Kidderminster

4 hours ago, Oafc88 said:

I think this was the issue a few years ago (I think under Corney). Wasnt there a game with free admission but you had to get a ticket in advance?

Im certain there was a sellout but then on the night only 10k-11k turned up as a lot over ordered tickets. As a result there was hundreds outside (who turned up not realising you had to have a ticket) not able to get in.

That may well be incorrect but no doubt someone here will be happy to correct me.

Appreciate the circumstances are slightly different here. Something different from the club, a little damned if they do and damned if they dont, hopefully all get in who want to and as a result support a very worthy cause.

Celebration sunday when we thumped Grimsby was free entry with NO tickets resulted in utter chaos iirc season ticket holders locked out as ground full way before kick off think someone has learned from that one 

• Like 1

Lot of negativity on here about the attendance. Looking at what is left there’s not much.

North stand nearly sold out apart from a few seats at the sides.

Rochdale Rochdale end looking good - just JF1 and the family stand. 

Main stand looks good with the away end sold out. They’ve got some of the chaddy so should see decent numbers. 

There’s still 17 days before the game.

club need to do a lot better in advertising though. Ram it down everyone’s throat 

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Lot of negativity on here about the attendance. Looking at what is left there’s not much.

Main stand looks good with the away end sold out. They’ve got some of the chaddy so should see decent numbers. 

club need to do a lot better in advertising though. Ram it down everyone’s throat 

It doesn't matter what's greyed out it's whether they turn up.

59 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It doesn't matter what's greyed out it's whether they turn up.

I’m sure they’ll be a few who buy tickets and don’t show, but surely there won’t be too many who do that. Why would you go out of your way to buy a ticket with no intention of going? If it was just to donate then surely it’d be just as easy to go to the go fund me page to do that. 

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I understand rhe attendance will be shown as how many £1 tickets and season tickets have been sold, not how many turn up.

31 minutes ago, daniel said:

I’m sure they’ll be a few who buy tickets and don’t show, but surely there won’t be too many who do that. Why would you go out of your way to buy a ticket with no intention of going? If it was just to donate then surely it’d be just as easy to go to the go fund me page to do that. 

Don't you pay a premium if you donate via "Go Fund Me"?

I've given a couple of months ago and sure I had to pay a couple of quid over the intended donation.

I think the way they have done it keeps it nice and simple from an accounting point of view. If we sell out, say 14,000 tickets, that equates to £14,000. If however, the money paid across via ticket sales and donations is, for example, £150,000 then even someone like me with CSE maths can figure out it's £136,00 straight to Frank's chosen charity. 

3 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I think the way they have done it keeps it nice and simple from an accounting point of view. If we sell out, say 14,000 tickets, that equates to £14,000. If however, the money paid across via ticket sales and donations is, for example, £150,000 then even someone like me with CSE maths can figure out it's £136,00 straight to Frank's chosen charity. 

All gate receipts are being donated by the club.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

You would need to deduct the season ticket holders from that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

You would need to deduct the season ticket holders from that 

I think they had been. They did say 14,000 tickets sold , so assume just meaning the £1 ones, but it was just a general figure to create an example to show how much could potentially be donated.

No exact figures involved.

18 hours ago, spanishfly said:

I wanted to buy in the Chaddy yesterday but only 2 sections of it were available to home fans at that time (the rest were greyed out), right over near the Joe Royle Stand, so I opted for the Main Stand. It now looks like both home and away supporters will be housed in the Chaddy. That I do find odd.

Kidderminster sold there initial allocation of just under 400 tickets in 24 hours. They've now been given 300 tickets in the Chaddy End - I presume that's in just one section.

They probably didn't expect to sell as many away tickets. For example Kidderminster only took 183 supporters to Rochdale last month, and 181 supporters to York in August. It might only be £1 a ticket, but it'll cost them another £30 if they get here on the official coaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

Latics sold 3642 season tickets by the end of the early bird offer.

The lad in the ticket office told me ST sales were just short of 4000. Don’t know how many half season tickets have been snapped up, but I shouldn’t imagine too many.

Looking at the ground plan the main stand & North Stand seats are practically gone so that’s about 5000. The JF stand looks to be 2/3 full so that’s roughly another 3000 so I would say nearer 8k at the moment.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I understand rhe attendance will be shown as how many £1 tickets and season tickets have been sold, not how many turn up.

I dont think anyone should buy a ticket if they are not planning on going. The whole point is to get fans in the stadium to welcome back Frank. Attendance can be announced as anything but would rather see the fans in the stadium cheering him and the team

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

A shame there's no option to claim gift aid

My understanding is You can't claim gift aid if it's a sale of a ticket even if the proceeds go to the charity as you are basically paying for a service i.e. a football match.

But anything that is donated directly can be reclaimed via gift aid.