Crewe (A)

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's about time the powers that be realised fans don't want negative football home or away.

Despite all the talk it's back to negativity again.

For me anyway, it’s more a feeling of frustration than negativity. You can’t legislate for De La Paz’s error, but it was blindingly obvious what substitutions were needed and when once Crewe were well on top. Instead Dino just sat on his hands until it was too late.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

For me anyway, it’s more a feeling of frustration than negativity. You can’t legislate for De La Paz’s error, but it was blindingly obvious what substitutions were needed and when once Crewe were well on top. Instead Dino just sat on his hands until it was too late.

Crewe can't have much money, but their manager has produced a refreshing team playing attacking football home and away.

That's the philosophy we need here. 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Crewe can't have much money, but their manager has produced a refreshing team playing attacking football home and away.

That's the philosophy we need here. 

David Artell has been in charge for just over 3 years we have had 8 changes of management in that time. You want to put a philosophy in place you need a stable management team who are allowed time to make mistakes and expect a string of failures first before you get success.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

David Artell has been in charge for just over 3 years we have had 8 changes of management in that time. You want to put a philosophy in place you need a stable management team who are allowed time to make mistakes and expect a string of failures first before you get success.

Perhaps that’s what AL has in mind with Dino 😐

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's about time the powers that be realised fans don't want negative football home or away.

Despite all the talk it's back to negativity again.

Did we play negative football for the first hour or were we just pushed back by the home team? I'll give you the crap substitutions though 

13 minutes ago, astottie said:

Did we play negative football for the first hour or were we just pushed back by the home team? I'll give you the crap substitutions though 

Yes we did play negative shite from a the off

8 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

Yes we did play negative shite from a the off

But Dino said in tonights interview he doesn't play defensive, he told the players to play attacking football.

Is it a case of some players aren't up to it, or just don't listen to instructions?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But Dino said in tonights interview he doesn't play defensive, he told the players to play attacking football.

Is it a case of some players aren't up to it, or just don't listen to instructions?

It is in the football managers manual of guidance

if you lose point  out that a couple of players let  you down and didn’t follow instructions. If you win take the credit

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There were several reasons we lost today but 2 stand out.

1. An absolutely shocking mistake by the keeper.

2. Rank bad game management from Dino.

I don’t like our continuous revolving door of hire & fire but I’ve made my mind up and I’m convinced Dino is not the man to take this club forward. He’s already said he’s no tactician and In my opinion he’s damn right too!!

For me, the most disappointing thing was the game management. We were one all away against third in the league. Why is no one going down with cramp to slow it down? Where were the substitutions late on? We need to pick up this aspect of the game. Fair play to crewe, they deserved that but I'm still pissed off that we can't do the cynical parts of the game at all. I put that down to Dino because the substitution he made today and lack of further one's was naive at best.

2 minutes ago, dkay570 said:

For me, the most disappointing thing was the game management. We were one all away against third in the league. Why is no one going down with cramp to slow it down? Where were the substitutions late on? We need to pick up this aspect of the game. Fair play to crewe, they deserved that but I'm still pissed off that we can't do the cynical parts of the game at all.

Didn't the goalie have his regular hip injury after 30 minutes? 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Despite all the talk it's back to negativity again

Two games of positivism [and six goals] outweighed by one game perceived as negativity?

Fickle doesn't even come into it.

I was as disappointed as anyone else by Crewe's fucking seventh minute of added-time goal, I really thought a point was a good result.

It wasn't to be. Move on.

Just now, Wardie said:

Two games of positivism [and six goals] outweighed by one game perceived as negativity?

I was as disappointed as anyone else by Crewe's fucking seventh minute of added-time goal, I really thought a point was a good result.

It would have been  a fantastic result. The problem is we invited them on to us for 20 minutes. It was poor game management on and off the pitch.

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's not the result that wipes out the two good wins. It's his shitthousary tactics. We played 442 for two games. 6 goals and could have been double that. 6 points. Then first half today it wasnt brilliant but we were 442 and pressing from the front. As soon as they score he reverts straight back to the 451 that has failed throughout his tenure. He shit his pants and then didnt no what to do. Then brings on engone who for some reason cant run, I'm guessing hes not fit in the slightest. He has our goalkeeper dropping to the floor everytime he catches it. He has all our players walking to free kicks and throw ins. I dont give a shit if we win or lose because this season is a write off. Not goin up or down. But what I do give a shit about is that we have a manager who cannot do his job. If we would have scrapped and had a go and lost I would have said it wasnt meant to be. But he literally set us up 4-5-fuck me up the arse-1 and asked for crewe to bombard us. I'd rather get a manager who can react tactically properly come in now and start setting up for next season

22 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So Dino reckons not controlling possession was one of the main reasons for the defeat. Yet McCann is sat on the bench all game?

🤔

I thought McCann would have been the player to come on when Branger was brought on.

It made me think about McCann's "improved contract".

Was it to save giving McCann appearance money?

Surely not, but I could not stop wondering if this was so.

Dino would not want to upset the clowns.

Sorry about the conspiracy theory.

18 minutes ago, Wardie said:

We've won 2 in 10 lets have it right.

That was my first game since Burton in the cup, and it’ll probably be my last this season. Fuck Dino,  no way where we getting owt from that game from the second we scored. We conceded the first because he’s insistent on having every player back for corner, so once we get possession there’s no one to aim for. And the time wasting at 1-1 is embarrassing , we’re 14th in league 2 , not going down and had absolutely nowt to gain

from a draw today. A coach with something about him today would’ve seen that they where there for the taking and brought on  another striker today. Instead he brought on Branger for some reason and we inevitably lost. Fuck off Dino, please 

An attacking head coach would have brought Mani and McCann on with 30 minutes to go.  I would have replaced Missalou and Nepo because of their jogging back into position.  It seemed to me that he wasn't allowed to make the necessary changes or at least that is the most charitable view.

1 hour ago, dkay570 said:

For me, the most disappointing thing was the game management. We were one all away against third in the league. Why is no one going down with cramp to slow it down? Where were the substitutions late on? We need to pick up this aspect of the game. Fair play to crewe, they deserved that but I'm still pissed off that we can't do the cynical parts of the game at all. I put that down to Dino because the substitution he made today and lack of further one's was naive at best.

What a bloody shameful post. If that's how you want my team to play then I give up. Embarrassing. As it happens plenty who were at the game have rightly condemned our time wasting. Maybe you'd have preferred it if we'd lost in the 119th minute.

34 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

That was my first game since Burton in the cup, and it’ll probably be my last this season. Fuck Dino,  no way where we getting owt from that game from the second we scored. We conceded the first because he’s insistent on having every player back for corner, so once we get possession there’s no one to aim for. And the time wasting at 1-1 is embarrassing , we’re 14th in league 2 , not going down and had absolutely nowt to gain

from a draw today. A coach with something about him today would’ve seen that they where there for the taking and brought on  another striker today. Instead he brought on Branger for some reason and we inevitably lost. Fuck off Dino, please 

Nailed it.

We should have gone for them from first minute to last. We've nothing to play for, Crewe are going for promotion and have everything to lose. Yet some on here ignore what sounds like our time wasting (detestable, whichever side does it) and are disappointed that we couldn't scrape a draw against the mighty Crewe. This despite a 🤡 of an owner/board and a clueless manager.

Reality dawns.

Archived