Fox News Revolution indicating that it will be a foreign manager and one of Correra, Herrera or Jonker. And quite imminent.

https://www.revolution962.com/news/revolution-local-sport/latics-set-sights-on-foreign-manager/

Summary of the 3 contenders:
Pablo Correa: 52. Dual Uruguay/French citizen. Won French League Cup in 2005/6. UEFA Pro Licence.Manged French 2nd tier 2018/19. Managed Nancy for 377 games from 2002-2011, 29 Games at Evian, Another 159 games at Nancy again, and  54 at Auxerre. Top Tier 288 Games, W92, D18. 1.24 pts per game Highest finish 4th.

Tier 2 PLd 256 W 108 D 76 1.56 pts per game.  Won L2 in 2004/5 and 2015/16 5 top 10 finishes

Herrera. 65. Spanish. Unknown qualification. too many clubs to list. 41 games in La Liga, but ppg 0.88. LaLiga 2 though, 274 games, 1.56 ppg. Not a manager from  03-09.

Took Las Palmas into La Liga via play offs in 2014. NEver in bottom half of La Liga 2.

Andries Jonker: 56. Dutch. UEFA Pro Licence. Has been Assistant to Van Gaal . Managed arsenal youth, Wolnot worked since 2017.  Widespread Assistant Manager (fits in OAFC template of Asst Manger template) managed Maastricht, Willem II, Bayern 2, caretaker at Bayern, Wolfsburg. Dutch 1st Div 61 matched avg 1.07 ppg. 20 games in Bundesliga 1.52 ppg. won all 3 play off games. Also 20-30 games in Dutch 2nd tier and German 4th tier.

My view Correa would be the pick of the 3, but for us? really? seem unlikely.

Edited by singe

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Fox News Revolution indicating that it will be a foreign manager and one of Correra, Herrera or Jonker. And quite imminent.

https://www.revolution962.com/news/revolution-local-sport/latics-set-sights-on-foreign-manager/

Not sure it really says that:

"So far three names of coaches from outside of the UK have been linked with the job"

"no date has been set for when Oldham Athletic will announce their new head coach but [...] a decision sooner rather than later will be a benefit to the club"

Looks like it's just restating the speculation to date.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

why would any player or manager sign up for a owner who's current position is currently in a state of limbo at best due to not be able to pay what he owes?

Presumably it doesn't come up in any conversations they are having with potential targets.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Presumably it doesn't come up in any conversations they are having with potential targets.

Maybe but why would he he be talking to targets if he isn't going to be here? The delay and silence is for a reason. 

52 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Maouche is not signed 😢

Is that you confirming he just hasnt re-signed yet, or he has left?

I hope its the latter, as I'm not sure i can deal with another season of thinking hes ok for 5 minutes of a game, and then hating him for 85 minutes when I remember hes actually proper shit.

27 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Not sure it really says that:

"So far three names of coaches from outside of the UK have been linked with the job"

"no date has been set for when Oldham Athletic will announce their new head coach but [...] a decision sooner rather than later will be a benefit to the club"

Looks like it's just restating the speculation to date.

You may well be right. Mixed bag, they reported speculation linking us with Tommy Spurr from Preston that did nto materialise, butalso reported Clarke and Edmundson going.

38 minutes ago, youngen said:

Is that you confirming he just hasnt re-signed yet, or he has left?

I hope its the latter, as I'm not sure i can deal with another season of thinking hes ok for 5 minutes of a game, and then hating him for 85 minutes when I remember hes actually proper shit.

He is weighing up his options..

When foreign managers come into the premiership, or even some degree the championship, at those levels it’s easier for those managers to know more about the leagues as they are so high profile and can be watched anywhere in the world these days. There is also a fair chance that foreign signings of the highest calibre will likely work out in terms of recruitment at that level.

Im not so sure the same thought process can be applied at League Two level. I think it would be very tough for a foreign manager to come in at this level. He would need a good deal of time to get to know and actually understand the level. Likewise in terms of player recruitment, taking lower league foreign players and trying to put them into league two again wouldn’t be easy, trying to work out if they will be able to adapt.

in my opinion we need a British manager, somebody who has experience in leagues one or two or I wouldn’t be against giving a National League Manager a chance, somebody hungry to prove themselves in the league. It needs a manager who understands what type of player and character is needed in league two in the north of the country on a cold and wet November evening at Carlisle Utd away. 

As somebody else has stated, why on earth does it take this long given the time it’s been since Scholes left or even to when Wild left

I would hazard a guess this may well be affecting season ticket sales as there will likely be people who don’t want to commit their hard earned money when they have no idea what the prospects look like for the season ahead so they will hold off. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Paul said:

When foreign managers come into the premiership, or even some degree the championship, at those levels it’s easier for those managers to know more about the leagues as they are so high profile and can be watched anywhere in the world these days. There is also a fair chance that foreign signings of the highest calibre will likely work out in terms of recruitment at that level.

Im not so sure the same thought process can be applied at League Two level. I think it would be very tough for a foreign manager to come in at this level. He would need a good deal of time to get to know and actually understand the level. Likewise in terms of player recruitment, taking lower league foreign players and trying to put them into league two again wouldn’t be easy, trying to work out if they will be able to adapt.

in my opinion we need a British manager, somebody who has experience in leagues one or two or I wouldn’t be against giving a National League Manager a chance, somebody hungry to prove themselves in the league. It needs a manager who understands what type of player and character is needed in league two in the north of the country on a cold and wet November evening at Carlisle Utd away. 

As somebody else has stated, why on earth does it take this long given the time it’s been since Scholes left or even to when Wild left

I would hazard a guess this may well be affecting season ticket sales as there will likely be people who don’t want to commit their hard earned money when they have no idea what the prospects look like for the season ahead so they will hold off. 

The ST discount period has now ceased....at this point even if we appointed Mourinho I wouldn’t be renewing!!

As a fan and AL’s advisor on the board just what is Barry Owen advising him on??

The close season activity generally  gives the fans a good pointer as to level of ambition of a football club.

ST sales are paramount to any club, especially those looking to make a promotion push so if I was Barry Owen I’d be telling him to get a manager/coach in as early as possible and get the player recruitment off and running.

The silence is deafening....we’ve an owner who knows fuck all about the EFL and an advisor who it would seem knows even less!

• Like 2

IT states it herehttps://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/may/31052019-v12-finance/

"The Early Bird period will finish on the 14th June when prices will then be increased."

Though with no manager, few players and no sign of any progress as a club, I am still not persuaded to purchase a season ticket after having one for 20 years

• Like 1

Yeah...just had it confirmed by Billy but it won’t make any difference to me, I won’t be taking advantage this season. 

The silence and lack of action from the club has had a massive effect on ST sales. I really don’t understand it at all!

• Like 5

All a bit of a vicious downward spiral.Players won't sign without knowing who the manager is; managers not signing up because reducing time to establish a competitive squad;season tickets not being sold because no manager or credible squad;reduced income from season ticket sales less money in the kitty to fund squad and management team etc.etc......

This is the first season l’ve ever been calm. I’m honest hoping he goes full on continental and l will turn up from tbe start home n away and back the lads back the gaffer, get on it proper enjoy my days. Really hope it works cos it’s gona be a shit storm if it doesn’t and l’ll be arguing with people until like february cos l’m Mr Fuckin Positive and l really cba.

Get Maouche on board get a solid champ CDM on the slide play a 3 built round him and two from SolidchampCDM, Missile, Sylla and one more.

Get an actual striker with Nepo and The Johan Branger either side.

A whole British back four and two imports.

Hope Bridges aren’t burnt somewhere for a prem kid keeper. Maybe that chap who played one match.

That’s it that’s all we need 🙄.

#walktheague

• Like 4