MATCH: Hendon (H) 13/01/24

2 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Sorry but that's a bit silly. We want to get out of this shit league, and we haven't got many good players. We need them. 

They could get injured in training, or handling a jar of salad cream, or cleaning a fish tank, should they not do any of those things either?

1 minute ago, 100milesaway said:

Mmmmm, me thinks the team today wasn't good enough to win that game.  And they proved it.

The vast majority of that starting line up have spent most of their careers making a living atleast 2 levels above where Hendon are now it wasn't an ability issue it was an attitude problem today they thought they could roll up and steamroller Hendon they got a rude awakening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The vast majority of that starting line up have spent most of their careers making a living atleast 2 levels above where Hendon are now it wasn't an ability issue it was an attitude problem today they thought they could roll up and steamroller Hendon they got a rude awakening.

I disagree. Most of the players that we are all talking about, are simply not good enough at actually playing football, despite any attitude problems they may have.

35 minutes ago, daniel said:

Agree that 352 is the best suited to the squad but you can’t play that formation without Kitching, who he clearly wanted to rest. Not 1 other player in the squad is capable of playing LWB. 

I kind of agree, Dickenson has played there in the past although I wouldn't be too keen on him playing there now.

The only other alternative is Couto, who I wouldn't mind as back up.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

One of the worst sporting clichés of all this.

Not the result we wanted.

I bet the lads are as sick as parrots to lose in the greatest cup competition in the world. You couldn't write a script like this. It's a game of two halves and at the end of the day the team that scores the least goals loses. We go again on Tuesday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Errrrr.. 

I’ve finally forced myself to watch that. What Norman thought he was doing with that header, I can’t begin to guess. It was so soft he should surely have caught it. If not, instead of parrying it forward why couldn’t he at least knock it sideways or even up in the air/over the bar. Rank incompetence. I know keepers get the rap because their mistakes are often fatal, but that one is indefensible.

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I’ve finally forced myself to watch that. What Norman thought he was doing with that header, I can’t begin to guess. It was so soft he should surely have caught it. If not, instead of parrying it forward why couldn’t he at least knock it sideways or even up in the air/over the bar. Rank incompetence. I know keepers get the rap because their mistakes are often fatal, but that one is indefensible.

Surprised Norman's not been shipped before now, too many errors, would have got through with Hudson

Post match - summing up MM comments:

“Disappointed, WE apologise, fringe players did not step up, the league is most important focus, we conceded from a set-piece once more  - we go again Tuesday, yadda yadda yadda”
😜

Just now, TheBigDog said:

“Disappointed, WE apologise, fringe players did not step up, the league is most important focus, we conceded from a set-piece once more  - we go again Tuesday, yadda yadda yadda”
😜

Complacent about this competition, if that's from the manager no wonder it seeped through to the team.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The owners have got every right to be absolutely furious, nobody involved has earned the right not to take every game seriously, especially given we are supposedly trying to build a winning culture.

What you done with Eyrsey? 

That’s a really fair and balanced point. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They could get injured in training, or handling a jar of salad cream, or cleaning a fish tank, should they not do any of those things either?

Risk of injury handling a jar of salad cream - almost nil. 

Risk of injury playing 90 minutes of professional football on heavy pitches multiple times per week - not almost nil. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

😜

Yes fuck the day out at Wembley for the fans, if we can't put away that shite team of part timers don't fucking insult us in to thinking Tuesdays going to be any better, just like the players the managers seemingly happy to roll over and have his belly tickled, how cute. It's really riled me that he did fuck all at half time today and they came out and actually played even worse, what the fuck has he said to them?.

He dragged Lundstrum off last week and he throws in another desperate performance today, he rewards failure, McGahey is another example, him being a decent footballer is the biggest myth at the club, he doesn't even look like one and he's stealing a living in there, there's a reason he was due to sign for Warrington and that's because he's nothing more than a non league clogger, should never play in the centre of that defence again given we have about six better on the books. Why would you start him over Hobson who isn't exactly burnt out, fucking stupidity. 

• Like 1

Very poor. That should be the final Oldham performance for some of that lot, notably Norman, Willoughby and McGahey. I did think Hendon did a proper job today - made themselves hard to break down and got at us a few times. 

Mellon gave some players enough rope to run with today, and they chose the opposite. A discussion needs to be had about the ineffective Lundstram, he's been nowhere near good enough.

Can't imagine Mellon allowing something like this happening again...

8 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Risk of injury handling a jar of salad cream - almost nil. 

Risk of injury playing 90 minutes of professional football on heavy pitches multiple times per week - not almost nil. 

Tell that to Dave Beasant.

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Very poor. That should be the final Oldham performance for some of that lot, notably Norman, Willoughby and McGahey. I did think Hendon did a proper job today - made themselves hard to break down and got at us a few times. 

Mellon gave some players enough rope to run with today, and they chose the opposite. A discussion needs to be had about the ineffective Lundstram, he's been nowhere near good enough.

Can't imagine Mellon allowing something like this happening again...

It often happens at home no matter who we play, got to be the way MM sets the team up.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes fuck the day out at Wembley for the fans, if we can't put away that shite team of part timers don't fucking insult us in to thinking Tuesdays going to be any better, just like the players the managers seemingly happy to roll over and have his belly tickled, how cute. It's really riled me that he did fuck all at half time today and they came out and actually played even worse, what the fuck has he said to them?.

He dragged Lundstrum off last week and he throws in another desperate performance today, he rewards failure, McGahey is another example, him being a decent footballer is the biggest myth at the club, he doesn't even look like one and he's stealing a living in there, there's a reason he was due to sign for Warrington and that's because he's nothing more than a non league clogger, should never play in the centre of that defence again given we have about six better on the books. Why would you start him over Hobson who isn't exactly burnt out, fucking stupidity. 

I was told today Lundstram is struggling with knee injury, in which case if anyone needed resting it was him.

• Like 2