Kidderminster

Latics have done low price offers before in seasons past and so it is nothing new but this one lands perfectly with Frank returning.

Regarding someone's query about season ticket holders. You have already bought your ticket in advance with your season ticket so you are fine.

I think the Chaddy End is going to get a lot of people in there so it's going to be great having our fans in all four parts of the ground.

Also , why are some people squabbling over this??!!!

Three options:

Buy a £1 ticket

Buy a £1 ticket and donate.

Don't bother at all and stay at home, it's your choice.

No fourth moaning about it option.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Latics have done low price offers before in seasons past and so it is nothing new but this one lands perfectly with Frank returning.

Regarding someone's query about season ticket holders. You have already bought your ticket in advance with your season ticket so you are fine.

I think the Chaddy End is going to get a lot of people in there so it's going to be great having our fans in all four parts of the ground.

Also , why are some people squabbling over this??!!!

Three options:

Buy a £1 ticket

Buy a £1 ticket and donate.

Don't bother at all and stay at home, it's your choice.

No fourth moaning about it option.

Hear hear. It's a great opportunity for the people of Oldham to get together and celebrate the homecoming of the remarkable man that saved our football club and will have done something for the second time that very few of us could ever consider. I think it's quite a smart way of encouraging people to donate what they might have paid for a ticket to the charity that is clearly very dear to the Rothwell family's heart, many other people too.

And given the message from Luke Rothwell that it's been much tougher this time, both in terms of the voyage and the fundraising, it's a way for Oldham supporters to get behind Frank and show him our support. 

For me it's a time to park the gripes and look forward to celebrating Frank's homecoming and hopefully enjoy a full house at BP for the first time in many a year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm assuming the CRE will be opened if the rest of the ground sells out.  Barring the corners there aren't that many left

Yes it says you can buy them for there. Basically everywhere apart from where the away fans are put in the paddock.

20 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes it says you can buy them for there. Basically everywhere apart from where the away fans are put in the paddock.

I don’t think you can buy in there now, they have all been greyed out as far as I can see. They were definitely available to purchase in there yesterday, and I find it hard to believe we’ve sold them all as nowhere else is sold out etc. Maybe we’ll have to give the stand to Kidderminster as they have nearly sold out the paddock. 

13 minutes ago, daniel said:

I don’t think you can buy in there now, they have all been greyed out as far as I can see. They were definitely available to purchase in there yesterday, and I find it hard to believe we’ve sold them all as nowhere else is sold out etc. Maybe we’ll have to give the stand to Kidderminster as they have nearly sold out the paddock

Just had a quick look, and there were 17 away tickets left!

Went to Chaddy on Saturday and supported via the donation on the door, have just done the same again via the Latics website, lets hope people really get behind this.

I think to get more money in the checkout section could do with a pop up as I nearly missed the box to enter the donation in 🙄 - might just be me not paying attention!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, daniel said:

I don’t think you can buy in there now, they have all been greyed out as far as I can see. They were definitely available to purchase in there yesterday, and I find it hard to believe we’ve sold them all as nowhere else is sold out etc. Maybe we’ll have to give the stand to Kidderminster as they have nearly sold out the paddock. 

Oh right, I gave you old news , sorry.

I had a feeling Kidderminster would want to bring more than the usual 20 away fans, even before this offer was announced.

Although I am not sure they would sell as many as we will in the Chaddy so not quite sure why we would accommodate them as other clubs have restricted us in the past.

Then again we are a nice club so it's not a grumble. Let's just pack the other 3 stands then.

Although Kidderminster have almost sold out I think they would struggle to sell more than another couple of hundred whereas we could probably sell another thousand or two. Perhaps we could just give them the wing section of the Chaddy if the demand is there?

20 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Capacity is around 14,000 isn't it mate? 9/10k would be very poor for a £1

Problem is people will buy and not turn up. Many will leave it last minute and miss out 

1 hour ago, oafcmb said:

Problem is people will buy and not turn up. Many will leave it last minute and miss out 

I think this was the issue a few years ago (I think under Corney). Wasnt there a game with free admission but you had to get a ticket in advance?

Im certain there was a sellout but then on the night only 10k-11k turned up as a lot over ordered tickets. As a result there was hundreds outside (who turned up not realising you had to have a ticket) not able to get in.

That may well be incorrect but no doubt someone here will be happy to correct me.

Appreciate the circumstances are slightly different here. Something different from the club, a little damned if they do and damned if they dont, hopefully all get in who want to and as a result support a very worthy cause.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

You can buy tickets for CRE now on our site but just in the middle lower sections.

2 hours ago, Boroblue said:

I have just accessed the ticket sales from the link on the Kidderminster website. The only tickets now being offered for visitors are for the Chaddy End Turnstiles 3-8

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/tickets/oldham-athletic-away/?ftredirect=1

I wanted to buy in the Chaddy yesterday but only 2 sections of it were available to home fans at that time (the rest were greyed out), right over near the Joe Royle Stand, so I opted for the Main Stand. It now looks like both home and away supporters will be housed in the Chaddy. That I do find odd.