MATCH: Solihull Moors (A) 16/12/23

Wow 

5 Centrehalfs

1 Fullback

1 Nathan Sheron who can't find a forward pass.

Leaving Norwood, Lundstrum and the debutant Stones doing the job of a front 6.

Awful imbalance to the squad and bringing in a striker seems just plain stupid given our midfield deficiencies. 

If Unsworth named that 11 he'd get crucified.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wow 

5 Centrehalfs

1 Fullback

1 Nathan Sheron who can't find a forward pass.

Leaving Norwood, Lundstrum and the debutant Stones doing the job of a front 6.

Awful imbalance to the squad and bringing in a striker seems just plain stupid given our midfield deficiencies. 

If Unsworth named that 11 he'd get crucified.

I’ve just said the same fucking thing. I’m clinging onto this being Mellon’s way of showing the board what positions need reinforcing…

We must be going 3-5-2 with that with Sutton right wing back Hogan Raglan and Hobson at the back mcgahey and sheron in the middle with Lundstrum given licence to get forward. 

Not alot of creativity in that team it has to be said I'm not sure how we are going to muster too many chances.

I will happily take a point if offered right now.

Edited by GlossopLatic

It's got to be;

Hudson GK

Hobson RCB

Raglan CB

Hogan LCB

McGahey CDM

Sutton RWB

Sheron CM

Lundstrum CM

Kitching LWB

Norwood ST

Stones ST

You replace Sheron with another Lundstrum and it's not too bad but this could end up being painful to watch.

Other problem with this system is the majority of the subs and fringe players don't fit in to it so if someone gets injured everything you've worked on all week changes - again.

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

What are a mess we’re in again, no idea of our best eleven and a complete lack of balance 

We really messed up in the summer and this season really could be another write off

I’ve already come to terms with that unless MM works some magic in the next month.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Sutton though. God help us.

Not that I believe in the imaginary friend, but with Sutton playing, I needed help.

He's better on that right side than Hogan, not a high bar I know but it's probably a good indication of where we are at.

Still don't understand why Raglan hasn't been tried at RB and Sutton in a cack three with Hobson central and Hogan left, that would offer us much better balance.

* cack is obviously a typo but I've left it in as it is probably accurate 😂

Edited by yarddog73

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

What are a mess we’re in again, no idea of our best eleven and a complete lack of balance 

We really messed up in the summer and this season really could be another write off

The squad has a total imbalance to it, Unsworth and Thompson have to shoulder most of the blame. We need to see out this season and hopefully Mellon(who I have confidence in) sort out the playing squad.