Charlton

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont normally go in for criticism, but i'm sorry Lee Erwin was awful tonight. At least twice all he had to do was look up and play the ball across the box to a free man in acres of space but it was head down and try to beat the man.

Other than that i'm a happy man, we defended like trojans at times although some of that was our own doing as we sat back and let them dictate the play. In front of goal Charlton were woeful,

We missed AAH tonight as we couldn't get the ball to stick, but thank goodness for the Ngoo cameo he certainly relieved the pressure.

This is just the sort of game that we had to grind a win out off.Good goal .We could have been behind in the first few seconds and they had 16 corners to our 4 which shows they were a good side.Thought their left winger was good.Thought Gnoo played well when he came on and adds impetus when we need it late on.Holds the ball well and can find a pass.Thought Ripley was motm but all did their jobs and another win for Shez.

Roll on Saturday for another 6 pointer.

Disagree 1000000%. Erwin did really well tonight in a really tough job up there on his own. He started slowly, but held it up well, only disappointment was a couple of times where he could have got his head up and played someone in, but overall I thought he was back to how he looked in August.

Who would you have played up front instead of Erwin?

I honestly don't know, we missed AAH, Ngoo will not last 45 mins at the moment, most probably Osei would have got the start. Erwin frustrates me with his lack of awareness of those around him. Our striking options are limited.

Big 3pts that we came under lots of pressure but our defence was outstanding Clarke and Gerrrad won every header Wilson and Hunt did what was needed, lovely goal from Banks he can certainly strike a ball, I thought Erwin did a poor job of being the target but that's clearly not his game, real team effort tonight, every put a shift in even the subs Fane putting his head in where it hurts in the last 10 and Ngoo is so unorthodox but it seems to work just what you need when holding onto a lead, onto Swindon who seem to be dropping like a stone !

Have to say the atmosphere in the last 10 mins was superb considering it was a sub 3000 crowd we helped get them over the line I think.

I would have settled for 1 win from these 2 home games we've won them both. Onto Swindon who have lost 4 on the bounce suddenly games like this look very winnable.

Great hard working , hard won performance against a pretty good side.

Missed a couple of good chances too - Clarke nearly extended his gap at the top of the goal scoring table and Ginger Prince was very close.

Great goal from banks and he and everyone else did a good jo of chasing lost causes tonight and putting hem under pressure.

Felt more comfortable than the Coventry game at the end.

Ngoo - best performance yet and genuinely had a good impact.

Erwin did OK as a target man - and thought he matched AH recent performances....but but but, twice he missed the opportunity to lay across an early ball into the box to create a great goal scoring opportunity.