MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 29/03/24

Say what you like about the players - nobody will be defending any of them after that - but the capitulation over the last 10 games has been astonishing.

As was Fondop's red card from where I was sat - I was already annoyed the ref had blown for a foul!

Despite others results going our way I'm fully resigned to another season of playing sides who I don't even know what colours they wear 😭

That’s me done till next season. 

I can not watch another game where we start like it’s a knockabout in the park. That first half hour was fucking disgusting. 

How do you beat Oldham? 

Just press them. That’s it. 

We folded like a deck of cards, no leaders, no fight, not working anywhere near hard enough. Awful in possession- hack it anywhere or pass to them. No pattern of play, no intensity to our attacking play. Plays two midgets up front and lobs high balls up-to them. I’m fucking sick of it. 

They went 3 up and sat off and we started playing. . . 

ANYONE CAN PLAY AT 3-O NIL DOWN LADS WHEN THE OPPOSITION AREN’T TRYING ANYMORE. 

I know the squad needs work, but them players are miles better than that- but they keep churning out the same shite, and sooner or later you have to look at the Manager. Teams are always a reflection of the manager. . 

Things we continually do. 

Start poorly. 

Hoof it- when Mellon explicitly says this isn’t what he’s asking them to do. 

Panic in Possession. 

Have no tempo. 

Don’t work hard enough. 

Have no pattern to our attacking play. 

Serious questions about the manager now. . I know the board won’t sack him before the end of the season- but if it’s like this again in the first 5 games next season he needs to go. 

• Like 2

We was so bad today but rest assured we will get apology of national league to say should have been hand ball against fylde keeper to make us all feel better as for the sending off no way was that a red.

Surprised at the outrage on the Fondop red card. He’s absolutely out of control and off the ground lunging in. 
As for the game, horrific. 
As for the ref, horrific. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s me done till next season. 

I can not watch another game where we start like it’s a knockabout in the park. That first half hour was fucking disgusting. 

How do you beat Oldham? 

Just press them. That’s it. 

We folded like a deck of cards, no leaders, no fight, not working anywhere near hard enough. Awful in possession- hack it anywhere or pass to them. No pattern of play, no intensity to our attacking play. Plays two midgets up front and lobs high balls up-to them. I’m fucking sick of it. 

They went 3 up and sat off and we started playing. . . 

ANYONE CAN PLAY AT 3-O NIL DOWN LADS WHEN THE OPPOSITION AREN’T TRYING ANYMORE. 

I know the squad needs work, but them players are miles better than that- but they keep churning out the same shite, and sooner or later you have to look at the Manager. Teams are always a reflection of the manager. . 

Things we continually do. 

Start poorly. 

Hoof it- when Mellon explicitly says this isn’t what he’s asking them to do. 

Panic in Possession. 

Have no tempo. 

Don’t work hard enough. 

Have no pattern to our attacking play. 

Serious questions about the manager now. . I know the board won’t sack him before the end of the season- but if it’s like this again in the first 5 games next season he needs to go. 

agree with all the points bar sacking. It’s so counter productive mid season. If they do change direction with I don’t think they should it has to be end of this season.

we are paying the money and it’s MM job to deliver. He needs a full off season the reassemble and push on. I think the most dissapointing thing though is he hasn’t managed to create a style of play or identity or get them to pass it and play like a top side for the division. and therefore u start to really think if he’s up to it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh and I never want to Garner and Norwood as a partnership again. 

Dallas was very good when he came on, in fairness to him. 

Everyone else shite, even my golden boy Norwood was a fucking shambles today. But, he was shifted out wide. Imagine shifting your 33 year old top scorer out wide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

agree with all the points bar sacking. It’s so counter productive mid season. If they do change direction with I don’t think they should it has to be end of this season.

we are paying the money and it’s MM job to deliver. He needs a full off season the reassemble and push on. I think the most dissapointing thing though is he hasn’t managed to create a style of play or identity or get them to pass it and play like a top side for the division. and therefore u start to really think if he’s up to it 

Sorry but he's had near on six month, signed six players, exiled at least half a dozen and we are undoubtedly worse. Why would you waste another season we are rudderless and he keeps picking the same incompetents.

• Like 1

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but he's had near on six month, signed six players, exiled at least half a dozen and we are undoubtedly worse. Why would you waste another season we are rudderless and he keeps picking the same incompetents.

counterproductive changing it all again. Pretty certain the first season for a manger rarely ends in promotion. Much better percentages when people are 2-3 years in to a project. I expect better quality football for sure but even though he’s had six months and I’d only give him 5-6/10 now I think if I was in charge I’d still be sticking with him and only because he’s shown over and over he can do it 

Mellon no better than unsworth at present and I think we are going backwards.

I do wish people would stop claiming the players are better than that. I don’t see it. I really don’t rate any one them.

I don’t know where we go from here. I am struggling to find any reason to be positive on the pitch, short, medium or long term. Frank won’t keep chucking money at it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think we should have stuck with Thompson and Redfearn, was it no losses in 6 games with them 2.

Yet again,

The man I'm feeling sorry for is Frank,

What more can he do? It can't be easy for him to witness the way most of those brought in aren't performing for his club, especially after his own personal miraculous feat. 

You'd have to be thick skinned to take his money after that non event

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Do you think we should have stuck with Thompson and Redfearn, was it no losses in 6 games with them 2.

At the time I said it wouldn't bother me if Thommo got it for the season if he was given the three or four players we needed as it has been obvious for two season we've no rightback, midfield or consistent wingers but the club plumped for who they thought was the best fit. It's gone pear shaped though in a really bad way and it's starting to make the board look incompetent, particularly on the back of season tickets being rolled out this week.

Edited by yarddog73

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

At the time I said it wouldn't bother me if Thommo got it for the season if he was given the three or four players we needed as it has been obvious for two season we've no rightback, midfield or consistent wingers but the club plumped for who they thought was the best fit. It's gone pear shaped though in a really bad way and it's starting to make the board look incompetent.

We're fast becoming the Everton of non league 

• Like 1

These useless winkers are on the beach already, not 1 of that team deserved recognition and then to top it all, Haughton who we wanted to sign looked like fr1ggin de Bruyne up front and we've got norwood huffin and puffin like an arrogant pensioner on treble his wages.....and that ref was a pr2ck 🤬🤬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

The refs decision to award an offside against us in our own half just about sums him up. 

As @doctor evil said it's where the player impacts the play, i.e. where he touches the ball.

See paragraph 4 of https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

The law changed in summer 2018. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

As @doctor evil said it's where the player impacts the play, i.e. where he touches the ball.

See paragraph 4 of https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

The law changed in summer 2018. 

Thanks, I didn't know the rule had changed, I also didn't know that the rule had changed that a goalkeeper can handle the ball outside his area. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BerlinBlue said:

I‘m sorry this ref. How he has not given handball there. Surely when it is so obvious you‘ve got to question the integrity of him as a professional.