Dowie or Scholes

224 members have voted

1. 1. Dowie or Scholes

• Scholes
    • Dowie

Now I know nothing, but have been intrigued by the betting.

I am sure that these names are smokescreen.

Buit lets say they are two of the 3.

The vast najority want experience and tactical nous. which Dowie brings. ALong with baggage.

Scholes is unknown. But Scholes, whilst potentially another Dickov, would obviosuly be a huge signing and potentially bring an extra crowd on his own.

Unlikely as it would be, it would be a nice problem to have.

If it were a straight choice between Dowie and Scholes, who would you bring?

Dowie for me still, its what we need now.

Has to be Dowie.

Much as Scholes could bring something special to our midfield as a player / manager we need experience

and Dowie can shake up the players to be what we all know they are capable of.

Not sure if anybody can get the stats but an interesting one would be:

Goals conceded / scored in last 10 mins of a game this season

Goals conceded / scored in last 10 minutes under Dowie last time around

KTF

Has to be Dowie.

Much as Scholes could bring something special to our midfield as a player / manager we need experience

and Dowie can shake up the players to be what we all know they are capable of.

Not sure if anybody can get the stats but an interesting one would be:

Goals conceded / scored in last 10 mins of a game this season

Goals conceded / scored in last 10 minutes under Dowie last time around

KTF

Another interesting one would be able many winning goals have we scored in the last 10 minutes during Dickov's reign and how many we scored in Dowie's?

FFS, IN OUR CURRENT POSITION, SCHOLES IS NOT THE FOOKIN ANSWER, even if he wanted it, which i highly doubt

Calm down dear, its only a forum.

Almost everyone who has commented has agreed with you, and only 16 think Paul scholes.

And it clearly says it is unlikely. We all know the score.

Dowie purely for his experience, Scholes not tried and tested yet he could be the best thing since sliced bread but at this moment in time they need experience and Dowie has that Scholes in an unknown at managerial level yet.

Janet

My head says dowie bit my heart wants scholes. I voted scholes.

I just think the club is in a low position at the moment, and I don't just mean in league position. The feel good factor and excitement generated by scholes appointment could be exactly what we need.

He'll lift the fans. If he comes in a player/coach role he'll have shirts flying off the shelves with his name on the back, hell, even I'd buy one.

He'll lift the players. Some of the younger lads at the club will be buzzing to be standing alongside him on th training ground, never mind the pitch if he plays.

He's a naturally gifted player. If our lads can't learn from him they can't learn from anyone. It'll be like have Stephen Hawking as your high school physics teacher.

He'll boost attendances and no doubt generate a bit more media interest, which is never a bad thing.

He'll attract players. Just look at how well Dickov did in that department and he's not in the same league as Scholes. May even attract a good assistant and will have all the contacts. Man Utd loanees galore?

He's local so he won't be late for training (ok I'm clutching a bit now).

Dowie on the other hand.... Yeah he's got good potential as a manager, but he just, well, Dowie?

I voted Scholes because I am sick to the back teeth of people wanting to go back to previous managers whenever we need a new man in charge.

Not saying Dowie would definitely not work but look what happened when JR came back, just 1 win on the last day of the season!

Scholes would be a great player manager too!

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck