MATCH: Kidderminster Harriers (H) 24/02/24 - Frank's Homecoming

49 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

And Hammond who was the only player who had the ball under control.

Also substituted.

Too easily knocked off the ball, not the midfielder we needed.

Edited by BP1960

32 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

An absolute disgrace from start to finish. Micky Mellon should hang his head in shame. Tactically done by a dinosaur like Phil brown. 

we got pressed and we crumbled. Midfield again does not want to know. 

We dinosaurs should never be underrated.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Again adding to your track record of being proven wrong.  What "big calls" have you gotten right?  

He’s here to shitpost and wind people up. Nothing more. Days like today are perfect for that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

How many games have we won and fully deserved it? 

Barnet away.

Hartlepool away. 
Woking away. 

That’s the only games I’ve thought we played well and won. 

The other wins have been scrappy/hard fought. 

As Bosh points out, there are at least 8 horror shows under Mellon. (Several against bottom four sides) 

I’ll always maintain winning is everything. But the more I watch us under Mellon it’s the same as Unsworth. 

As in - Mellonball/Rhinoball you have to win otherwise there is zero to get behind. Literally nothing. 

Spot on. 

When we win it tends to feel lucky/scrappy. When we lose it’s usually an all time bad performance and some how gets worse a week later.

The first thought when a player gets the ball is to either go long aimlessly or take the easy pass back, to which the opposition then press and we end up hoofing it anyway. Rinse and repeat. 

Our movement off the ball is the worst I’ve ever seen from a side.

We don’t press the opposition. We do a half arsed jog at them and it’s always 1 to 1, not as a collective or in packs. 

Unsworths football was a disgrace but I’d argue Woking, Ebbsfleet, Dorking away and todays performance are as bad as anything he served up if not worse

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The players are just following instructions, I don't blame them for feeling miffed when they get the stick and those on the touchline don't...

Why would they criticise a man with 5 promotions? Put your signed picture of David Dunn away (pull your pants up) and thank your lucky stars a man of his incredible pedigree is here. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Why would they criticise a man with 5 promotions? Put your signed picture of David Dunn away (pull your pants up) and thank your lucky stars a man of his incredible pedigree is here. 

I was more of a Richie Wellens man to be honest, still am if truth be told.

2 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Spot on. 

When we win it tends to feel lucky/scrappy. When we lose it’s usually an all time bad performance and some how gets worse a week later.

The first thought when a player gets the ball is to either go long aimlessly or take the easy pass back, to which the opposition then press and we end up hoofing it anyway. Rinse and repeat. 

Our movement off the ball is the worst I’ve ever seen from a side.

We don’t press the opposition. We do a half arsed jog at them and it’s always 1 to 1, not as a collective or in packs. 

Unsworths football was a disgrace but I’d argue Woking, Ebbsfleet, Dorking away and todays performance are as bad as anything he served up if not worse

Yep, agreed mate. 

Having said that though- I fancy us to win on Tuesday, and we’ll still be in touch. 

So for all the woeful performances, overall he does manage to keep us ticking along. (Albeit with scrappy wins) 

Not read thread and am probably repeating points, but going to vent them anyway. 

Wow.

That felt fairly definitive today about our chances of going up with this squad. A few decent results, but there's always an abomination like today in the pipeline. 

There's a couple there that I would pay-off tomorrow. 

Lundstram - I just don't see anything about him that earned him rave reviews at Alty. Done nothing since he's been here. 

Kitching - He used to get up and down the wing when he was full- back. Further forward, he doesn't even want the ball..

I've defended Sheron but goal aside he messed up everything he had to do today. 

I also don't know what game Mellon was watching. No subs at half-time then takes Fondop off who was actually trying to make things happen (I assume this was because he got booked) and also Hammond who was our best midfielder! Sheron, Conon or Lundstram should've gone before him!

Anyway, we won't be getting near 12k again for a while... even for £1. Absolute shithouses. They haven't got the balls for promotion. They should be embarrassed to look in Frank's direction tonight...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I was more of a Richie Wellens man to be honest, still am if truth be told.

Ah. . . 

The classic eyrsey amnesia when another embarrassing big call gets highlighted. 

Here’s another. (My all time fave) 

In league one with a shit squad and struggling to stay up, around the time Leicester won the premier league. .

‘Vardy and Morgan in our side would mean automatic promotion.’ 

😂😂😂 

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Not read thread and am probably repeating points, but going to vent them anyway. 

Wow.

That felt fairly definitive today about our chances of going up with this squad. A few decent results, but there's always an abomination like today in the pipeline. 

There's a couple there that I would pay-off tomorrow. 

Lundstram - I just don't see anything about him that earned him rave reviews at Alty. Done nothing since he's been here. 

Kitching - He used to get up and down the wing when he was full- back. Further forward, he doesn't even want the ball..

I've defended Sheron but goal aside he messed up everything he had to do today. 

I also don't know what game Mellon was watching. No subs at half-time then takes Fondop off who was actually trying to make things happen (I assume this was because he got booked) and also Hammond who was our best midfielder! Sheron, Conon or Lundstram should've gone before him!

Anyway, we won't be getting near 12k again for a while... even for £1. Absolute shithouses. They haven't got the balls for promotion. They should be embarrassed to look in Frank's direction tonight...

Agreed Joe. 

Just can’t keep defending absolute no shows. It’s really really woeful. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ah. . . 

The classic eyrsey amnesia when another embarrassing big call gets highlighted. 

Here’s another. (My all time fave) 

In league one with a shit squad and struggling to stay up, around the time Leicester won the premier league. .

‘Vardy and Morgan in our side would mean automatic promotion.’ 

😂😂😂 

You'll have to dig out the David Dunn one for me, should be easy enough given you mention it every day...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Mellon refusing to take questions from the assembled press, tut tut.

If this is true, thats poor form, today's display certainly could do with an explanation.

Edited by deckyd

The bizarre thing about this league is that everyone else from 2nd to 9th (our current play off rivals) look just as capable of shocking results. So I still see us as having as good a chance as any of those clubs of going up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The bizarre thing about this league is that everyone else from 2nd to 9th (our current play off rivals) look just as capable of shocking results. So I still see us as having as good a chance as any of those clubs of going up.

I agree. 

But saying - ‘Never mind, everyone else is shit, so we’ll be ok.’ Is starting to wear a bit thin or give him a free ride. He’s had multiple games now, where it isn’t just poor it’s absolutely awful. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I agree. 

But saying - ‘Never mind, everyone else is shit, so we’ll be ok.’ Is starting to wear a bit thin or give him a free ride. He’s had multiple games now, where it isn’t just poor it’s absolutely awful. 

Ye man NZ is watching a different game from the rest of us it seems...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree. 

That’s not what I was saying though. I’m not suggesting we don’t need to improve because everyone else is shit, that would make no sense. Or that it makes performances like today acceptable. 

It’s the nature of this league in this particular season. There’s only 1 team in the whole league that look worthy of going up. It’s bizarre.