Supportr the Planning application for the New Stand

I don't think this is the right stand for the future of the club. However, anything is better than nothing and I have added my support.

Whats wrong with it? Decent capacity, can help diversify OAFC revenue stream to ensure they make money, good design (in my opinion...).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with it? Decent capacity, can help diversify OAFC revenue stream to ensure they make money, good design (in my opinion...).

It's the only side of the ground we can develop because of the space. A bigger stand would create bigger, or more, retail areas, and more room for everything else, which would bring in more revenue for the club. The corner at the RRE end should be filled in now, as it will cost far too much to do it in future, and the capacity should be at least 5000, if there is any ambition to be a Championship club. When the main stand is demolished in preparation for a new stand on that side, where will the shop, offices and changing rooms go? All this should have been incorporated in the new stand, making it into the new main stand

It's the only side of the ground we can develop because of the space. A bigger stand would create bigger, or more, retail areas, and more room for everything else, which would bring in more revenue for the club. The corner at the RRE end should be filled in now, as it will cost far too much to do it in future, and the capacity should be at least 5000, if there is any ambition to be a Championship club. When the main stand is demolished in preparation for a new stand on that side, where will the shop, offices and changing rooms go? All this should have been incorporated in the new stand, making it into the new main stand

I understand the stand's capacity can be expanded if and when required.

Bumpage

So out of over 4,000 fans, and over 150 regular users on here (must be more?) only

Diego_Sideburns

slystallone

Lukers1

singe

Daboke

shaw_blue

opinions4u

JoshOWTB

oafcmetty

reeriff

jimsleftfoot

al_bro

Gaz_Oafc

HAve confirmed they signed it.

A few others commenting here probably have (can you confirm?)

So I can create a Planning Support Hall of Fame.

Updated

Updated

Bumpage

So out of over 4,000 fans, and over 150 regular users on here (must be more?) only

Diego_Sideburns

slystallone

Lukers1

singe

Daboke

shaw_blue

opinions4u

JoshOWTB

oafcmetty

reeriff

jimsleftfoot

al_bro

Gaz_Oafc

AnthonyOAFC

Have confirmed they signed it.

A few others commenting here probably have (can you confirm?)

So I can create a Planning Support Hall of Fame.

Updated #2

*It's the only side of the ground we can develop because of the space. A bigger stand would create bigger, or more, retail areas, and more room for everything else, which would bring in more revenue for the club. The corner at the RRE end should be filled in now, as it will cost far too much to do it in future, and the capacity should be at least 5000, if there is any ambition to be a Championship club. **When the main stand is demolished in preparation for a new stand on that side, where will the shop, offices and changing rooms go? All this should have been incorporated in the new stand, making it into the new main stand

* My thoughts as well, but I suppose a lot comes down to money. The old Oldham Arena plans had a 5,200 seater Broadway Stand proposed, but it was also suggested that this could cost around £7m.

** Unless they can build a new Main/Furtherwood Road Stand in 3 months over a summer, this is a future question that has not been answered.

However, I'll still write in support of the plans tomorrow.

* My thoughts as well, but I suppose a lot comes down to money. The old Oldham Arena plans had a 5,200 seater Broadway Stand proposed, but it was also suggested that this could cost around £7m.

** Unless they can build a new Main/Furtherwood Road Stand in 3 months over a summer, this is a future question that has not been answered.

However, I'll still write in support of the plans tomorrow.

At this stage, I would say the benefits of building the planned stand outweigh the benefits of building a larger stand which a) the club would struggle to pay for and b ) would struggle to fill in the short/medium term. If we are in the position where we are filling the stand/retail spaces, we will be in a much better position to expand then, rather than build the bigger stand now.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Updated

Bumpage

Diego_Sideburns

slystallone

Lukers1

singe

Daboke

shaw_blue

opinions4u

JoshOWTB

oafcmetty

reeriff

jimsleftfoot

al_bro

Gaz_Oafc

AnthonyOAFC

Magic Mikey

Marhar

disjointed

jennylatics

joelatics

lancy lad

owdumer

Mark59

footy68

Updated 27 Feb

There's plenty of space behind the Chaddy for any future refurbishment to include offices and changing rooms, as well as further sponsors suites etc. Just look at Goodison's Park End (to our left last night). As for the shop, I'm fairly sure that will be one of the retail units in the new stand.