League 2 activity

1 minute ago, Barry Bosnian said:

The Guardian clearly didn't do the same calculations, seems like a half-arsed story on their part.

Although the points-per-game isn't confirmed yet & the EFL seem to have it in for Macclesfield, so who knows what will happen.

I could be wrong but did they not have 4 points defered about Xmas time?

Think they were down for a 10 point deduction but got 6 at the time,....but I could be totally wrong

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, underdog said:

I could be wrong but did they not have 4 points defered about Xmas time?

Think they were down for a 10 point deduction but got 6 at the time,....but I could be totally wrong

Yes they did, so on points per game they would still be safe, assuming the 4 point deduction gets re-instated.

On 6/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, Magic Mikey said:

Just done a couple of calculations. 

Macc collected 36 points from 37 games which is 0. 97 points per game. On that basis over the 9 remaining games you'd expect them to get 9 points which would leave them on 34 points. 

Stevenage work out at 0.61 points per game. 6 points from their remaining 10 matches would leave them on 28 points. Unless the EFL Dock them 6 points or more, Macclesfield should be OK. 

https://www.skysports.com/share/12003520

🤔

24 minutes ago, rosa said:

This is......quite the take on Tranmere being relegated. 

Watching a Tranmere fan compare his  team's relegation from League 1 to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. One can only stand back and admire the mental gymnastics that took.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I worked it out on points won in the season to date and used that as a projection to the end of the season. They have taken the points net of the deductions. Using that as a projection would in effect further increase the number of points deducted. I've no idea what the official line will be. I know which method is the fairer. 

Although thay Judas seems a bit of a git...tough tackling midfielder maybe.

Now what were the other disciples names?..i remember an old childhood song.

Mathew, mark, luke and john?

Peter you have mentioned

Maybe a paul and a simon?

Oh dear 

3 hours ago, rosa said:

This is......quite the take on Tranmere being relegated. 

I do my best to be respectful of all reasonable opinions, creeds, belief systems despite not having a religious or spiritual bone in my body but there are limits.  What a dickhead.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Although thay Judas seems a bit of a git...tough tackling midfielder maybe.

Now what were the other disciples names?..i remember an old childhood song.

Mathew, mark, luke and john?

Peter you have mentioned

Maybe a paul and a simon?

Oh dear 

Perhaps they could get Paul and Simon to say Grace...   .. Land. 

23 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I worked it out on points won in the season to date and used that as a projection to the end of the season. They have taken the points net of the deductions. Using that as a projection would in effect further increase the number of points deducted. I've no idea what the official line will be. I know which method is the fairer. 

Yeah it's nonsense, the EFL are trying to stitch Macc up. Points per game should be an average of the points per game played, not including deductions. They should be removing the points AFTER the calculations. Anyone can see it's a stitch-up by the EFL. Disgraceful really.

Archived