MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 16/01/24 - OFF

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

How's the weather looking this morning lads?

-1 currently, grass near me in Waterhead in the shade is solid, and fine in the sun. Reckon it’ll be off as due to go -4 overnight, and snow most of the day from 06:00 tomorrow. 

45 minutes ago, daniel said:

-1 currently, grass near me in Waterhead in the shade is solid, and fine in the sun. Reckon it’ll be off as due to go -4 overnight, and snow most of the day from 06:00 tomorrow. 

-3 forecast overnight near the ground.

4 minutes ago, flashlatic said:

Surely best to just call it off early and rearrange it for Saturday 10 Feb as we are both out of the Trophy and our game against Bromley that day is off as they are still in it..

We can't really call a game off without giving it a chance to be played but agree it should not be a last minute decision.

They are not going to have Boreham Wood travel up again on the off chance it may go ahead, been in Oldham this morning and the grounds solid and showing -2°c in the car, it's due to drop another couple of degrees overnight. Be staggered if it's not called off early.

57 minutes ago, flashlatic said:

Surely best to just call it off early and rearrange it for Saturday 10 Feb as we are both out of the Trophy and our game against Bromley that day is off as they are still in it..

Borehamwood play Maidenhead that day who are also out, so wouldn’t be possible. 

57 minutes ago, flashlatic said:

Borehamwood play Maidenhead that day who are also out, so wouldn’t be possible. 

• Like 1

By my reckoning since we came down we've had games against BW moved five times.

The away game last season was postponed because of the Queen,  and then moved because BW complained about fixture congestion. 

This game was frozen off, moved because BW were whinging about fixture congestion again, and then frozen off again.

Must be very frustrating for both their fans.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Although anyone with a functioning brain cell knew there was a very strong probability it would be off...

Strong possibility - not certainty.

FWIW I thought we could have gone slightly stronger on Saturday but who knows what niggles some players are carrying ?

1 hour ago, petera1 said:

Makes "resting" players on Saturday all the more frustrating 😕

Saturday achieved one thing - it showed MM (what he probably already knew tbf) that his fringe players are not up to it.

Rather we get confirmation early so we can attempt to bring in better than leave it any longer.

14 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm not sure when we started expecting managers to be meteorologists. I'll add it to the list of bizarre things I've seen Oldham managers criticised for

It isn't 1987, forecasters are generally on the ball with such matters these days...

29 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm not sure when we started expecting managers to be meteorologists. I'll add it to the list of bizarre things I've seen Oldham managers criticised for

Ludicrous isn't it? I'm putting it down to a slow news day.

MM played most of the fringe players to see if even they were good enough to beat a team two divisions below.

Even if we didn't have a Tuesday fixture I think he would have still played most of them.

All the top teams do this in the League Cup and League One and Two do it in the Pizza Cup (I can't remember it's name).

The only reason it stands out more this year is because we have a lot more player to choose from who are supposed to be challenging for the first team.