MATCH: Kidderminster Harriers (H) 24/02/24 - Frank's Homecoming

3 minutes ago, latics59 said:

If Kidderminster win that means Brown has won 5 out of the last 7 apparently-wish we had!

Phil Brown working wonders at Kidderminster. He took us to league one 10 years ago.

At least Aldershot are losing🙂. 9 minutes extra at the Hall. Squeaky bum time.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

People can kid themselves all they want, this style isn't enjoyable even if you are winning and it isn't sustainable.

The implication here is that we play like this every game. We don’t. We didn’t play like this in the last game. 

When we play like this we almost always lose. I don’t recall that many performances like this that have ended up with us winning. So the claim about this being his “style” is bollocks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The implication here is that we play like this every game. We don’t. We didn’t play like this in the last game. 

When we play like this we almost always lose. I don’t recall that many performances like this that have ended up with us winning. So the claim about this being his “style” is bollocks. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I’d bet we won’t 

If we make the playoffs we will stroll them. It's the getting there that is worrying.

This is the weirdest league ever.

Alty's 1-3 home loss says it all.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Dreadful all round. We seem to have one of these horror shows in the league every month. I thought the top 3 was on but I also thought that sort of performance would be behind us by now. It’s not, so realistically 4th to 7th the aim and away games in the play offs. 

Someone mentioned in an earlier post if we go long against these lot they would eat us up.....guess what, they did!  Tactics today were a disgrace. 

Only player who looked like winning one of the hoofs was Fondop and he was substituted!!  Why did we bring Green on?  When he actually did get the ball to feet he done something.

Dont think we one a second ball all game,.

Don't know what game plan was today other than hoof and hope.  Funny thing about it is when you look at Maidenhead game, Barnet and Rochdale, they are the anomalies because generally we are shit but grind a win and we actually played well in those matches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

Someone mentioned in an earlier post if we go long against these lot they would eat us up.....guess what, they did!  Tactics today were a disgrace. 

Only player who looked like winning one of the hoofs was Fondop and he was substituted!!  Why did we bring Green on?  When he actually did get the ball to feet he done something.

Dont think we one a second ball all game,.

Don't know what game plan was today other than hoof and hope.  Funny thing about it is when you look at Maidenhead game, Barnet and Rochdale, they are the anomalies because generally we are shit but grind a win and we actually played well in those matches.

And Hammond who was the only player who had the ball under control.

Also substituted.

8 minutes ago, Fervid said:

That’s on MM tactics where an absolute disgrace at home to a side managed by Phil Brown ffs. 

They couldn't string two passes together pre Brown. Source: their forum.

Now they look like scoring every time they go forward.

Kudos Brown.

7 minutes ago, Fervid said:

That’s on MM tactics where an absolute disgrace at home to a side managed by Phil Brown ffs. 

Have to agree, can't believe how aimless our play was.

Also with the back 3 we have, it's a disgrace that we've conceded in back-to-back games from corners.

There's been just about enough games under Mellon where we've shown that there's something to work with, but far too many already where there has been so much room for improvement in each performance.  Fylde, Ebbsfleet (x2), Gateshead, Dorking, Woking, York on Tuesday and today, regardless of how many points we picked up in each match we deserved nothing from them based on the way we played.

It's infuriating how we couldn't turn up on a game like today.

2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Absolute  terrible performance the book stops with Mellon. He got so much wrong today 

And whilst I agree, his away set up is beyond compare.

Our skill level (If any) deserts us at home.

It's baffling.

58 minutes ago, Rootierjm said:

Good job he wasn’t pulled eh?! 😉

Err no, I know he scored but he just kills the team with his inability to play football, his passing and decision making is fucking awful, he's not alone but he is carried week in week out. I know he runs about a lot and scores 1 in 8 games but he's an awful, limited footballer.

As for that performance today Mellon is doing no better with a better group of players than Unsworth was, in fact it's even more tedious and dire, they get no better every time I see them and today he pulls off the only midfielder who was having an impact on the game, sorry but that's just weak as piss and stupid.

We are so slow and predictable with the ball and naive and clueless without it, we were battered today from a team propping up the division, of them 5k floating fans who we had an opportunity to impress today how many will be back next week paying £24, I'll tell you none.

Did we win one aerial duel today against their big centrehalfs? Did we fuck but we persisted with the hoofball shitshow that got us exactly nowhere, down the flanks is where you hurt them as the goal proved but we continued to just knock it up for Garner and Fondop to scrap over, fucking clueless.

Dallas looks unfit, Kitching again doesn't look arsed and I know some disagreed when I suggested it was because Reid has been frozen out but I'm sticking by that, up till Christmas he was player of the season by a country mile, since he's been generally awful.

Hogan and Hudson who've been dependable the last couple of months again played poorly, Lundstum is just wank, shits out of everything, is shit in the air and 95% of the time goes sideways or backwards, not the qualities I'd want from a wing back at all.

The rest were probably 6/10 which is just not good enough.

Welcome back Frank, it was embarrassing to see the lads fail to put the effort in that your return deserved, Kidderminster managed to get themselves up for it but our team went missing again. Shameful.

• Like 1

I just cannot see any sort of plan going forward. We are picking up a few away points but it is still pure Unsworth at BP.

Walker & Dallas had better be the real deal when fully fit because the rest of Mellon’s signings are making no difference whatsoever.

I have to say the pair of them look pretty clueless on the sidelines!

17 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Be interesting to see what he says in his interview.  Id be surprised if he doesn't mention that if Lundstram scores it's maybe different game etc etc.