MATCH: Ebbsfleet United (H) 25/11/23

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd be tempted to put Gardner and Norwood on the bench with Ward and Willoughby starting instead.  They would be a downgrade of course but I'm not convinced that the other two will survive Saturday's match without picking up an injury if they play more than 45 mins.

I'd go along those lines, the last time we played Gardner in 3 over a week he lasted 20 minutes in the next game and was out for 5 or 6 games. We need to manage him. 

29 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'd go along those lines, the last time we played Gardner in 3 over a week he lasted 20 minutes in the next game and was out for 5 or 6 games. We need to manage him. 

I would say there is no way Mellon is going to change the starting strike partnership, given his enthusing comments. I would like to see the change made once a victory is in the bag and hopefully that is by the half time whistle. Poleon is on nine goals, he's going to be a threat. Hopefully, we are soon going to see more Latics players in that table of top scorers.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This is a quicker turnaround than the Barnet game, less than 72 hours as opposed to 96+ hours. Green came in for Ward last night, wouldn't be surprised if it was Ward for Gardner on Saturday.

Cliche, but it's a marathon not a sprint.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I’m fully expecting another good performance tomorrow and if we do the result will take care of itself. 

It will be a totally different game than midweek, probably with Ebbsfleet sitting deep and hoping for a breakaway. Patience will be needed but I am confident of the right result although not as emphatic as against Barnet. I want to see Fondop's sprinting technique again! 

• Like 1

Awesomely long day of sport for me

Just watched the mighty Dolphins roll over the Jets with one of the greatest TDs i have ever witnessed from Holland.

Tonight it's preliminary AFLW final where the mighty Lions play the upstarts from Geelong at 7:30pm, then back in time for Citeh V Scousers at 10:30pm.

Then, the big one at BP at 1am.

No sleep till 3am, then up at 5:30 to feed the dog!

Phew. Can't wait for 1am!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Just watched the mighty Dolphins roll over the Jets with one of the greatest TDs i have ever witnessed from Holland.

Tonight it's preliminary AFLW final where the mighty Lions play the upstarts from Geelong at 7:30pm, then back in time for Citeh V Scousers at 10:30pm.

Go Cats!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Seems a strange time to be rowing the Atlantic as he’ll be away from his family at Christmas!

I know a few for whom that would be the reason to do it at this time of year.

The Talisker challenge race is around this time of year so presumably conditions are favourable- past the worst of the Caribbean hurricane season maybe but I'd worry about the short daylight?

10 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Never been able to get my head round NFL but I did once run a training programme that included a bloke who'd won two Superbowls and was in the Hall of Fame. Really nice guy, which was good as he could have killed me with a flick of his pinkie.