League 2 activity

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Forest Green doing their recruiting early....😮

Forest Green Rovers have made their sixth summer signing by recruiting teenage striker Jake Young from Premier League club Sheffield United. Young, 18, has signed a two-year deal with the League Two club.

His arrival follows goalkeeper Luke McGee, midfielder Dan Sweeney, winger Nicky Cadden, and defenders Kane Wilson and Jack Evans.

There was a Twitter rumour that we were interested in Kane Wilson. 

They've recruited more than we've got😂

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why would u sign players. This could still be going on this time next year. It's a waste of money and we simply csnt afford to do that!

Because all signs point to the next season starting in the next month or two.

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

September 12 is the date currently being considered - I wonder if that will be be behind closed doors? 

I would have thought that most teams in our division couldn't afford to operate a season without gate receipts. I can't see us being able to.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Surely its got to be behind closed doors we can't operate any other way.

I think there is more chance of next season being void rather than behind closed doors if spectators aren't allowed back. 

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

I think there is more chance of next season being void rather than behind closed doors if spectators aren't allowed back. 

If next season is void that would signal the end for League 1 & 2 and possibly even the Championship!

The EFL will have to come up with a solution,  ie. reduced capacity so as to gradually allow spectators back into the ground or at least some sort of financial support to clubs until it is safe to do so.

No spectators = no income = no club = no EFL!!

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

In the stands maybe but even then the problems are in the concourse and the entry and exit to the stadium. Thats before we entertain the notion of a possible/probable 2nd wave.

Yes. Fans who need to go to the toilet, or an early pie or pint at half time have to pass each other to get to the concourse. Without a vaccine a second wave is inevitable. However Boris and Matt probably know something about the Oxford vaccine that we don't. There's expected promising news next week.

12 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Yes. Fans who need to go to the toilet, or an early pie or pint at half time have to pass each other to get to the concourse. Without a vaccine a second wave is inevitable. However Boris and Matt probably know something about the Oxford vaccine that we don't. There's expected promising news next week.

The day I admit Boris knowing more than me is the day I give up !!

............unless he's getting his info from the Russians of course.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, al_bro said:

:lol:

Archived