North Stand Construction Thread

I have heard, from a usually good source (although he let me down over something earlier this season), that the Chaddy End will be exclusively for away fans next season.

I have heard the same, although we may have got it from the same source.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making the Chaddy the away end is the most logical way to deal with having a 4-sided stadium, but I hope we don't. It's not worth the dissent, losing fans who were 'born' in that End.

My main gripe is trying to put home fans as far as possible from away fans. Kills the atmosphere. I'd sacrifice having to sit in the Chaddy if it meant BP felt slightly more full.

Making the Chaddy the away end is the most logical way to deal with having a 4-sided stadium, but I hope we don't. It's not worth the dissent, losing fans who were 'born' in that End.

My main gripe is trying to put home fans as far as possible from away fans. Kills the atmosphere. I'd sacrifice having to sit in the Chaddy if it meant BP felt slightly more full.

I think they should maintain the status quo, it is a fair compromise now, we in the RRE have to move to accommodate the "larger followings" this reflects in our ST price. I wouldn't risk alienating those that have frequented the chaddy for years, I would be hopeful that the new stand will bring a couple of hundred exiled fans back to BP, although once you stop attending it does become a way of life to do alternative things every other Saturday. As long as the club show "due diligence" with their decision making we should be ok.

I was talking about this on the terraces today, to have us scattered across four stands does not make it a good singing sort of atmosphere.

If the club were thinking of putting us together, or at least in three stands then they would have to decide soon as season tickets will be on sale soon

Think it has been mentioned that the chaddy becomes the away end but there was concerned over exit strategies for away supporters. Can't remember the ins and outs of it, think it might have been if there was any trouble if we all exited at same time. For me they should bring back the old style lock in for away fans for a few mins at least.

I was talking about this on the terraces today, to have us scattered across four stands does not make it a good singing sort of atmosphere.

If the club were thinking of putting us together, or at least in three stands then they would have to decide soon as season tickets will be on sale soon

Think it has been mentioned that the chaddy becomes the away end but there was concerned over exit strategies for away supporters. Can't remember the ins and outs of it, think it might have been if there was any trouble if we all exited at same time. For me they should bring back the old style lock in for away fans for a few mins at least.

I understand what you are saying about holding back supporters, but in my opinion this can lead to volatile situations, I would like to think that the majority of people leaving a football ground can interact without violence, mind you I hope to win the lottery soon.

I understand what you are saying about holding back supporters, but in my opinion this can lead to volatile situations, I would like to think that the majority of people leaving a football ground can interact without violence, mind you I hope to win the lottery soon.

Yes your right, I cut my teeth as a fan in the 80's and I have and added advantage too that I m a woman and probably be classed as a soft target for some knuckle draggers that are still around.

My mind say yes give away the fans the chaddy, but my heart says different.

What do others think?

I think they should maintain the status quo, it is a fair compromise now, we in the RRE have to move to accommodate the "larger followings" this reflects in our ST price. I wouldn't risk alienating those that have frequented the chaddy for years, I would be hopeful that the new stand will bring a couple of hundred exiled fans back to BP, although once you stop attending it does become a way of life to do alternative things every other Saturday. As long as the club show "due diligence" with their decision making we should be ok.

4000 fans (if we're lucky) over 4 stands in a 13,000 capacity ground will make it feel very empty. Nowt worse than an empty stadium.

They should create an incentive for fans moving from the RRE. You can't do that with Chaddy fans though because they value their seat in that stand more than any reasonable incentive you could put forward. It's a shame because we'll end up with a situation where we're not allowing home fans access to our second best stand, where it is unquestionably the best atmosphere. For the greater good though (more fans through the turnstiles ie. more money), unfortunately.

4000 fans (if we're lucky) over 4 stands in a 13,000 capacity ground will make it feel very empty. Nowt worse than an empty stadium.

They should create an incentive for fans moving from the RRE. You can't do that with Chaddy fans though because they value their seat in that stand more than any reasonable incentive you could put forward. It's a shame because we'll end up with a situation where we're not allowing home fans access to our second best stand, where it is unquestionably the best atmosphere. For the greater good though (more fans through the turnstiles ie. more money), unfortunately.

Perhaps they should knock the main stand down? :peepwall:

I don't want to antagonise anyone regarding away fans in the chaddy end but I just think it makes sense . times change and the ground has changed . we should be on 3 sides of the ground , the acoustics are better in RRE , and there are facilities for wheelchairs and disabled at that end .

a couple of disabled spaces in chaddy end I know but not good enough for regular fans with disability . people will have 4 choices , I hope they choose one of the 3 stands and don't stay away .

Yes your right, I cut my teeth as a fan in the 80's and I have and added advantage too that I m a woman and probably be classed as a soft target for some knuckle draggers that are still around.

My mind say yes give away the fans the chaddy, but my heart says different.

What do others think?

Its just a stand....

The alienated fans may come back to the new stand, but making the Chaddy end for away fans only will alienate far more than 200.

If the chaddy end was full every week then I'd be worried about losing a large number of regulars. But it's painfully empty even when the away fans get the whole of the RRE it'll be a sad day to see away fans in there but we must move with the times. I can see the arguments for and against the RRE being exclusively the home end but the facilities are much better - apart from the first few rows being open to the elements and the sun in eyes issue.

The way the weather usually hits BP it was pretty pointless putting a roof over the seats anyway, as any Lookers paddock regular will atest.

I did 2 seasons in there as a season ticket holder before it was pulled down and have never got as wet as I did those 2 season in my life. The wind loves blowing the rain into your face on that side. A bigger roof wouldn't prevent wind blowing the rain in!

Archived