Next Manager Speculation

17 hours ago, joe_lead said:

Dear Mighty Bosh

My name is Dr Budwali Mukumbi, a first cousin of Nigerian Astronaut Major Abacha Tunde.  He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979.  He later took a flight to a secret Soviet military space station in 1989, unfortunately he became stranded there 12 months later when the Soviet Union was dissolved.  His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo and empty vodka bottles.  Since that time there have been occasional supply flights to keep him going, however whilst he remains in reasonable health and good humour he is desperate to come home. 

In the 18 years he has been in orbit he has accumulated the equivalent of £24,000,000 in pay and travel expenses.  This money is held in a trust in the Lagos National Bank.  If I can gain access to this money, a down payment of £3,000,000 will enable the current Russian administration to divert the orbiting Soyuz 56-Y and bring him back to earth.  In order to access this trust fund your assistance is kindly requested.

My colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account for subsequent disbursement, since we are employed civil servants we are prohibited from operating foreign accounts in our names.  In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses in the course of the transaction.  You will be mandated to remit the 70 percent balance to other accounts in due course.

Yours kindly

Dr Budwali Mukumbi

Absolutely superb post!

What worries me is that the timing of RW’s sacking would usually lead me to believe we’ve the successor already lined up. 

But the implication that Clark was sounded out but isn’t interested leads me to believe we absolutely don’t. 

Bit of a soap opera, Latics. 

9 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The fact that Dan Gardner hasn't yet captained a Darren Kelly managed and Dave Pace owned Droylsden side to Champions League glory still astounds me.

Usual cheap digs. What's  your claim to fame? 

12 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

What worries me is that the timing of RW’s sacking would usually lead me to believe we’ve the successor already lined up. 

But the implication that Clark was sounded out but isn’t interested leads me to believe we absolutely don’t. 

Bit of a soap opera, Latics. 

Where viable has it been stated he’s been sounded out or not interested?

i agree Sinnott usually spot on but all he’s said is he had a meeting with AL - Clarkr is the team captain and an employee - hardly sensational he’s been seen at the club 

2 hours ago, pukka said:

If Clarke was sounded out for the job

yesterday is AL either... 

Wanting to prove he just isnt going after an unknown foreigner
Just Trying to do it as cheap as possible

Or
Just wanting a puppet

Take our pick.

I know nothing about whats going on but I could see a forth option

- maybe talking to your senior pro about your plans makes sense- provides a sense check and shows respect. I've done the same in my work life.

On 08/06/2018 at 4:33 PM, robboman said:

Was?

Well, not sure what was agreed but we were in for him last week and were told by a combination of him and his agent that he won't be coming due to the problems we have been having with the late payment of wages...

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Usual cheap digs. What's  your claim to fame? 

Me?

Relegated from League One on two occasions fewer than Dan Gardner.

Sacked on two occasions fewer than Darren Kelly.

Responsible for being expelled from the FA Cup on one occasion fewer than Dave Pace.

4 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Where viable has it been stated he’s been sounded out or not interested?

i agree Sinnott usually spot on but all he’s said is he had a meeting with AL - Clarkr is the team captain and an employee - hardly sensational he’s been seen at the club 

I’m going off what Lee says - but  he certainly seems to know his stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Is is common knowledge that Scholes met the board yesterday, I was over hearing a chat in the Farraras ?

The Farraras, sounds like the Grasscroft version of a Rio slum. I don’t know if it’s common knowledge but he’s in to 2/1 from 5’s on BetVictor. 

3 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Me?

Relegated from League One on two occasions fewer than Dan Gardner.

Sacked on two occasions fewer than Darren Kelly.

Responsible for being expelled from the FA Cup on one occasion fewer than Dave Pace.

Apart from that you know nothing.

4 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Is is common knowledge that Scholes met the board yesterday, I was over hearing a chat in the Farraras ?

Don’t think Scholes would take it isn’t he contacted with the media for the World Cup???

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Don’t think Scholes would take it isn’t he contacted with the media for the World Cup???

Nothing a quick call to Richie Wellens to come back as Caretaker won't

RW is as good a caretaker as Shez is from Jan to May.

Maybe we should announce a Job share.