Micky Mellon Sack Watch

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I totally understand the players reaction. If you are getting booed every week I wouldn’t celebrate with us. 

Hudson was a bit strange I just said let’s play with intensity and on the front foot. Halifax were 2 down. He told me to shut the fuck ip. Does not bother me. 

I think there needs to be a mentality change both fans and players 

Yeah just think there is a huge fans and player divide. 

Your isolated incident didn’t warrant that response. But the relationship with the players is already broken at that point. 

Like you say, something needs to change throughout. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah just think there is a huge fans and player divide. 

Your isolated incident didn’t warrant that response. But the relationship with the players is already broken at that point. 

Like you say, something needs to change throughout. 

Was speaking to a senior club official and said there’s no warmth to these players. He said I understand the players are aware but not addressed it. There will be different next season leaders characters. Basically not shithouses

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye, this guy who has been sent off twice...

Exactly. Had a suspension for 4 games like Fondop to end his season. I’m assuming that would rule him out from playing games at all levels? Either way, 1 player in the youth that might make the leap…we don’t have much in the way of youth to chuck in so it’s a bit of myth when that one gets brought up

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Was speaking to a senior club official and said there’s no warmth to these players. He said I understand the players are aware but not addressed it. There will be different next season leaders characters. Basically not shithouses

More experience then!😔

11 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

That’s my thought 

Didn't you previously mention the likes of Jeff King, Ash Palmer, Paul Lewis?

They would fit the bill, but we also badly need pace and pressing ability in the middle and up top.

3 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The complete lack of acknowledgement for the season/fans from virtually all of the players after yesterday speaks volumes. As you say in another comment, I don't blame them for not giving any love back to fans who are quick to turn on them, but then I also don't see how players expect any fanbase to be happy clappy when their performances are as routinely bad as this.

There are some players who were bang average in recent years but fans liked them because they tried a bit off the pitch. Alex Reid, pre-Christmas-gate, interacted with fans quite a bit. Go as far back as Bahamboula. Just a few bits of being nice to fans after games and putting some effort in gives you a lot of leeway when your performances aren't great and buys patience with the fans. The fact the club/squad just don't address it despite acknowledging that it's a problem is crazy. This is why fans are quick to dislike the players, they don't give them anything to like or get attached to.

Edited by PartTimeLatic
  • Like 2

At the moment only 36% of OWTB members, who have expressed a preference, think Mellon should be sacked.

Have you voted? ⬇️

Sorry to plug my own poll, but as it's a 'poll only' thread it slips down the list quickly!

🗳️

20 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

More experience then!😔

Hopefully it'll be more about character than experience. I don't care what they've achieved in the past - I just want better people in the team, who want to do well and bring others with them. 

There's an argument that we should even avoid winners of this division, because they've been here, done it and might not be able to replicate the hunger for it....

Paul Cook addressing Chesterfield supporters at promotion celebrations 

"...we need each other and we should always be there for each other when times aren't so good. There will be dark days ahead, when those dark times come make sure we stay together strong.

"I think the National League is so much tougher than people will know. Every game is really hard, especially when you are the biggest club in the division.  Everybody wants to beat you."

Perhaps some of our fans should take note.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

"...we need each other and we should always be there for each other when times aren't so good. There will be dark days ahead, when those dark times come make sure we stay together strong.

"I think the National League is so much tougher than people will know. Every game is really hard, especially when you are the biggest club in the division.  Everybody wants to beat you."

How would he know? - we're the biggest club..

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Perhaps some of our FANS AND PLAYERS should take note.

FTFY

21 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Didn't you previously mention the likes of Jeff King, Ash Palmer, Paul Lewis?

They would fit the bill, but we also badly need pace and pressing ability in the middle and up top.

I reckon these will be the type of players who will be brought in

10 minutes ago, The Greek said:

Our problem is we THINK we’re the biggest club. 

Whose 'bigger' then?.

And even if you don't think it every player visiting BP sees it as that, that's why we need players prepared to give absolutely everything which I see as the main problem at the minute.

Oldham fans don't really want much but one thing that won't be tolerated is lack of desire and heart.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Whose 'bigger' then?.

And even if you don't think it every player visiting BP sees it as that, that's why we need players prepared to give absolutely everything which I see as the main problem at the minute.

Oldham fans don't really want much but one thing that won't be tolerated is lack of desire and heart.

Chesterfield have the average highest home attendance, so I guess they are the biggest ? We’re second.

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Chesterfield have the average highest home attendance, so I guess they are the biggest ? We’re second.

As you'd expect given they've lifted the title. Chesterfield generally bring about 600 to BP, I wouldn't class them as a big club at all, we are still the biggest club in that division despite being shit for 30 years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, latics22 said:

They were top of the bloody league from start to finish & are up as champions. We finished 10th a full 35 points behind them and averaged only 900 less.

Last season we finished 12th and they lost in the playoff final yet our average was just 100 less.

We are bigger club with a bigger history!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Boyyou said:

You can guarantee if they are struggling come Xmas fans will be on his back

22 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

You can guarantee if they are struggling come Xmas fans will be on his back

It was ever thus. They were last season when they went 10 without a win, but still made play-offs. Patience is a virtue that many fans don't have.