MATCH: York City (A) 20/02/24

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I wouldn't have changed a winning team, Kitching for Sachdev- yes, but dropping Green is harsh given how productive he was on Saturday. Why change it???

Dropping Green to the bench is slightly perplexing but maybe 

MM is not confident enough in his team to play two out and out wide attackers?

Kitching had to come back in and will push forward on the left and Sutton will get forward on the right but is obviously preferred over Green because of his defensive qualities.

• Like 1

I’m not a fan of the idea of not changing a team just because it won the last game. If it can be improved or if a different set up gives us a better chance against the next opponent then shouldn’t be afraid to change. 

Hogan is not a left back. He did well on Saturday but a better team would have made more of it. Kitching brings balance to the left side. 

So it’s a toss up between Green and Sutton. Maybe he’s gone for Sutton to be a bit more defensively solid? Personally I’d have preferred to see Green start at rwb but Sutton did well at rb on Saturday. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’m not a fan of the idea of not changing a team just because it won the last game. If it can be improved or if a different set up gives us a better chance against the next opponent then shouldn’t be afraid to change. 

Hogan is not a left back. He did well on Saturday but a better team would have made more of it. Kitching brings balance to the left side. 

So it’s a toss up between Green and Sutton. Maybe he’s gone for Sutton to be a bit more defensively solid? Personally I’d have preferred to see Green start at rwb but Sutton did well at rb on Saturday. 

Agreed NZ. 

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Agree with all except I would do the same as 5pm. I’d rather the prospect of Green coming off the bench rather than Sutton if things need changing. It gives us a better chance to stay solid at the back. So I think he has this one spot on. 

• Like 2

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Agree with all except I would do the same as 5pm. I’d rather the prospect of Green coming off the bench rather than Sutton if things need changing. It gives us a better chance to stay solid at the back. So I think he has this one spot on. 

And to add to this, Green can consider himself  very unlucky. You’ve got to be cutthroat at times in pro football though. 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Frustrating that after a solid 4-4-2 set up on Saturday where we controlled the game from midfield we have immediately gone back to this awful 3-5-2 

Back to hoofball.

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Frustrating that after a solid 4-4-2 set up on Saturday where we controlled the game from midfield we have immediately gone back to this awful 3-5-2 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Back to hoofball.

Jesus. Horses for courses. Let's see how it goes...

• Like 1

We’ve not got going  - no control in midfield - the ball has been in the air a lot and not much football being played so far 😮

Too many niggling fouls and no real chances for either side either.

Edited by TheBigDog

The set up is the problem again, we looked great at 4-4-2 so why feckin change it back to this crap? Hammond and Conlon are mostly bypassed or feeding off scraps. I don’t get it but obviously MM is the expert so he must be right. It’s just very, very hard to watch again and we are making York look like the play off candidates not us.

• Like 1