League 2 activity

44 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Funny but when the name 'wellens' is mentioned, the first word that springs to mind is 'relegation' and nothing to do with the fact he was a decent player here.

In every way, shape or form, his legacy has been far more detrimental than anything you could ever pin on Sheridan.

So true!. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Funny but when the name 'wellens' is mentioned, the first word that springs to mind is 'relegation' and nothing to do with the fact he was a decent player here.

In every way, shape or form, his legacy has been far more detrimental than anything you could ever pin on Sheridan.

6 hours ago, latics22 said:

So true!. 

Yeah, the fractured team spirit that season had nothing to do with ALBOMO’s interference. It was all Wellens’ fault.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yeah, the fractured team spirit that season had nothing to do with ALBOMO’s interference. It was all Wellens’ fault.

Stop keep making excuses for the man, he had the players! he also had ample opportunity to make sure we didn't drop.

If he felt he wasn't up to it, he should have stepped aside and let someone else take the reins, he chose not to.

His actions have taken this club to the abyss but is he at all bothered?

Ofcourse not, for he's going back to where we should already be, with the help of shitloads of money.

5 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Stop keep making excuses for the man, he had the players! he also had ample opportunity to make sure we didn't drop.

If he felt he wasn't up to it, he should have stepped aside and let someone else take the reins, he chose not to.

His actions have taken this club to the abyss but is he at all bothered?

Ofcourse not, for he's going back to where we should already be, with the help of shitloads of money.

The bloke was cutting his teeth in management, he wasn't left to get on with the job, he is proving his worth now. The owner and his cohorts are fools. 

15 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The bloke was cutting his teeth in management, he wasn't left to get on with the job, he is proving his worth now. The owner and his cohorts are fools. 

Cutting his teeth? He bit our leg off and then tried to take the other one after the event,

I don't know about gardening leave, Fort Sahara would have been more fitting 

17 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Yep relegated  with SheZ’s players but Shez according to Latics 22 is in no way to blame....meanwhile he is now top of the league with Shez players for which Shez should be given all the credit according to Latics 22.......clearly illogical?

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Yep relegated  with SheZ’s players but Shez according to Latics 22 is in no way to blame....meanwhile he is now top of the league with Shez players for which Shez should be given all the credit according to Latics 22.......clearly illogical?

We shall both learn to honour your profound wisdom 👌

7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Ha ha,,......it reminds me of the old adage......why do people take an instant dislike to Phoenix? ..........it saves time!

When you can walk the rice paper and leave no trace.........you will have learned :laught30:

• 2 weeks later...

We must be one of, if not the most despised clubs in the league. I fucking hate what we have become under these 🤡🤡’s. Do we really need to do this to a fellow club who like ourselves are struggling to compete both competitively and financially. It’s pointless and totally unnecessary.

I really don’t want this lot running our football club.....period!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT**********

11 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We must be one of, if not the most despised clubs in the league. I fucking hate what we have become under these 🤡🤡’s. Do we really need to do this to a fellow club who like ourselves are struggling to compete both competitively and financially. It’s pointless and totally unnecessary.

This is an extreme view for something kind of pointless and minor. Don't break the rules. Simple really. If the FA did their job correctly, it wouldn't have been postponed.

If I remember correctly, they cancelled the game shortly before, so maybe we lost money on travel/hotels etc which could not be recovered. I know some fans did on trains. It doesn't take too long for us to send an email to the FA, to state that they didn't do the check correctly when Stevenage cancelled the game. I don't see the big fuss tbh.

13 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

1 hour ago, youngen said:

This is an extreme view for something kind of pointless and minor. Don't break the rules. Simple really. If the FA did their job correctly, it wouldn't have been postponed.

If I remember correctly, they cancelled the game shortly before, so maybe we lost money on travel/hotels etc which could not be recovered. I know some fans did on trains. It doesn't take too long for us to send an email to the FA, to state that they didn't do the check correctly when Stevenage cancelled the game. I don't see the big fuss tbh.

To be fair to 1955, I think he was expressing the cumulative effect of everything that has gone on under the new regime i.e. his frustration wasn't particularly about what is, as you say, one minor isolated issue. 

Archived