Tranmere Rovers (h)

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Indeed. 

How can an acadamy coach get more out of them than a legend of the game? 

Exactly the same players, and the bills still need paying, yet the performances are much better. . 

Players don't always transfer into good managers, although I still think PS bottled it to some extent.

Cant get carried away and just enjoying the moment but when you look at PW stats together with his previous stint in charge its pretty impressive

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Indeed. 

How can an acadamy coach get more out of them than a legend of the game? 

Exactly the same players, and the bills still need paying, yet the performances are much better. . 

He knows the club, he knows the players. 

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Players don't always transfer into good managers, although I still think PS bottled it to some extent.

Cant get carried away and just enjoying the moment but when you look at PW stats together with his previous stint in charge its pretty impressive

Yeah, agree with that. 

I just think Scholes blamed things to mask his own shortcomings. Wild is working in exactly the same circumstances both prior and after Scholes with better results. 

Chuffed for him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, agree with that. 

I just think Scholes blamed things to mask his own shortcomings. Wild is working in exactly the same circumstances both prior and after Scholes with better results. 

Chuffed for him. 

Absolutely

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Perhaps. But performances under PW are more dynamic. 

Our team always do this on the back of a manager going (for whatever reason).

Same group playing much the same way showing heart and desire they lacked under Scholes, let's not forget they went off the boil for Wild last time round which probably says a lot about the character of the bunch.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Same group playing much the same way showing heart and desire they lacked under Scholes, let's not forget they went off the boil for Wild last time round which probably says a lot about the character of the bunch.

I know what you mean, last clean sheet we had though before saturday was under Wild, it does seem he has more in the way of tactical awareness.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

To throw a quote back at you-

Pete Wild-you have never really liked him though have you?

On 3/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, kowenicki said:

Scholes is going to look a right dick if we now go on a winning run.  I’d love that. 

Your reply.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:33 PM, yarddog73 said:

:laught16:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But, one might reasonably assume, bugger all chance of keeping him and so it starts all over again.  At best.

I agree, we'll do well to keep hold of Chris... 😉

Seriously though, I never even considered it a possibility that we'll have Lang with us next season.  It's just nice to see a young player with potential stay with us for a year and develop into a talented player while with us.

I worry for our prospects for next season and I don't think we'll keep anyone who has any value.  Nothing against Wild but I can see the mess at the club putting off a lot of players from staying/coming here.

10 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I think it ten games in charge ? six wins three losses one draw or around about that - not bad

Thats not bad to be fair, I guess what happens in the remaining games may dictate whether he gets it next season. Just because he’s not a big name, or experienced manager, I don’t think that should go against him, all managers have to start somewhere. Big names don’t always make good managers.

Apart from an impressive win away at a premier league side and an admirable defeat against a higher division side in the FA cup, that’s 16 points from 8 games and automatic promotion form in the league under Wild. That’s Solskjaer proportions at Man U. GIVE HIM THE JOB. Could we, just could we, make a late push for the play offs? I know!! getting giddy!! Night everyone x

Edited by meat pie sausage roll

11 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

One last chance. Win this and it keeps next Saturday interesting.

Got a funny feeling we'll win this. We're favourites with the bookies despite all the issues and Tranmere winning X on the bounce. They don't have us favourites softly. 

Come on blues.

You blues

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I reckon Wild believes he can get results against Col U and Swindon... If he does we’re right back in the mix and with Exeter and Newport still to play. 

Could be be an interesting couple of weeks...

That's my feeling, would be gutting to miss out by one point but if we can get another win Saturday it at least keeps the season going and we don't have drab games. 

Just looking back to those late goals last month were we chucked away 4 points against Crewe and Stevenage. 

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

That's my feeling, would be gutting to miss out by one point but if we can get another win Saturday it at least keeps the season going and we don't have drab games. 

Just looking back to those late goals last month were we chucked away 4 points against Crewe and Stevenage. 

And didn't turn up against Morecambe, the rot had set in from that moment.

9 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Superb tonight.Apart from a few unforced errors  in giving possession away it was top class from the whole team. Defence and Iverson were strong and composed, midfield  excellent and battled for everything.Lang immense up front and credit to O'Grady. ALL ran their socks off.

This post captures last night’s play for me too Flemboy. 

I watched the game on iFollow and the performance was accurately summarised by John Helm as ‘the spine of the team being strong’ - Iversen, Clarke & Edmundson at the back, Maouche and Missilou in the middle, and Lang central up front.

We contained and competed with an aggressive Tranmere side who played extremely well in patches but ultimately could not break us down.

Prior to the game there had been talk of Flu in the camp and one or two did look leg weary at times during the game. But all dug in and we saw the game out. There’s a spirit that has returned to the team and for that Wild must be congratulated.

I wonder if the stayaways will turn up in force at Colchester this weekend? I’ll see you there guys 😉

9 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

Im no fan of the chairman not sure boycotting will lead to anything.....

....boycotting should be a last resort, after dialogue has been attempted/exhausted and nothing positive has come of it. The Trust have tried a softer & patient approach to dialogue with the owner which hasn’t worked. They’ve now ratcheted that up to convey a sense of urgency. Good.

In this case, the dialogue is being sought to provide assurances Mr. Lemsagam’s unorthodox behaviour is not putting the health of the Limited Company as risk of being liquidated, such is the various array of negative stories that surround his tenure and self evident lack of proper business governance.

2 wins should not mask the bigger picture..... just like 2 losses should not magnify it.

A boycott could well be a course of action that is recommended regardless of how the team is performing on the pitch. Blackpool fans boycotted when they were getting promoted out of this sh1t hole of a league we find ourselves marooned in mid table in - with a lionshare if the blame being laid at the feet of our owner and his hire/fire/interfere methods.

Pete Wild has been great.... but he’s been in charge for a handful of games. Paul Scholes didn’t do so great.... but he was in charge for a handful of games. Let’s not lose sight of the primary objective here. The health of our football club.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1