Scholes gone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Wild has gone from being a fan and our youth coach to (probably) the best thing to happen to our club this season within the space of 6 months and I'll never forget what he's done for the club,

This.

👌👍

7 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Now if you said she liked a pint.....

At a  Royal Military race meeting at Sandown Park I was invited by her entourage for a drink in the regimental lounge.

I asked the barman for a pint of bitter, to which he replied, "Sorry Sir, we don't stock that sort of thing", however, he would do his best to find a bottle of light ale for me.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

At a  Royal Military race meeting at Sandown Park I was invited by her entourage for a drink in the regimental lounge.

I asked the barman for a pint of bitter, to which he replied, "Sorry Sir, we don't stock that sort of thing", however, he would do his best to find a bottle of light ale for me.

Great real ale stall at Sandown in the main hall 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Scholes to become United's director of football according to today's Mirror...

No wonder he jumped ship at Latics....I find it all a bit of a coincidence that he blamed the owner...which was always well documented, before he became manager. TBH i think he did more damage than good.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, BP1960 said:

You uncouth bounder, sir! 😉

59 minutes ago, manshaw said:

No wonder he jumped ship at Latics....I find it all a bit of a coincidence that he blamed the owner...which was always well documented, before he became manager. TBH i think he did more damage than good.

Do you think??

There was absolutely no logical reason why he was ever going to do a good job at this level and the performances post-Yeovil showed that.  The #givehimtime lads were always going to have a point, but it was an appointment purely to give a quick boost to the profile of the club, without any real long-term thinking..

8 hours ago, JoeP said:

Do you think??

There was absolutely no logical reason why he was ever going to do a good job at this level and the performances post-Yeovil showed that.  The #givehimtime lads were always going to have a point, but it was an appointment purely to give a quick boost to the profile of the club, without any real long-term thinking..

My only hope was that he would learn, had fairly decent back up from

former colleagues and could invite a better calibre of player here, we will never know.

6 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

former colleagues and could invite a better calibre of player here, we will never know.

"Better" maybe, but effective at this level?  Probably not..

14 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

That's the way I saw it but sadly he never really got going or inspired anyone at the club

Just goes to show that money doesn't buy you everything

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't get over the response to scholes.....he had 7 games of which we won one and should have won at least 3 others but for poor on-pitch decisions. 

You simplu cannot say Scholes or Wild or good or bad managers based on what they had to work with at latics.... 

He didnt even get a transfer window ffs.... 

6 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Still can't get over the response to scholes.....he had 7 games of which we won one and should have won at least 3 others but for poor on-pitch decisions. 

You simplu cannot say Scholes or Wild or good or bad managers based on what they had to work with at latics.... 

He didnt even get a transfer window ffs.... 

I’ll try:

Wild = good Manager now, could be very good in the future

Scholes = not a good Manager now, not sure he will be a good one in the future

😎

Archived