later than 30 minutes after the full-time whistle blew in Southend. 

You're right, though. The season is over and it's a damn shame.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

You’rechildish “if we can’t beat…” mantra is becoming really fucking boring. 

Our only two stinkers have come against sides near the bottom. We all want promotion- and that means consistency of performance in every game. Not some of the games. 

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

I just don't get how we can go from 2 excellent away performances to this dross, against a team of part timers, who conceded 6 at Alty, 5 at Eastleigh and who lost 4-0 at home last week to Oxford City

I think it’s because we aren’t good enough as a group. You look at individuals and think yep, solid signings and some are but there’s a good number who don’t have the mentality, backbone or brains to guide us up the table regardless of if they’ve done it yestayear . They show it week after week.