Kidderminster

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Over 2000 seats is a bit much to be short of. There was uproar when the Lemsagam brothers had us at reduced capacity...

It's hardly comparable is it.  Did they do any maintenance of any sort?

I've just bought the last two tickets in the Main Stand. Me and my daughter decided over the weekend that if Frank can row the Atlantic the least we can do is drive up the M1 to welcome him home.

A remarkable man, when you look around the wacky world of football ownership we have been truly blessed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Over 2000 seats is a bit much to be short of. There was uproar when the Lemsagam brothers had us at reduced capacity...

Apparently Kidderminster have been given some seats in the chaddy, assuming that's the bottom right block closest to the new away end, that means the next block in, and the block behind it can't be used for Latics fans, so that's a large chunk of the unused capacity straight away

Remember the chaddy wasn't designed or built to be a split stand, so might need to block off more of it to satisfy police/safety requirements

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, St92 said:

Apparently Kidderminster have been given some seats in the chaddy, assuming that's the bottom right block closest to the new away end (Lower1), that means the next block in, and the block behind it can't be used for Latics fans, so that's a large chunk of the unused capacity straight away

Remember the chaddy wasn't designed or built to be a split stand, so might need to block off more of it to satisfy police/safety requirements

Home supporters can buy tickets for the block (Lower 2) next to the Kidderminster supporters (Lower 1), but not the block behind them (Upper1)!

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Home supporters can buy tickets for the block (Lower 2) next to the Kidderminster supporters (Lower 1), but not the block behind them (Upper1)!

The blocks are displayed on the website as 2 large ones flanking 1 smaller one when in reality its 5 blocks so probably going to see a segregation on the first "A". That would be my best guess anyway. 

I dont know the rules on it and the best I can find is based on "consultation with police" but given there was about 20 seats and a stand separating us from the Dale fans this season id guess thats what GMP have advised. You know, because were obviously bitter rivals with Kidderminster and that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

The blocks are displayed on the website as 2 large ones flanking 1 smaller one when in reality its 5 blocks so probably going to see a segregation on the first "A". That would be my best guess anyway. 

I dont know the rules on it and the best I can find is based on "consultation with police" but given there was about 20 seats and a stand separating us from the Dale fans this season id guess thats what GMP have advised. You know, because were obviously bitter rivals with Kidderminster and that

It is prudent to keep a bit of distance between supporters, bitter rivals or not we still have some weapons following our club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

It is prudent to keep a bit of distance between supporters, bitter rivals or not we still have some weapons following our club. 

Completely agree, but each section at the bottom of the Chaddy is about 30 seats wide. I'd have thought 15 would suffice.

All speculation on my part of course.

With hindsight they'd have probably been best giving Kidderminster the small section of the RRE for this one game rather than being across two stands. I also hope that the nob heads who've spoilt it at home and away at times in recent months remember what the occasion is. It will be nice to see a decent crowd in BP for sure.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

With hindsight they'd have probably been best giving Kidderminster the small section of the RRE for this one game rather than being across two stands. I also hope that the nob heads who've spoilt it at home and away at times in recent months remember what the occasion is. It will be nice to see a decent crowd in BP for sure.

I'd say that by pre-Frank standards we've seen a decent crowd in every game for the past 18 months. Let's not forget where we were.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I totally agree and I think the uptake especially from the Kidderminster fans has surprised them and as I have said before us being a nice club we have tried to accommodate them as well.

Hopefully the club will learn from it for any future deals like this.

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

dont understand why we have given them extra and reduced ourselves. seems darft to make a big flat fanfare about re opening the chaddy only then decide against filling it??

maybe there is a league rule about it or sumat.

I think we have to give a % of our capacity to the away club, unless of course the away club do not need it. I have 5% in my head. I think the mistake the club have made is that they thought Kidderminster wouldn’t need anything other than the small section of the Main Stand, which 100% would have been the case had it not been for cheap tickets. I think they took 180 to Rochdale for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

dont understand why we have given them extra and reduced ourselves. seems darft to make a big flat fanfare about re opening the chaddy only then decide against filling it??

maybe there is a league rule about it or sumat.

Safety reasons apparently, as its a one off I don't suppose the club will do any repairs.

Having said that Chesterfield will fill it so there's a need to get these issues sorted asap once and for all.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Struggle for any refreshments and a piss in the JRS on a regular game day. I hope they have some ideas to help with this. 

TBF, there’s a similar problem at most away grounds I’ve been to because the stands we are given are invariably quite full and there isn’t much you can do about it.

Perhaps a couple of club owned mobile food outlets outside could help.

I agree the design of the toilets could have been better!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

TBF, there’s a similar problem at most away grounds I’ve been to because the stands we are given are invariably quite full and there isn’t much you can do about it.

Perhaps a couple of club owned mobile food outlets outside could help.

I agree the design of the toilets could have been better!

Even if it’s a few food vans and temporary bathrooms for this game.

I trust the board will sort this. 

10 hours ago, daniel said:

I think we have to give a % of our capacity to the away club, unless of course the away club do not need it. I have 5% in my head. I think the mistake the club have made is that they thought Kidderminster wouldn’t need anything other than the small section of the Main Stand, which 100% would have been the case had it not been for cheap tickets. I think they took 180 to Rochdale for example. 

yeah l thought that might be it but l wasnt sure if that was EFL

16 hours ago, daniel said:

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah l thought that might be it but l wasnt sure if that was EFL

It's 15% if the away club ask for it. So Dale and Chesterfield, without the cheap tickets.

It's why Chesterfield had to move their fans for us earlier in the season and claimed it was late notice.