Micky Mellon Sack Watch

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Exactly. 

I really don’t like this- we’re over budget, non of it is my fault, I haven’t got a magic wand, we’ll just have to hope we can do something. 

Resign then. 

Oh. You want your money. 

Right. Well stop bitching in the media, and get on with you what keep telling you already knew- it’s a big job. 

Which is about what I said last week, he needs to suck it up and show us why he's the best paid manager in the division instead of bleating and making excuses that he and the players hide behind.

Here’s my prediction. 

We’ll manage to get rid of a few contracted players over the summer. 

Magically (having told its will be nigh on impossible) Mellon will sign 6-8 players. 

The vast majority will be ‘experienced’ all over 28 and with their best days behind them. 

Having got more of the players he wants- taking his signings to half the squad, the style of football won’t change. We’ll grind and play hoof ball, and results will be indifferent. 

Mellon will say he knows what good looks like, but he can’t play the style he wants because he still has players he inherited, and it’s still a big job. 

The disconnect between Mellon and the fans will continue to intensify and we’ll start to really struggle. . 

18 minutes ago, ottantuno said:

Watching tonight’s play-off game and how sparsely populated Solihull’s crap ground is really hits home how much of a failure this season was.

It looks and sounds like a pre season friendly. Looks like all the recent games have caught up on Halifax. Can't say I feel sorry for them.

12 hours ago, PeteG said:

I agree with you. My concern is we've thrown a good few quid at it and been shit, if the budget is down considerably, the club may well be thinking along the lines of consolidation which is unacceptable imo.

I'm pretty certain that we will spend a fair bit of money again over the summer...

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm pretty certain that we will spend a fair bit of money again over the summer...

Yep. No way we don’t and I don’t understand why people worry about it so much. 

Frank isn’t AL, the board will have a 5 year budget in place. 

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yep. No way we don’t and I don’t understand why people worry about it so much. 

Frank isn’t AL, the board will have a 5 year budget in place. 

Makes a nonsense then of why Mellon is indicating the budget has already been met on the current batch of players still in contract. Which one is it? 🤪 I hope you're right, btw.

I honestly don’t think everything is entirely rosy in the camp TBH…. Maybe MM was angry and could have been speaking out of frustration, however, whether they were true or not the board cannot possibly be happy with the timing of some of those comments that he made after the Wealdstone game.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Makes a nonsense then of why Mellon is indicating the budget has already been met on the current batch of players still in contract. Which one is it? 🤪 I hope you're right, btw.

Like I’ve said previously, if Frank and Co are stupid enough to have overspent on the following years budget on 18 players including youth players, we are in far more trouble than debating who our manager is. 

They are not that incompetent. 

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I honestly don’t think everything is entirely rosy in the camp TBH…. Maybe MM was angry and could have been speaking out of frustration, however, whether they were true or not the board cannot possibly be happy with the timing of some of those comments that he made after the Wealdstone game.

Got told Norwood did something naughty. He's free to leave apparently. Not sure how true

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Got told Norwood did something naughty. He's free to leave apparently. Not sure how true

Free to leave!!! He’s on £5k a week apparently. If true there’s no way he’s free to leave!!😆

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Free to leave!!! He’s on £5k a week apparently. If true there’s no way he’s free to leave!!😆

By free to leave, obviously meaning not arsed if he wants to be transferred elsewhere if someone wants him

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Like I’ve said previously, if Frank and Co are stupid enough to have overspent on the following years budget on 18 players including youth players, we are in far more trouble than debating who our manager is. 

They are not that incompetent. 

Well- Mellon says they are. 

They’re lovely people, but. . . 

Or maybe you’re right (I agree with you) and the picture Mellon paints is nowhere near as bad as he’d have us believe. 

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

By free to leave, obviously meaning not arsed if he wants to be transferred elsewhere if someone wants him

Well if that’s the case we’ll need at least 2 more strikers and that’s providing Fondop is re-signed.

We’ll effectively have lost Norwood, Hope, Reid, Willoughby and Nuttall!!👀

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Well if that’s the case we’ll need at least 2 more strikers and that’s providing Fondop is re-signed.

We’ll effectively have lost Norwood, Hope, Reid, Willoughby and Nuttall!!👀

So, just the one actual striker, then. :D