MATCH: Kidderminster Harriers (H) 24/02/24 - Frank's Homecoming

Anyone else think the subs were strange today? 

Hammond was the only player who actually looked like he could control a Football and Fondop has goals in him when we were chasing the game.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc
  • Like 4

• Matt featured this topic

I get that people are desperate for some success and desperate to big up Mellon's track record as an indicator he'll do the same for us but this style just isn't going to work at Oldham, not medium/long term anyway.

You'd have thought the Royles would be more switched on to what was needed but it appears not

Just now, deyres42 said:

I get that people are desperate for some success and desperate to big up Mellon's track record as an indicator he'll do the same for us but this style just isn't going to work at Oldham, not medium/long term anyway.

You'd have thought the Royles would be more switched on to what was needed but it appears not

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah. . we’re known as the home for progressive football. 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It's just lucky that you've got a track record of being wrong a lot more about these things than being right.

• Like 1

Hogan arguing with fans at FT can fuck off as well. They deserved what they got when they walked off that pitch. They get credit when it’s warranted and should be able to take criticism when it’s warranted, and that was certainly warranted today and I don’t think the reaction was OTT. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Thought you’d turn up with your usual.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Hogan arguing with fans at FT can fuck off as well. They deserved what they got when they walked off that pitch. They get credit when it’s warranted and should be able to take criticism when it’s warranted, and that was certainly warranted today and I don’t think the reaction was OTT. 

Because they are all spineless pricks. Happy to take the wage and not put the effort in. Hogan is no Peter Clarke, and Clarke would not be accepting of that shite today

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It's just lucky that you've got a track record of being wrong a lot more about these things than being right.

I get all the big calls right and I'm certain I'll be proven right on this one too.

How many games have we won and fully deserved it? 

Barnet away.

Hartlepool away. 
Woking away. 

That’s the only games I’ve thought we played well and won. 

The other wins have been scrappy/hard fought. 

As Bosh points out, there are at least 8 horror shows under Mellon. (Several against bottom four sides) 

I’ll always maintain winning is everything. But the more I watch us under Mellon it’s the same as Unsworth. 

As in - Mellonball/Rhinoball you have to win otherwise there is zero to get behind. Literally nothing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Anyone else think the subs were strange today? 

Hammond was the only player who actually looked like he could control a Football and Fondop has goals in him when and we were chasing the game.

strange is one way of putting it… idiotic is another. 

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I get all the big calls right and I'm certain I'll be proven right on this one too.

😂😂 love this. I wouldn’t even know what your big call is here other than stating that Mellon is not a young progressive coach. Insightful. 

• Like 1

Filled the stadium, but people were leaving at around the 75min mark near me. Some pointing out we just hoofed it the whole game, not wrong. 

Actually embarrassing that today, actually raging. 

Hogan, Kitch, Conlon,Raglan and Garner need to have a look at themselves. 

People still have the audacity to even question Norwood. He would have thrived off that today and certainly wouldn’t have bottled it like them shithouses. 

6 minutes ago, daniel said:

If he's defending that then that is probably where the problems start, he was awful today so should probably take any criticism on the chin given he's also the captain of a team that's shown little desire today.

I hope they are in morning, noon and night trying to put it right but my guess based on that today is they probably don't give a fuck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Here he is Mr Big Bollocks. Bet your buzzing with a shit performance arnt you. Sat at home in your arm chair all smug looking at pictures of AL, MO and Bazza. Remembering the good times. Wanker. 

Edited by LightDN123

Another poor performance. For how defensive we set up, and having most of the team play as defenders, we are shit at defending.

The midfield is unbelievably poor. Today was just utterly clueless. Long ball after long ball. What was the plan?

The recruitment has been so poor since we‘ve been in this league none of the new players off any improvement. 

Next home game, we have to be set up different, but I doubt anything will change.

Even so, if Lundstram had buried his one-on-one, we‘d have been 2-1 up… instead two mins later we were 2-1 down! Ah… football.

The midfield and wing backs need to give their wages back for that. Utterly appalling display. No movement no pattern on play no second balls. Lundstrom looks like an ex kidsgrove player and sheron dear god. Mellon also had a bad day at office, what are they doing in training, surely he can see they aren’t getting behind teams or playing through midfield or getting crosses in. Green comes on and they get the ball to him once all second half. Not a chance this lot are going up 

13 minutes ago, daniel said:

The players are just following instructions, I don't blame them for feeling miffed when they get the stick and those on the touchline don't...

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Here he is Mr Big Bollocks. Bet your buzzing with a shit performance arnt you. Sat at home in your arm chair all smug looking at pictures of AL, MO and Bazza. Remembering the good times. Wanker. 

Can't control yourself again I see, tut tut.