The Sports Direct Stadium!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As irrational as this may sound, it me makes feel like we're a little bit big time again. Chuffed for the club as a whole.

About time we got some good fortune. Five-year sponsorship by a company owned by a billionaire that not only gets their name on our shirts, on the stadium but helps strengthen our infrastructure is a great and promising start

Some one call the authorities there has been an outbreak of optimism in the Latics community!

Avoid relagation

Belief in the manager to improve the team

New stand

Chairman who is bankrolling the club with out bankrupting it

And now *Big sponsorship* deals

I'm getting giddy from the excitement :OASISscarf:

Good stuff.

Someone mentioned a way to keep the BP name around, well first of all this is a (prospective) 5 year deal, so we could be back at Boundary Park in 2019, but for now, how about having the North Stand's bar being called The Boundary?

Ah yes, and highlighting to everyone. Great deal, good for the club, but a couple of words of caution.

"Potentially" a 7 figure sum.

Over 5 years that is £200k a year.

We won't have £1m burning a hole.

What does potentially mean, reaching Champions League final? Prem maybe?

Just being cautious.

SportsDirect.com Arena it'll be.

As long as the money goes towards improving the manager's kitty for the transfer windows I don't really mind. And I'm looking forward to having a shirt manufacturer that produces unique, individual shirts rather than the templated kit we currently have.

Playing Leeds and Bolton in the Championship at the Sports Direct Arena sounds better than watching us play Accrington and Northampton at Boundary Park in League2 any-day of the week.

Like everyone else 'I'll' still be going to Boundary Park.

The new Latics Train is adding a de lux carriage.

All aboard.

Ah yes, and highlighting to everyone. Great deal, good for the club, but a couple of words of caution.

"Potentially" a 7 figure sum.

Over 5 years that is £200k a year.

We won't have £1m burning a hole.

What does potentially mean, reaching Champions League final? Prem maybe?

Just being cautious.

Devil is in the detail agreed

Great news on the face of it BUT if it includes taking all the future profits from running the club shop and / or it is performance based contract then it may not be that good.But I prefer to be optimistic. ....

A guaranteed minimum income from the sponsorship helps the boss budget for future players contracts

A permanent tenant for the new stand which will help attract other businesses to have a go at renting a space

A 5 year deal with a kit supplier will surely encourage a more desirable, better designed and supplied product rather than the usual 2 year commitment that so often ends up in frustration for all concerned.

A air of professionalism around the ground that just adds to a positive frame of mind to all from the management, staff, players and fans.

I have said it in other threads that I would be shocked if the club shop makes any sort of profit at the moment, the revenue of letting sports direct the unit will far outway that anyway, hopefully with the shop gone the main stand can be flattened and replaced with a nice new family stand, nothing to tall so they can get the sun onto the near touchline.

I really hope the money goes to the club and not the stadium owner.....

If it does go to the stadium owner hopefully at the very least they will reduce their directors loan to the club.

Stadium owner?

That would be OAFC then.

How many times??? The people you are referring to are directors of the company that owns THE LAND that the Stadium is built on, NOT the stadium.

Edited by laticsrblue

A big word should go to Broady and his team for 'securing' this.

Broady does not have a team. He reports into Jenny. I suspect Broady has done a great job, but would be surprised if a deal this big did not include Jenny, and the CEO. Guess we will find out.

So big congrats to the Commercial Team, and all concerned. Assume the promotion is all part of that.