Furman to Doncaster

:censored: business.

Wesolowski's made of glass.

We need a squad to stay up.

If we were mid-table it would be the right thing to do. We're not.

This is what bothers me and injury too wes and suddenly our midfield really looks weak. Said for a while furman needs too move on now he needs a change of scenary (see neal eardley.and chris taylor) was hoping this would be the end of the season.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be a big mistake if he goes, quietly does a cracking job in midfield. hope any money we do get isn't at the cost of going down.

it's also not going to appeal to any new managers if we're letting our captain go!!

Don't agree.

I don't think anyone in our entire squad is doing a "cracking job" anywhere.

So what if our Captain is leaving? Firstly, I doubt very much we're "letting him go" (although I'd fully see why the club would let him, or anyone in our squad, go after such an inept season in the league...) as it sounds like it's his decision and secondly he's a Captain who has lead the team to the brink of relegation, which suggests he hasn't been a very good Captain, so maybe it's a chance for someone else to step up?

The fact that Smith can probably pick from a number of clubs next season and Furman looks have secured a decent move can purely be down to the media coverage they've received from our cup run and the African Cup of Nations respectively. Take the TV cameras away and neither are any great loss to Latics at all.

Edited by JoeP

Don't agree.

I don't think anyone in our entire squad is doing a "cracking job" anywhere.

So what if our Captain is leaving? Firstly, I doubt very much we're "letting him go" (although I'd fully see why the club would let him, or anyone in our squad, go after such an inept season in the league...) as it sounds like it's his decision and secondly he's a Captain who has lead the team to the brink of relegation, which suggests he hasn't been a very good Captain, so maybe it's a chance for someone else to step up?

The fact that Smith can probably pick from a number of clubs next season and Furman looks have secured a decent move can purely be down to the media coverage they've received from our cup run and the African Cup of Nations respectively. Take the TV cameras away and neither aren't any great loss to Latics at all.

he definitely hasn't been as good as we know he can be, and he's been living off last seasons good form, but he's still an important player for us. Losing your captain in a relegation battle is not a good thing.

What Furman does is keep possession, nicks it off the opposition and brings other people into play. Doncaster will be a good fit for him, theyre physical but can also play.

Dean Furman deal finalised tomorrow.

I wonder how much we will be getting for him.

As he could leave for free at the end of the season, which has about 7 weeks to go, do we expect to get anything more than a nominal loan fee?

I wish him all the best good things end in football.

Wish him all the best too, but let's not pretend he's been better than he has, just because it fits more comfortably with the habit many Latics' fans have of kicking the club at every possible opportunity...

Daft to me ! Furman is just the type of player you need when in a relegation battle at least he gets stuck in ! Can't be good for morale either to the rest of the team losing their captain, but if it means bringing a decent manager in and Mchangama (who was in decent form before injury) is back soon then so be it. Just hope it pays off