Micky Mellon Sack Watch

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There's absolutely no reason he shouldn't have been inspiring the players to a play off position, that's his job and he's failed miserably. 

It is hard to disagree with this BP. I`m a Mellon "stayer" but I am wobbling for the reasons you have quoted. The first job of a manager is to get the best out of what you have; before then replacing your poorer staff with better. I hear there are some internal rumblings and that is understandable. You can't invest the amount of dosh that has been invested and be satisfied with what you are witnessing on the pitch. I was also told weeks back that the players had downed tools and weren't playing for Mellon. I`ve no idea what's truly happening behind the scenes but I think fans now deserve some sort of statement of clarity as to what the situation is and what is the aim for next season and how to put things right on the pitch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Get rid. There is no evidence that he has the ability, nous or desire to recruit properly, win matches and get us promoted. 

Done it5 times before but ye, no evidence.

Same as saying no evidence Lewis Hamilton has the nous, desire or ability to win an F1 championship 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

He’s largely managing Unsworth’s squad of shite. I honestly don’t think there’s many managers that will get a tune out if a squad of players like ours. One without a reliable and fit central midfield, without any really pace and width, without a decent proper full back all season and with nobody who can seemingly get their foot on the ball and control a game.

On the latter above, I feel that’s why he opted for Conlon. An element of panic behind it, but he clearly saw straight away our midfield is embarrassing.

I don’t understand the Garner signing. 

I do understand those arguing against giving him the summer and us potentially being in the same situation by October next season, but I’d trust Mellon and Brabin to identify what’s wrong, what we need, and how we can improve, over that fraud Unsworth who was only brought in because he was Royle’s mate.

And I don’t blame him for looking disheartened in the interviews he does, look at the shit he has to manage.

Like I said earlier, Mellon can’t be absolved of any blame, but for me, previous recruitment and an environment that was allowed to build up that’s resulted in mentally weak, uninterested players looking for a pay cheque is the bigger problem.

Why do you trust them Ste? Because of historical events? It has been suggested that Mike Jackson was a big factor in the Tranmere success, he isn't riding to the rescue.

My observation is he's lost his love for the game and the players know it.

This comes across in his downbeat interviews. 

I feel he ought to retire and find some enjoyment outside the game.

We can't carry on with a manager who cannot motivate his staff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My observation is he's lost his love for the game and the players know it.

This comes across in his downbeat interviews. 

I feel he ought to retire and find some enjoyment outside the game.

We can't carry on with a manager who cannot motivate his staff.

You assume that the way he talks to the media, with their frequently asinine questions, is the way he talks to the players. Do you have any evidence to back up that assumption?

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You assume that the way he talks to the media, with their frequently asinine questions, is the way he talks to the players. Do you have any evidence to back up that assumption?

Well would he inspire you?  He certainly hasn't done with the players on match days.

Sack him. Sack the players. Sack the board. Sack the statistics. 

Then if the new lot aren’t top of the table in 6 months, sack them all too. 

Give medals to the fans who were signing anti James Norwood songs loudly and repeatedly for the crime of… checks notes… missing a chance. They’re the real heroes. 

This toxicity is fucking performative and farcical. I can’t be arsed with it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Board, management and players all need to be seriously questioned during the summer due to this level of collapse in the last quarter of the season and no one should assume their position is safe (Frank excluded obviously).

Agreed Bosh. 

It’s not just Mellon. ( Who is now under big pressure for his part) 

The whole football operation has been really poor for two seasons, and the evidence reflects that. After all the money spent, we’re left an underperforming bloated and hugely imbalanced squad. 

If I was Frank or the family I’d be asking questions of everybody on the football side- not just Mellon. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

Sack him. Sack the players. Sack the board. Sack the statistics. 

Then if the new lot aren’t top of the table in 6 months, sack them all too. 

Give medals to the fans who were signing anti James Norwood songs loudly and repeatedly for the crime of… checks notes… missing a chance. They’re the real heroes. 

This toxicity is fucking performative and farcical. I can’t be arsed with it. 

As is any lacking any fair and/or  balanced critical eye over things. 

For every fanatical ‘everything is shit fan’ there is a fanatical ‘everything will come good/what you whinging about’ fan. 

You will never say, this isn’t good enough, or question why. You will always find a reason an excuse for why things aren’t going well. 

The whole football operation is badly run, you can dress it up how you want but the decision making speaks for itself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

For every fanatical ‘everything is shit fan’ there is a fanatical ‘everything will come good/what you whinging about’ fan. 

You will never say, this isn’t good enough, or question why. You will always find a reason an excuse for why things aren’t going well. 

The whole football operation is badly run, you can dress it up how you want but the decision making speaks for itself. 

I stood there and listened to some fucking awful stuff today. Absolutely irrational negative bollocks. If I was James Norwood I would 100% be looking for another club this summer off the back of today. 

I don’t think I put any irrational positive bollocks on here but if you’ve found some I’ll happily address it. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The most booed off manager I've seen in 60 years. Fans should be entitled to ask why is that.

Just now, nzlatic said:

I stood there and listened to some fucking awful stuff today. Absolutely irrational negative bollocks. If I was James Norwood I would 100% be looking for another club this summer off the back of today. 

I don’t think I put any irrational positive bollocks on here but if you’ve found some I’ll happily address it. 

Fair enough. 

I talking about the much wider issues, not some our fans - who I agree shout / scream absolute bollocks at times. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

The most booed off manager I've seen in 60 years. Fans should be entitled to ask why is that.

That post in itself should tell you how much of a poisoned chalice the Oldham Managers job is...

He's been here about 30 games and your telling me that he's the most boo'd manager? For a part of that we were top of the form table!

Some absolute entitled weapons support this club and it's putting me off more than the performances on the pitch!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

That post in itself should tell you how much of a poisoned chalice the Oldham Managers job is...

He's been here about 30 games and your telling me that he's the most boo'd manager? For a part of that we were top of the form table!

Some absolute entitled weapons support this club and it's putting me off more than the performances on the pitch!

Even during that spell he was booed at home matches for his 7 at the back tactics.

Instead of bigging him up you need to ask why he's lost total control of the team?

Fans pay good money to this club and I've no doubt they have been badly let down by the manager and players.

If you were served regular poor meals  in a restaurant would you still praise the chef and hope he improves with a new menu?

We need Gordon Ramsey at this club to tell the board it as it is. 😁

13 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

That’s how I felt on the terrace today. It was horrible. Actively singing against your own player for missing a chance. The guy who is the only one who’s scored goals with any regularity this season. I just don’t see how we can truly move forward as a club if the fans are frothing at the mouth whenever the team or a player has a bad run of form. 

There’s lots to fix, of course there is, but is that a massive surprise given what has happened to the club over the last 10/15 years? But no one gets time. It has to be quick or you’re out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

That’s how I felt on the terrace today. It was horrible. Actively singing against your own player for missing a chance. The guy who is the only one who’s scored goals with any regularity this season. I just don’t see how we can truly move forward as a club if the fans are frothing at the mouth whenever the team or a player has a bad run of form. 

There’s lots to fix, of course there is, but is that a massive surprise given what has happened to the club over the last 10/15 years? But no one gets time. It has to be quick or you’re out. 

By that reckoning you'd have kept DU till the end of the season.

Fans aren't stupid, they say what they see and will cheer when it's good and give flak when it isn't.

18 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I don’t condone the behaviour of a minority but you can’t blame the fans who’ve travelled far and wide this season and been rewarded with yet another shit show. I can’t believe these players are as bad they’ve consistently shown!

25 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

👍 I haven’t been since York away, think we were 6th in the league at the time and our fans couldn't wait to slag off our own players and get on their backs. For a support that regularly slaps itself self on the back, it was shocking. Feel like I'm surrounded by knobheads at every game

• Like 2