Micky Mellon Sack Watch

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I imagine it'd be one of those viral clips on Undr The Cosh where someone says "there was this one time where James Norwood..."

Was he attempting to be funny or being a bit of a knob? 

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Seen this floating about today. Not sure on how true it is but interesting read. Right after Barnet away 5293CBF8-D895-4B29-8564-AD7249892946.jpeg.03faef73d2b58ca7de5cac6ed47a8fd1.jpeg

Since they played Wednesday night dont all clubs have the day after off? someone forgot we didn't play on the Tuesday 

19 hours ago, League one forever said:

Well- Mellon says they are. 

They’re lovely people, but. . . 

Or maybe you’re right (I agree with you) and the picture Mellon paints is nowhere near as bad as he’d have us believe. 

Or maybe he's trying to deflate the market. We've spent money recently. If everyone around us thinks we've got bags of cash laying around then every fee is higher, every salary is higher, etc.etc.

He could just be being smart about it.

He's not perfect and we've fucked this season up dramatically, but the worst-case mentality of fans (not you LOF, just in general) is not helping. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I saw James Norwood in a supermarket in Salford yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a dick and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Get rid imo

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I saw James Norwood in a supermarket in Salford yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a dick and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Get rid imo

Well thats the funniest post I've think I've ever read on here 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Get rid imo

Mmm. 

It’s a nice effort, if there wasn’t multiple stories (which I’m sure are all made up because he seems a lovely guy and he always performs. . . ) about him being an absolute cock. 

But- having said that,  he is a good footballer so maybe we should we pray at his feet and thank the lord he is here, because without him. .  let’s face it we’d probably end up folding. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ackey said:

Or maybe he's trying to deflate the market. We've spent money recently. If everyone around us thinks we've got bags of cash laying around then every fee is higher, every salary is higher, etc.etc.

He could just be being smart about it.

He's not perfect and we've fucked this season up dramatically, but the worst-case mentality of fans (not you LOF, just in general) is not helping. 

Yeah. Very possibly.

But it’s all about how you frame it Ack. 

You can say- it’s going to be struggle, but the club are with me and we recognise the need to overhaul things. I respect our position financially but we’ll be doing everything we can to put things right. 

You’ll notice the above is about the collective. I’ve no problem with being honest, as long as you inspire at the same time and show some leadership in tough times. 

Instead he’s said (paraphrasing) the board and owners are lovely but they fucked up. I know said I’d respect what the family have spent but that was bollocks, because in reality I told them after Flyde we might go down. I know I was given 6 signings, but you can’t count them over half season because of what I inherited. I don’t like excuses, but will give you several more. If you can’t change the player then change the player. That means if you can’t coach them to improve then replace them. I’m telling you this because I know what good looks like- and don’t even question me on that. I know I’ve said we’re over budget but in reality lots of new players will sign because I’ve already told the board who I want and they’ve agreed because if they don’t we might go down. What all of this means is, I know better than everyone at the club. Even though I’m at pains to say we, what I really mean is- it’s everyone else who’s at fault. Because I’ve won 5 promotions, and you haven’t. 

• Like 1

The worry for me is the lack of insight. 

Being excellent at sports always depends on 2 things, ability/skill and then getting the best out of your physical capacity “effort level”.  Most have been selected for an above level of skill by the time they are being considered for a professional contract, so that leaves effort level as the biggest variable. 

Getting the teams effort level higher then the opponent is probably the most important ability for a team manager. We have seen that graphically illustrated the end of this season.

So what is involved? What motivates a player to make that run in support of a teammate when he is tired already. What keeps him alert and reacting quickly, setting off with maximum effort to get to a loose ball or to close down and make that tackle? Complicated but a manager can learn this if he realises he needs to. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

What all of this means is, I know better than everyone at the club. Even though I’m at pains to say we, what I really mean is- it’s everyone else who’s at fault. Because I’ve won 5 promotions, and you haven’t. 

Isn't that the nub of it though? No-one else involved in the running of the club has gained promotion out of this level (and for most, no promotions at all).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah. Very possibly.

But it’s all about how you frame it Ack. 

You can say- it’s going to be struggle, but the club are with me and we recognise the need to overhaul things. I respect our position financially but we’ll be doing everything we can to put things right. 

You’ll notice the above is about the collective. I’ve no problem with being honest, as long as you inspire at the same time and show some leadership in tough times. 

Instead he’s said (paraphrasing) the board and owners are lovely but they fucked up. I know said I’d respect what the family have spent but that was bollocks, because in reality I told them after Flyde we might go down. I know I was given 6 signings, but you can’t count them over half season because of what I inherited. I don’t like excuses, but will give you several more. If you can’t change the player then change the player. That means if you can’t coach them to improve then replace them. I’m telling you this because I know what good looks like- and don’t even question me on that. I know I’ve said we’re over budget but in reality lots of new players will sign because I’ve already told the board who I want and they’ve agreed because if they don’t we might go down. What all of this means is, I know better than everyone at the club. Even though I’m at pains to say we, what I really mean is- it’s everyone else who’s at fault. Because I’ve won 5 promotions, and you haven’t. 

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Isn't that the nub of it though? No-one else involved in the running of the club has gained promotion out of this level (and for most, no promotions at all).

This Wealdstone interview has seemingly been more about how he's hurting the feelings of Latics fans hanging on his every word than the substance of what it actually was. Going on record, and saying in a roundabout way that, if promotion ASAP is the overall aim, the fundimentals of the playing side of the football club have to be spot on. If it ruffles a few feathers of some Latics fans who are umming and ahhing about ST's then so bit it.

He's been itching to get a lot off his chest since November. That much was clear.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Mmm. 

It’s a nice effort, if there wasn’t multiple stories (which I’m sure are all made up because he seems a lovely guy and he always performs. . . ) about him being an absolute cock. 

But- having said that,  he is a good footballer so maybe we should we pray at his feet and thank the lord he is here, because without him. .  let’s face it we’d probably end up folding. 

Bit dramatic, no?

On 4/24/2024 at 11:26 AM, BP1960 said:

And Cheltenham have Nuttall firing..how can that be?

For every one of your Mellon bashing posts that's just made it to be the most lame. I've asked before without joy, what has Mellon done to you?.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

For every one of your Mellon bashing posts that's just made it to be the most lame. I've asked before without joy, what has Mellon done to you?.

I've said I don't like his style of play.

In other words he's done nothing for me.

Next season he has a clean slate so hopefully we will see see some better football.

Going to buck the tread a little. I liked that Mellon interview, the honesty that we've all seen and worked out for ourselves. The level of abuse and vitriol has to stop if we are to become a promotion outfit and if anyone wants to take issue that smacks of it's any kind of 'fans fault' suck that up. I left very early during the Wealdstone game for 2 reasons, we were going to lose and I didn't want to watch 'the best fans in the league'  spitting feathers. The only way to promotion is the whole club pulling the same direction.

Providing Mellon and DR can talk a good number of players to leave and release the budget for in coming, then Mellon will get us up there next season. He's no mug and his track record for me gives him credence. Of course every manager as a shelf life and times move on, but times not up yet for Mellon. He's the man still currently. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've said I don't like his style of play.

In other words he's done nothing for me.

Next season he has a clean slate so hopefully we will see see some better football.

OK, Everyone has an opinion. Try to hold that thought more in your last sentence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

This Wealdstone interview has seemingly been more about how he's hurting the feelings of Latics fans hanging on his every word than the substance of what it actually was.

Giver over. 

It’s got nothing to do with fans feelings, I don’t anybody was hurt by what he said. 😂 No one cares that much. It’s just having an opinion on the substance, which was contradictory uninspired venting. 

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If it ruffles a few feathers of some Latics fans who are umming and ahhing about ST's then so bit it.

I’d rather he wasn’t divisive, and create a them and us mentality. He’s very prickly of any criticism. Won’t go on the pod after they said he walked out before their interview. Shot Alan down, after his only honest and testing question all season. Brings up getting shit off fans, and says- don’t question me. . No problem when you’re winning. You look stupid when you’ve won 1 in 13. 

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Going to buck the tread a little. I liked that Mellon interview, the honesty that we've all seen and worked out for ourselves. The level of abuse and vitriol has to stop if we are to become a promotion outfit and if anyone wants to take issue that smacks of it's any kind of 'fans fault' suck that up. I left very early during the Wealdstone game for 2 reasons, we were going to lose and I didn't want to watch 'the best fans in the league'  spitting feathers. The only way to promotion is the whole club pulling the same direction.

Providing Mellon and DR can talk a good number of players to leave and release the budget for in coming, then Mellon will get us up there next season. He's no mug and his track record for me gives him credence. Of course every manager as a shelf life and times move on, but times not up yet for Mellon. He's the man still currently. 

Bucking the trend is not allowed, sorry we all have to have exactly the same view and identical interpretation of everything 

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

Bucking the trend is not allowed, sorry we all have to have exactly the same view and identical interpretation of everything 

I know that no worries there brother. Everyone has their opinion, and I'd back anyone to express them. 

3 hours ago, Lags said:

Don't always agree with you Lags and no pun intended but that's about as fair a post as I've seen on the subject, given we are clearly going in to next season with MM in charge it's probably about time the slate was cleaned on all sides and we offer him our backing, there's little to be gained from hoping a manager fails for anyone to prove their point, in fact if that does happen it will undoubtedly be another failed season we'll rack up and surely no fan wants that, I've decided I'm going to renew next season in the hope that DR and MM can clean up some of the mess and give us a team we can all be proud of. Here's hoping.

• Like 8