Missilou

I cannot believe just how good he was yesterday. It was as good a performance I’ve seen from any single player for as long as I can remember. 

He absolutely bullied their midfield, stopped their play regularly, won challenge after challenge and was still pressing and hurrying in the final minute.

Pretty much Kante-esque.

Not sure how long a deal he has, but it needs extending because if he keeps playing like this he won’t be here much longer.

Agreed. Thought he was excellent. After a scratchy start to his time here, he now looks like one of the 1st names on the teamsheet. His contract is up in the Summer. I hope AL has begun talking to him about a contract extension. Credit where it's due, to AL and his brother for bringing him here.

He looked like a walking red card and nothing else in his first few games.....

Whilst he still likes to walk a tightrope following any booking, he's come on leaps and bounds in the last 2-3 months and looks to be really enjoying his football. A great signing

55 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

He looked like a walking red card and nothing else in his first few games.....

Whilst he still likes to walk a tightrope following any booking, he's come on leaps and bounds in the last 2-3 months and looks to be really enjoying his football. A great signing

Agree that less tolerant refs could have seen him sat in the stands a little more but has grasped his chance with both hands.

His form has improved dramatically since Gardner's sidelining and his surges forward have added greatly to his defensive qualities.

It  just goes to show that no-one is indispensable and players can step up if given the chance, which makes some posters instant assessment of players even more ludicrous. 

He was outstanding. I'd very very surprised if Claudio wasn't in Al's ear at the final whistle. That was  £5 Million display if ever you saw one. Immense. 

Get him tied down now on a long contract with a big transfer clause in it.

11 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Agreed. Thought he was excellent. After a scratchy start to his time here, he now looks like one of the 1st names on the teamsheet. His contract is up in the Summer. I hope AL has begun talking to him about a contract extension. Credit where it's due, to AL and his brother for bringing him here.

Is he a #frenchsuccess ? 

I think he's the real deal, he's been that good in recent games and showed he could do it against better players. He's not played 20 games of pro football yet!

Incidentally at 5 foot 11 he adds some much needed height to our midfield (Wikipedia). 

26 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I think he's the real deal, he's been that good in recent games and showed he could do it against better players. He's not played 20 games of pro football yet!

Incidentally at 5 foot 11 he adds some much needed height to our midfield (Wikipedia). 

The last time I thought of 5'11" as being tall was 1977

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Playing alongside the six footers Nepomuceno and Maouche he still looks small to me...😉

Dean Furman was 6 foot and he's taller than Nepo. Strange that Edmundson is 6 1 1/2 (or was when I asked him/stood beside him) and he looks to be a foot taller than all of them!

On 1/7/2019 at 11:30 AM, sjk2008 said:

I cannot believe just how good he was yesterday. It was as good a performance I’ve seen from any single player for as long as I can remember. 

He absolutely bullied their midfield, stopped their play regularly, won challenge after challenge and was still pressing and hurrying in the final minute.

Pretty much Kante-esque.

Not sure how long a deal he has, but it needs extending because if he keeps playing like this he won’t be here much longer.

Agreed. He was immense. The last time I saw a player dominate a game like that and cover pretty well every inch of ground it was old Golden Balls himself in that WC qualifier v Greece.

14 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

He certainly was on Sunday. However, I’ll try not to get too carried away, because Placide looked like he was as well after a handful of decent games.

This lads attitude and desire is spot on, many managers will want him in their teams.

Wouldn't be surprised at a big move here or abroad.