Callum Lang

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Jesus. Just noticed this.

What's the point in that? If he bags 10 in 20 he'll be off again.

I think if he bags 10 in 20 he is actually more likely to stay. He isn't ready for first team in Championship.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think if he bags 10 in 20 he is actually more likely to stay. He isn't ready for first team in Championship.

Nazon scored a few for Coventry in league 2 in the first half of last season, then came to us for the 2nd.

1 minute ago, jsslatic said:

That if he bags 10 in 20 we'll be 10 goals better off?

No... you are clearly doing it wrong.  There is obviously no point loaning a player that can bag 10 goals in 20.... what is the point in that!!??    

Imagine actually asking that question on a lower league football forum..... What's the point is singing a player that might bag 10 in 20?   Jesus.

Having witnessed COG's performance at the weekend, experienced strikers can fuck off for the time being - I'm all for giving youth a chance.  Both Surridge & Lang have scored goals at this level already - for atrocious L2 teams - so I'd rather plump for these 2 up top with Baxter just behind, than have to watch that excuse for a footballer ever again.

Edited by sjk2008

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Having witnessed COG's performance at the weekend, experienced strikers can fuck off for the time being - I'm all for giving youth a chance.  Both Surridge & Lang have scored goals at this level already - for atrocious L2 teams - so I'd rather plump for these 2 up top with Baxter just behind, than have to watch that excuse for a footballer ever again.

Totally agree.  Both have very recent experience of scoring at this level.  Unlike our other 'experienced' strikers.  Looks a good signing this one. 

Averaged a goal every 144 minutes in this division last season. And he should only improve. Seems like just the kind of forward we've been looking for.

At first, being an untried youngster, he was only given a go in Morecambe's team off the bench, and then not used at all for a stretch from October to November.

He got his first goal in December, and went on to score 5 in that month as he was given his first starts. He then seemingly took a couple of knocks over January, then was back in the team scoring some important goals as the Shrimps staved off relegation.

Hopefully, like Surridge, this will be valuable experience going into their second senior season of regular football.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6594261-he-s-got-goals-in-december-and-turned-in-good-performances-morecambe-manager-jim-bentley-says-striker-callumlang10-has-matured-on-and-off-the-pitch (You can stop listening when he starts going on about Kevin Ellison)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42837391 - Article following his awarding of EFL Young Player Of The Month for December

Big Everton fan, was with Liverpool til age 14, Wigan since, scored against Man City in FA Youth Cup, sounds like he matured a lot during his Morecambe loan, turns 20 in a few weeks... Can see why we've moved in for him sharpish if we were perhaps being kept waiting for Connor Hall.