MATCH: Ebbsfleet United (H) 25/11/23

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Never been able to get my head round NFL but I did once run a training programme that included a bloke who'd won two Superbowls and was in the Hall of Fame. Really nice guy, which was good as he could have killed me with a flick of his pinkie.

What's a pinkie ?  

Asking for a friend.  😉

42 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Never been able to get my head round NFL but I did once run a training programme that included a bloke who'd won two Superbowls and was in the Hall of Fame. Really nice guy, which was good as he could have killed me with a flick of his pinkie.

It's a game that affords you plenty of time to get shit faced five times over its duration. Which is the best thing about it.

I lived in Miami for a couple of years in the 90s. Dark days for the Dolphins, but the Marlins bought a World series.

I could queue for a beer for 10 mins, get back to my seat at the Joe Robbie and still not miss any of the action. Weird game.

54 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yeah, I have tried to get into it- but there’s too many breaks in play. 

3 hours ago, OAFC Blues said:

Didn't they say that the lads on loan with part time teams train with the main squad the rest of the time? 

Wouldn't bother. You'll get accused of "getting involved" when you point out something that's already been posted here and ignored multiple times and is widely known. 

Everyone else knows those on loan are training with the squad. Everyone apart from one person 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, I have tried to get into it- but there’s too many breaks in play. 

I’m a big fan of the sport but I do record games and fast forward through the breaks a lot!

It’s harder to watch a full game without it being a big drinking event. Superbowls are fun for this reason. 

16 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Frank's last game before he sets off on his boat. Be nice to send him off with a smile 

Drove past Alexandra Park this morning - saw him doing his last practice session on the boating lake - good luck, Frank 🚣‍♂️

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Drove past Alexandra Park this morning - saw him doing his last practice session on the boating lake - good luck, Frank 🚣‍♂️

Fucking hell, nothing like forward planning and suitable preparation……fancy practicing in the force 9 conditions of Alexandra Park boating lake in order to attack the calm of the Atlantic Ocean!!😂😂😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

It's a game that affords you plenty of time to get shit faced five times over its duration. Which is the best thing about it.

I lived in Miami for a couple of years in the 90s. Dark days for the Dolphins, but the Marlins bought a World series.

I could queue for a beer for 10 mins, get back to my seat at the Joe Robbie and still not miss any of the action. Weird game.

It would be a challenge on American light beer...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wouldn't bother. You'll get accused of "getting involved" when you point out something that's already been posted here and ignored multiple times and is widely known. 

Everyone else knows those on loan are training with the squad. Everyone apart from one person 

😂😂😂

Can’t believe it bothers you enough to bring it up again. 

As my daughter would sing- 

Let it go. . let it go.