MATCH: Ebbsfleet United (H) 25/11/23

Poor.

Freeman just seems to lose his man or let someone dribble straight past him too often

Midfield non existent today

Looked tired

We seem to look alright when we are away or playing an OK team where they will attack us and we can keep a solid shape and counter 

But when we have to try and break teams down and move out of our shape we struggle

We need a solid RB desperately, and a creative CM who can stay healthy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

No point dwelling on it

This is arguably the most humiliating result in the club's history. Sweeping it under the rug isn't the way to go about this. 

MM and his team need to figure out why our team crumble so easily when under the slightest bit of pressure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

This is arguably the most humiliating result in the club's history. Sweeping it under the rug isn't the way to go about this. 

MM and his team need to figure out why our team crumble so easily when under the slightest bit of pressure.

I can't be bothered dissecting that

We beat 2nd in the league and then didn't look up for it at home

Maybe next time

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Third game in a week at home after two long away trips always a potential banana skin. If only I'd remembered that whilst submitting my predictor league selections...

This is a valid point. And Mellon has been working them hard to bring up their fitness. 

It’s a bad day. But no need for all the melodrama. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

I can't dig up the stats but I'm pretty sure it isn't. The manager does have to figure it out and he will need the time and resources to make the team ready to challenge. They are some way off just yet but he will get there.

It's a fucking hugely embarrassing result whichever way you dress it up.

Ebbsfleet havnt won a game since September, and they have come to BP and dicked us 4-1.

Possibly one of the worst results in our history which is saying something.

Mellon has 7 days to sort out and decipher what the fuck went wrong before Boreham Wood and Mickelover come to town.

I expect a tough week on the training ground and a couple of changes before next weekend...

7 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Cos of dickheads like you maybe.. the pressure of being booed if we concede an indirect free kick 

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I can't dig up the stats but I'm pretty sure it isn't. The manager does have to figure it out and he will need the time and resources to make the team ready to challenge. They are some way off just yet but he will get there.

4-1 loss at home to Ebbsfleet United....I'd love to hear of a worse result you can remember....

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Cos of dickheads like you maybe.. the pressure of being booed if we concede an indirect free kick 

We crumbled at Fylde and at Southend...so nothing to do with home fan pressure and booing.

Don't usually agree with GKing but I do today. Desperately disappointing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

It's a fucking hugely embarrassing result whichever way you dress it up.

Ebbsfleet havnt won a game since September, and they have come to BP and dicked us 4-1.

Possibly one of the worst results in our history which is saying something.

Mellon has 7 days to sort out and decipher what the fuck went wrong before Boreham Wood and Mickelover come to town.

I expect a tough week on the training ground and a couple of changes before next weekend...

Carbon copy of the fylde scenario After Rochdale. It’s getting boring the false dawns. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

4-1 loss at home to Ebbsfleet United....I'd love to hear of a worse result you can remember....

You and Captain Doom & Gloom spectacularly miss the point. Had we lost 4-1 at home to an Ebbsfleet when we were in L1 or higher, you just might have a point. In case you haven’t noticed, we are in the same league as Ebbsfleet and it’s for a reason. There are some unbelievably hysterical posts on here (even by OWTB standards) following what is of course a bad result. They scored 3 in the last 10 minutes, we were chasing the game. Shouldn’t happen, but it does. MM learns a bit more about his squad and we move on.

Solihull, 4th in the table, were  thrashed 6-1 at Altrincham today - are they suddenly a bad team/relegation candidates? Of course not - it’s the nature of this league. Any team can beat any other and the overall standard is haphazard. Let’s all calm down, get a grip, and trust MM.

Edited by Worcester Owl
Typo
  • Like 11

most embarrassing result , i remember  going to south shields away in the fa cup 1969 after away 0-0 draw lost 1-2 at home in replay , latics first ever loss to a non league club , that was embarrassing , went to both games !!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I suspect today proved what he already knew. I think he'll act now.

R.B C.M and some pruning required.Gonna be interesting next few weeks.

1 minute ago, diggleblue said:

I suspect today proved what he already knew. I think he'll act now.

R.B C.M and some pruning required.Gonna be interesting next few weeks.

Can't see anything happening until January, three different managers have highlighted the glaring issues and they've signed a backup goalkeeper between them.