MATCH: Kidderminster Harriers (H) 24/02/24 - Frank's Homecoming

13 hours ago, mick26 said:

True but he's brought in Stones, Conlon, Walker, Sachdev, Hammond and Garner when we should have brought in 3 nailed on starters. His recruitment has been poor so far.

Well we were previously relying on a midfield of McGahey, Sheron and Lundstram, so he was forced into signing CMs, and DU signings like Nuttall that obviously didn't work out meant we had multiple ST we couldn't really use

So although we would have ideally wanted to sign 3 wingers with a bit of pace to open up more formations, we didn't seem to have the option to

2 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Yesterday’s display has been adequately and correctly described. But why are our players so consistently hopeless at home? Yesterday was quite possibly the worst example. We were comfortably out passed, again, and beaten, by a team that has been struggling in the bottom four. Not knowing much about their players I will assume they are generally of none league background, as are the majority of ours players. If Phil Brown is the sole reason for their resurgence, how has he got them to pass and move the ball so efficiently against a top seven side?

Why are our, shall I say, similarly equipped and experienced players managed by a respected known winner at this level so consistently hopeless at Boundary Park? Even against lower league opposition. 
Ever since we began to struggle under the Lemmies I realised how bloody difficult it was for clubs like ours to get  out of the National League. Now, here we are. 
The players available to sign, generally, are players that have stood out at this level. They come here and with few exceptions under perform. The large contingent of vociferous fans are way beyond anything they’ve come across before. 
And then there’s the Ried incident. Most of the players were likely uninvolved with the Christmas Day message incident but still had to endure the rath of the Rochdale Road End. I’m convinced that’s why we are not playing to the Rochdale Road end whe available. 
Maybe just making the playoffs and the possibility of getting to Wembley via away games would be a blessing in disguise. 

Too much reliability on signing players and loanees without actually scouting them currently. Probably through agents 

Some of these have been injured or not ready for senior football and it shows. Of the MM signings only Stones and Walker would have took my eye.

I'd be looking at how they shape at other clubs now, not in the past.

Young hungry dynamic players to take us up the leagues in future were my priority.

However, I was rebuffed when I offered recommdations and told 'experience' was wanted.

I cant work on that basis I'm afraid.

I tried, but failed.

I can't help but think, Tollitt and Dickenson should still walk in the team, rather than some of the dross performances served up by those that replaced them.

They both had goals in them, and Tollitt would at least attack defenders therefore making space for others.

I still think, that there is something simmering beneath the surface at BP that is the root cause of the constantly absolute abysmal performances at home. 

If that is the case, it needs to be sorted out immediately before our season crumbles to dust, even before the play offs come around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

I can't help but think, Tollitt and Dickenson should still walk in the team, rather than some of the dross performances served up by those that replaced them.

They both had goals in them, and Tollitt would at least attack defenders therefore making space for others.

I still think, that there is something simmering beneath the surface at BP that is the root cause of the constantly absolute abysmal performances at home. 

If that is the case, it needs to be sorted out immediately before our season crumbles to dust, even before the play offs come around.

I agree about Dickenson. I thought he was a tidy midfielder but I’m afraid that Ben isn’t quite good enough. 

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well, let's be honest, if he keep spouting the same shite, surely I can point it out?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and sure, everyone is entitled to a differing opinion; if I spotted an opinion I didn't agree with I would offer a counter and leave it at that. What I wouldn't do is go on and on about it at every possible opportunity - as if it would change someone's mind...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Too much reliability on signing players and loanees without actually scouting them currently. Probably through agents 

Some of these have been injured or not ready for senior football and it shows. Of the MM signings only Stones and Walker would have took my eye.

I'd be looking at how they shape at other clubs now, not in the past.

Young hungry dynamic players to take us up the leagues in future were my priority.

However, I was rebuffed when I offered recommdations and told 'experience' was wanted.

I cant work on that basis I'm afraid.

I tried, but failed.g

Do the club know you come on here and slate them for not taking your recommendations because personally I don't blame for nit responding to your emails.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Shez on his own signed as good with no "recruitment department" or "Stats department" and for less money!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and sure, everyone is entitled to a differing opinion; if I spotted an opinion I didn't agree with I would offer a counter and leave it at that. What I wouldn't do is go on and on about it at every possible opportunity - as if it would change someone's mind...

Like he does you mean?

37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Like he does you mean?

Perhaps, so I'd ignore it - I know that if it got under my skin and I didn't gnore it, it would make me a very bitter individual.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

'Why are we not there'. 😢

That comment suggests you are not very knowledgeable about the nuts and bolts of football management. Why when you are playing again Tuesday night, would you train the players on the training pitch, they need to recover. 
if you want to punish them, bring them in to watch the match. 

I’ve come to absolutely hate our squad. 

They’re so well looked after, paid very well and they just couldn’t give a fuck.

It can’t just be a coincidence that players that have earned rave reviews elsewhere, turn to absolute shit when they put our shirt on. I don’t know if it’s a culture issue, or something else.. but it stinks.

I wouldn’t be able to look at any of them in the eye after yesterday. I’m so utterly disgusted at the lack of effort they produced on such an occasion it actually makes me feel sick. 

Chancers.

Edited by GKing521

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

How ironic having Brian Cox on the pitch prior to kick off, missed a trick at full time where we should of blasted out his tune for those of us who want to D:Ream, 'things can only get better'.

While I tip my cap to the joke, and probably because I'm in a bad mood after yesterday, I'm going to point out that Dr Cox only seems to be a proud Latics fan when we're on a cup run out when our Chairman has just rowed the Atlantic. In an interview a few years ago -  when he was last a Latics fan - he clearly didn't have a clue what had gone on at Latics in the last 30 years. 

And he's going on tour next month...

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

That comment suggests you are not very knowledgeable about the nuts and bolts of football management. Why when you are playing again Tuesday night, would you train the players on the training pitch, they need to recover. 

A recovery? They never broke sweat.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Having worked for many managers I've seen them bring players in on a Sunday just to make them realise its not such a cushy life.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Having worked for many managers I've seen them bring players in on a Sunday just to make them realise its not such a cushy life.

You can't just punish players everytime they lose a game. As poor as they were they've lost 2 out of 10 in the league. I'm sure dragging them in would do wonders for morale

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I don’t think that would make one iota of difference tbh!

Edited by oafc1955