Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

This for me. Horrible. The lowest point in 34 years in supporting the club. All in the context of life, etc. but I was proper fed-up for a week or so after. 

Even though the football has been shite the last two seasons, I think the atmosphere - generated by the Athleticos - has been fantastic. It goes some way to compensating what happens on the pitch in terms of the whole experience.

Before these two seasons, we didn't even have that...

Yeah, it’s very easy to forget how low that felt. The nadir being the boarding up of the JRS, and the farce of playing the last ten minutes to an empty ground knowing our fate was sealed. It was really desperate. 

While the last two seasons have been frustrating nothing comes close to that feeling. 

A club heading into oblivion can’t be compared with a club trying to rebuild- (even with shooting our selves in the foot at times) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

According to 102 OWTB members (who expressed a view) on the question: Should Micky Mellon be sacked?

34 or 33.33% said Yes

68 or 66.67% said No

The poll is now closed.

Can we close the thread as well?

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Can we close the thread as well?

Yeah why not, he deserves more time I think….should the need arise, we can always open it again in November!!😂😂

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Yeah why not, he deserves more time I think….should the need arise, we can always open it again in November!!😂😂

It can be reopened after our opening day loss to Tamworth.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:15 PM, oafc1955 said:

Yeah, very easy to be calm, patient and hopeful in the summer with no games. 😂 But If he doesn’t start well with results (I’ll take poor winning football) then he’s under big pressure. Especially ending the season how we did. No manager can be given time on past record without results. 

Let’s hope he can get us going. . 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, very easy to be calm, patient and hopeful in the summer with no games. 😂 But If he doesn’t start well with results (I’ll take poor winning football) then he’s under big pressure. Especially ending the season how we did. No manager can be given time on past record without results. 

Let’s hope he can get us going. . 

I posted on another thread that I think we haven't won the last league match of the season for at least the last ten (!) seasons - thinking about it the same may be true of the opening league match 😟. We really do need a good start next season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I posted on another thread that I think we haven't won the last league match of the season for at least the last ten (!) seasons - thinking about it the same may be true of the opening league match 😟. We really do need a good start next season.

Yeah definitely. 

If he starts well, it will buy him some time and he can afford a dip later in the season. But If starts badly-  following on from the end of this season, then he’ll be under pressure.