The Sports Direct Stadium!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly :coffee1: I've seen comments such as this is like a guaranteed cup run every year......well hang on these last few years we have had some pretty bloody good cup runs and the bottom line is that very little of the additional revenue has been invested back in the team. Hopefully the penny has finally dropped that crowds will only return to BP if there is a successful product on the pitch.

The money from the cup runs has gone into paying the bills its not like they sat on the £1million they got from the FA cup run last season in fact the accounts showed that despite the extra £1million we got from the FA cup we only made a £250K profit so we are running up a loss each year of £750K which shows we are operating beyond our means. The thought of where we would be with out the last 3 seasons cup runs and player sales is quite terryfying it may well have saved us from league 2 or worse administration.

The extra money here will go into paying the bills and making the losses smaller so that we can be sustainable long term we won't see a spending spree in the transfer market this summer it will strengthen our financial position which will be of benefit to OAFC long term.

The money from the cup runs has gone into paying the bills its not like they sat on the £1million they got from the FA cup run last season in fact the accounts showed that despite the extra £1million we got from the FA cup we only made a £250K profit so we are running up a loss each year of £750K which shows we are operating beyond our means. The thought of where we would be with out the last 3 seasons cup runs and player sales is quite terryfying it may well have saved us from league 2 or worse administration.

The extra money here will go into paying the bills and making the losses smaller so that we can be sustainable long term we won't see a spending spree in the transfer market this summer it will strengthen our financial position which will be of benefit to OAFC long term.

I hear what your saying, but i would hope that its just a small piece in the bigger picture. This,coupled with new stand income (non match day), plus bigger matchday revenue (both bigger footfall and higher average spend in the bar etc) help us achieve the goal of making a small profit in the not too distant future.

This way any additional income from fa cup etc has a much greater chance of findi g its way onto the pitch. The screw has been tightening for quite some time and i dont think its finished turning just yet, we aint quite there, but i would also hope once everything is in place and up and running, we can start to reverse the wrongs of the last 20 years

Havent we used something like 41 players this season? Excusing the fees paid for Baxter and Tarky, theres a large wage bill there. Not forgetting a stand which appears to be shooting up without any hindrance or cash flow worries. I dont get the people who want us to spend a load of cash, when we sign a decent name on a free or loan, they get booed out because they dont hit the ground running. Imagine how quickly a boo boy would become if we spent 3-400k on a player!

For the record, if Latics want to rename the stadium for a load of dosh so be it, but it always Boundary Park.

Could be wrong here, but in reply of someone who mentioned about Mike Ashley taking over, im not sure your allowed to own two clubs who participate in the same competition so Fa Cup and League cup in this instance. Read it somewhere, although feel free to correct me.

Who's mentioned Mike Ashley taking over?

The top and bottom line is, the club as a whole is moving forward at pace. The marketing department are doing a fantastic job, and have been doing so for many months, they really do deserve great credit. I think most of us are a lot more confident about the future than we have been for many a years. We have a good young manager, a major improvement to the ground is well on it's way, which in turn will give us massively improved facilities, that should pour money into the coffers at a rate not seen since the pinch me days. And all the while, us fans have at last got something to crow about as the feel good factor grows stronger.

The top and bottom line is, the club as a whole is moving forward at pace. The marketing department are doing a fantastic job, and have been doing so for many months, they really do deserve great credit. I think most of us are a lot more confident about the future than we have been for many a years. We have a good young manager, a major improvement to the ground is well on it's way, which in turn will give us massively improved facilities, that should pour money into the coffers at a rate not seen since the pinch me days. And all the while, us fans have at last got something to crow about as the feel good factor grows stronger.

Woah, Woah, Woah. Just kick back a little, far too much optimism if you don't mind.

I had to Google JD Stadium the other day as I heard someone refer to it as that. Had no idea it was Gigg Lane and at the time it was changed I lived approximately a 3 minute walk from the ground...

I don't think they will care what we call it, it will be media references and a good deal one the shop lease they are buying

£200k for shirt sponsorship is fine.

£200k for the stadium and shop is fine.

£200k for both is a bit crap.

Well, someone had to stop the half glass full gush.....

You suggesting that a League 1 club can command £200k per season for shirt sponsorship?

Broady does not have a team. He reports into Jenny. I suspect Broady has done a great job, but would be surprised if a deal this big did not include Jenny, and the CEO. Guess we will find out.

So big congrats to the Commercial Team, and all concerned. Assume the promotion is all part of that.

I love my Jenn-ey. She smells like cig-a-rettes.