North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree with that completely. OT has character. As does Preston

I think that's more to do with the history of the clubs and the grounds rather than the actual design of the stadium personally.

So if 2 fairly generic stands were built to replace the main stand and chaddy it wouldn't be too much of a problem as it's still BP and still has all the memories and history of our club

Basically I hope the redevelopment doesn't stop here it's important we get the rest of the ground developed after so many years of false dawns. If they can make the designs distinctive it's a bonus.

That FC United article states

"The club fought a lengthy legal battle with a section of residents opposed to the building of the £6 million ground, which will also include sports facilities for the local community."

Surely lengthy is OLdham Athletic's battles, theirs was a walk in the park in comparison.

I'm sure that I read recently that structurally, the main stand is sound but obviously in need of a complete re-fit.

Personally, I'd much prefer that to knocking it down and replacing it with a single tiered design similar to the one detailed in the previous BP plans.

The only unique point of the main stand, surely, is the old sign. The rest has no architectural merit.

I understood that the issue with the changing rooms is that the whole of the North Stand is for revenue generating space..

I'm sure that I read recently that structurally, the main stand is sound but obviously in need of a complete re-fit.

Personally, I'd much prefer that to knocking it down and replacing it with a single tiered design similar to the one detailed in the previous BP plans.

SC said it may be refurbished. Which would be a waste of money IMO.

But they are also building community centers for disadvantaged pigeons and the like.

That was cut from the budget. There's only so much good you can do.

It's a bit in front of that, there are walls going up in the main stand, floodlight plinth thingies are in and the bus stop stand is up opposite the main stand.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121613585@N06/sets/72157643019956364/

This may have already been asked elsewhere but are tenants lined up to take on some of the office space yet?

I have asked that yes by the looks of it nothing official. In a recent blog Paul whitehead did mention that Simon corney is hard at work in discussions with people.

I suppose this is one of those things that should be being kept behind closed doors and not being made public.

I have two questions about the stand. How do you get in it? Secondly, are we able to walk along the front it looks like it will be blocked off with the advertising boards?

I think you need to get out more.. :)

Archived