The Sports Direct Stadium!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news for the club and another big step in the right direction.

A potential SEVEN-figure deal on the horizon is unheard of.

The club is finally arriving in the 21st century and I can't wait for next season to kick off.

Oh, and the Port Vale kits are really, really smart.

Not keen on the name, and a lot of fans will kick off if they get rid of the Boundary Park name, me included.

But... Sports Direct will be just right for the new stand, and we could have a worse sponsor.

Of all the Sponsors we could have got , we've come out of it pretty well. The Reebok is being renamed the Macron stadium for e.g. Well done to the club.

Professional teams wearing Sondico kit

http://sondicoprofessional.com/pro-teams/

Having the same shirt manufacturers as the Franchise! Absolute disgrace! Lol :-)

Seriously fantastic news, money for the club, links to a prem team that might see us get more than 3rd rate academy players on loan and most importantly looks like we have secured 2 deals on units in the new stand!

The only down side I can really see is them selling other teams shirts in what will essentially be our club shop....small price to pay

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

The only down side I can really see is them selling other teams shirts in what will essentially be our club shop....small price to pay

I doubt that they would. Will be Lonsdale and other brands from the SD shops.

Could Ashley potentially buy the club? Was interested in Glasgow Rangers a while back and believe he has shares . Our club miles from Newcastle, on M62 corridor and despite being in shadow of the Manchester clubs located amongst thousands of potential new fans if we deliver success on the field and further expand the SD brand.

To a bloke with personal wealth in excess of £3bn, buying the club is pocket change, a property investment and the opportunity to play Football Manager for a lot less money than Newcastle but with his marketing success grow our fanbase competing on the doorstep of United and City to get more media coverage for his retail empire.

Could Ashley potentially buy the club? Was interested in Glasgow Rangers a while back and believe he has shares . Our club miles from Newcastle, on M62 corridor and despite being in shadow of the Manchester clubs located amongst thousands of potential new fans if we deliver success on the field and further expand the SD brand.

To a bloke with personal wealth in excess of £3bn, buying the club is pocket change, a property investment and the opportunity to play Football Manager for a lot less money than Newcastle but with his marketing success grow our fanbase competing on the doorstep of United and City to get more media coverage for his retail empire.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Surprised the renaming has gone down so well after the whole Chaddy debate, but as people have pointed out, the deal would be massive for a club like ours and will probably fund a fair bit of the new stand. I'd still want to see the 'Boundary Park' name kept somewhere though - we'll all call it BP regardless but a next generation of fans calling the Sports Direct Stadium home wouldn't feel right. 'Sports Direct Stadium @ Boundary Park' anyone?

The amount of positivity that has been on here in the past few weeks has been absolutely overwhelming. I'm starting not to feel like an Oldham fan anymore...

Agreed....just need a little success on the field now and hopefully everything will fall into place.

The club shop was an horrendous place and apart from match days was a ghost town. The club can maximise profits now from a major retailers expertise and the rental of a unit in the new stand.

There's been a lot of doom and gloom on here for longer than I care to remember....let's put our trust in Corney and Co. to deliver......there's been a lot of criticism of Barry Owen of late but at the end of the day he's a true fan and a lifelong supporter.

We don't see the true picture of what he actually does but his role is totally voluntary and apart from a few obvious perks he does what he does for his love of the club. He's not perfect but let's give him our support instead of constant criticism at every opportunity.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Surprised the renaming has gone down so well after the whole Chaddy debate, but as people have pointed out, the deal would be massive for a club like ours and will probably fund a fair bit of the new stand. I'd still want to see the 'Boundary Park' name kept somewhere though - we'll all call it BP regardless but a next generation of fans calling the Sports Direct Stadium home wouldn't feel right. 'Sports Direct Stadium @ Boundary Park' anyone?

No thanks...

I'm fairly sure League/FA rules dictate he can't own another club in this country.

What's in a name? Will always be Boundary Park to me but if renamed Sports Direct Stadium and Ashley's pumping a cool million into our club in return then he can call it whatever he wishes.

Same goes for colour of shirt, club badge or even calling us Oldham Owls... it'll always be blue, the crest and Latics in my heart and in my soul but if changes generate investment and delivers success then it's progress for me.

What's in a name? Will always be Boundary Park to me but if renamed Sports Direct Stadium and Ashley's pumping a cool million into our club in return then he can call it whatever he wishes.

Same goes for colour of shirt, club badge or even calling us Oldham Owls... it'll always be blue, the crest and Latics in my heart and in my soul but if changes generate investment and delivers success then it's progress for me.

I wouldn't want to see this. Step too far!